Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 529 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I’m calling it right now. Tame Impala may defeat Fiona in Best Alternative Music Album and probably steal her AOTY slot. Girl in danger

We have been saying this for months already

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    Greg
    Topics:

Swifties are a worst virus than the Covid-19.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Yeah, I can totally see a Tame Impala upset and win on Best Alternative Music Album. I took him out of AOTY (will re-add later, maybe, as the Alternative slot) but I still have “Lost in Yesterday” for ROTY.

I love Currents, but my feeling with this new album, and most the people I know who like Tame Impala, is that the new album was a clear step down and overall a disappointment. It got pretty good reviews, though Pitchfork didn’t even give it their Best New Music stamp—but it just felt a bit dull and not as sonically diverse and interesting to me. I know it’s done pretty well because the band has grown so much from the success of the last album, so people were hungry for it, but I just haven’t been feeling it

I’d rather see both Fiona and Phoebe win alternative album ahead of Kevin, easily. And I think the BRP would be more inclined to pick both of them ahead of him for AOTY, for several reasons, chief of which acclaim. But maybe I’m completely wrong. We’ll see.

Profile picture
    lveitrim
    Topics:

Not y’all talking about “folklore” again. I love Taylor (as seen by my profile pic) but can we talk about something else PLEASE. For example: what are your predictions for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance?

Profile picture
    betty
    Topics:

Meanwhile our AOTY winner Fiona Apple is counting her coins from the 2000 copies she sold and the 2 streams she gets a day from moi.

M

FYC: Taylor Swift
    AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: exile feat. Bon Iver
    SOTY: cardigan
    Pop Solo: cardigan
    PD/G: exile feat. Bon Iver
    PVA: folklore
    Country Solo: betty
    Country Song: betty
    American Roots Performance: seven
    American Roots Song: seven
    Rock Performance: august
    Rock Song: august
    Traditional R&B: False God
    R&B Song: False God
    Song Visual Media: Only The Young
    Song Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts
    Music Film: Miss Americana
    Music Video: The Man

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I don’t really follow country music but I really liked Gaslighter, so I’m hoping The Chicks will do well in the country categories. The title track is a bop so I’ll happily see it win for best country song if they submit it.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Not y’all talking about “folklore” again. I love Taylor (as seen by my profile pic) but can we talk about something else PLEASE. For example: what are your predictions for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance?

BCSP
    The Bones: Marren Morris
    I Hope: Gabby Barret (BARF!) (IDK if she’ll submit the solo or Charlie Puth (BARF!) version)
    7 Summers: Morgan Wallen
    Bluebird: Miranda Lambert
    Homecoming queen?: Kelsea Bellrini

BCS:
    I Hope: Gabby Barret (BARF!)
    The Bones: Marren Morris
    Be A Light: Every single country musician currently alive
    Gaslighter: The Chicks
    Crowded Table: The Highwomen

Note: this lineup is clearly very women dominated. Not sure if the grammys will choose something like this but I hope they do as country music was dominated by women.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m calling it right now. Tame Impala may defeat Fiona in Best Alternative Music Album and probably steal her AOTY slot. Girl in danger

Nah. His album is NOT that good. I can see someone else upsetting, but not Tame Impala.

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

Not really related to anything, but considering FKA Twigs will probably miss everything but BMV again I really hope she somehow gets to perform one of her own songs this time. She always puts on a great show, plus that >>>> boring Alicia Keys piano ballad

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

Is there even difference between country and pop music now. Most of the hit country songs are pure pop. I am confused of putting them in country categories.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Not really related to anything, but considering FKA Twigs will probably miss everything but BMV again I really hope she somehow gets to perform one of her own songs this time. She always puts on a great show, plus that >>>> boring Alicia Keys piano ballad

She’ll play 5 pianos this time!

Can she host when having music in contention? What if she gets nommed?

My only wish is that they keep that fucking godawful piece of nonegoodery Gayle King out of the announcements. She’s vile and talentless.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Is there even difference between country and pop music now. Most of the hit country songs are pure pop. I am confused of putting them in country categories.

The Bones would be FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. She should be in pop and I bet she’d be nominated in Solo.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I doubt they’d give her a performance slot with only a video nomination. Didn’t they deny Lorde a solo performance when her ALBUM was nominated?

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

I doubt they’d give her a performance slot with only a video nomination. Didn’t they deny Lorde a solo performance when her ALBUM was nominated?

oh she’s most likely not getting one, at least not one on her own, but really just a pipe dream for me. She’s one of my fav artists to watch YouTube live performance videos, and one of my favorite concerts I’ve ever been to. She’d give a better performance than 70% of the people who probably will perform

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Performances are something I wish they change. This year ceremony was unbearable, 1 award for 10 performances..

Let only the album nominees perform or something like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.