Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Harry’s four noms: aoty, roty, pop album, pop solo. a fifth would be soty

This means the BRP would have to pick him for two general field categories—three if SOTY pans out too. It is certainly possible, but I find it incredibly hard to predict.

Abel feels more undeniable in all three categories so that’s not as interesting for me to talk about ad nauseam—so until we get the nominations, acts like Harry and Dua are more intriguing because it’s hard to say how it’ll shake out for the two Brits who’ve both had such a successful year. Dua of course has an advantage that she’s already won at the Grammys. She’s a known entity. But I’m still not sure she’s a lock in AOTY, and I think DSN might just make it into ROTY.

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Female albums with 7+ #1 weeks, last 25 years:

Jagged Little Pill

Fearless

Red

Folklore

Interesting company to be in, awards-wise…

folklore will win Album if the Year.

Something to point out, Beyoncé is an artist that many here believe that she is constantly robbed at the Grammys. Yet she is completely irrelevant on billboard, as far as monumental achievement. Taylor and Adele completely drag her.

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    Brian Hollweck
    Topics:

It is what it is. Nothing will change until the voting system changes first. By now we’re stuck at giving awards to the most popular instead of giving to the best ones 

Kacey beat the albums from Drake, Post and Cardi B in 2018.

Beck won over Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith in 2015.

2013 AOTY nominee‘s were generally not super big sellers.

Arcade Fire won over the albums from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Eminem in 2011.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won over the big sellers from Coldplay and Lil Wayne in 2009

So no not always.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

It is crazy to me how many people are underestimating Post Malone!

Yes, his album came out over a year ago. Yes, it feels old. But the stats that he has + sales + increasing industry respect + former Grammy noms = all point to an Album of the Year nomination.

The STAYING power both his album and his main eligible single “Circles” have had for almost the entire Grammy eligibility period. If you don’t think his peers are going to honor him for that, you might not be thinking clearly.

Once again, “Circles” is sitting at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 in its 55th week on the chart.

Hollywood’s Bleeding is sitting at #10 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart in its 54th week!

For my money, Post’s is easily the 2nd most likely album to be nominated in AOTY this year after The Weeknd’s.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Kacey beat the albums from Drake, Post and Cardi B in 2018. Beck won over Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith in 2015. 2013 AOTY nominee‘s were generally not super big sellers. Arcade Fire won over the albums from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Eminem in 2011. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won over the big sellers from Coldplay and Lil Wayne in 2009 So no not always.

Fiona Apple won over Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa & Harry Styles.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

WAP ended Drake mediocrity.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Kacey beat the albums from Drake, Post and Cardi B in 2018. Beck won over Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith in 2015. 2013 AOTY nominee‘s were generally not super big sellers. Arcade Fire won over the albums from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Eminem in 2011. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss won over the big sellers from Coldplay and Lil Wayne in 2009 So no not always.

As if those aren’t mere exceptions…

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

When will Billboard stop counting bundles? I think next month right? Thank goodness. I didn’t expect Taylor Swift, out of all people, to sicken me with the abuse of such tactics. You’d think no one could top 6ix9ine but oh well.. Good riddance when that new policy is implemented.

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

When will Billboard stop counting bundles? I think next month right? Thank goodness. I didn’t expect Taylor Swift, out of all people, to sicken me with the abuse of such tactics. You’d think no one could top 6ix9ine but oh well.. Good riddance when that new policy is implemented.

Acts like Harry Styles sold over 200k copies using ticket bundles. This is way more than what 6ix9ine sold.

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

this weeks sales were mostly due to signed cds anyway (which aren’t bundles)

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

all artists have bundles it’s not something that Taylor only does. Also you can’t go 1 simply from bundles, you need the gps support

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Selling a CD from your site has nothing to do with bundles, after the rule change, you can still sell CDS.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

all artists have bundles it’s not something that Taylor only does. Also you can’t go 1 simply from bundles, you need the gps support

nicki minaj says hello

FYC:
    yummy - ROTY/SOTY/BPSP/BMV

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Is Taylor putting her fans and public at gunpoint to buy her merch and CDs? No, so stay mad ❤️

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Something to point out, Beyoncé is an artist that many here believe that she is constantly robbed at the Grammys. Yet she is completely irrelevant on billboard, as far as monumental achievement. Taylor and Adele completely drag her.

Good thing AOTY is—and should be—about artistic achievement then, and not the Billboard charts, for which they have their own awards. Sales can play a part, but thankfully it’s not all there is, so albums like Golden Hour can also win.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.