Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Roger Federer
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

Jesus you Taylor stans are insufferable. Y’all will make 1800 different cases why it’s impossible for anyone but Taylor to win AOTY, every time she’s eligible.

And The Weeknd is one of the most established Pop/R&B stars today. He’s got a ton of respect. He’s not just some “commercial artist”.

He’s got the biggest record, and one of the biggest albums which is highly acclaimed as well. And he’s actively campaigning. He’s not exploiting BLM simply for being a Black artist.

There’s some really great and objective Taylor stans here like Rue, GrandeSwiftKnowles and BlackWidow. It’s just Epiphany, that loser who pretends to be an Insider and Kanil that all have an anti-Weeknd bias and can’t stop bringing him up for no reason and frankly it’s getting boring now.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Is she credited tho?

yes she is

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

There’s some really great and objective Taylor stans here like Rue, GrandeSwiftKnowles and BlackWidow. It’s just Epiphany, that loser who pretends to be an Insider and Kanil that all have an anti-Weeknd bias and can’t stop bringing him up for no reason and frankly it’s getting boring now.

??? Me thinking Abel may not sweeping suddenly I’m anti-Abel. I put Abel in all my prediction, I just don’t see him sweeping.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Yes, according to the new rules Fiona would get credited in Engineering.

Profile picture
    lily98
    Topics:

??? Me thinking Abel may not sweeping suddenly I’m anti-Abel. I put Abel in all my prediction, I just don’t see him sweeping.

I don’t think he’s sweeping either so that’s certainly not why i listed you.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I am not hating The Weeknd, I liked his past albums more. Someone said The Weeknd is sweeping and Taylor is leaving empty handed and then some people replied, better read the thread first. You Talk shit  for people you don’t know online, by the way.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t think he’s sweeping either so that’s certainly not why i listed you.

Then, why suddenly mentioned my name?

For you consideration :

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

Yall thinking to much and believe me academy members do not that much since 2015. After Hours getting AOTY even though i personally believe Folklore is one of the best albums ever both lyrically and musically. Her magnum opus.  The weeknd is doing the same music since forever, still this is his most cohesive and GP liked album. After Hours is commercially doing amazing and Abel is performing everywhere, literally everwhere i go i see his grammy campaign he is not doing this for a lost to previous 2 time aoty winner. Had the best and the biggest song of the year plus since this is america and lemonade lost grammys are not missing any chance to give political messages. Another year with 3 big sweeps duh… Only other option is maybe Fiona Apple can get aoty and their excuse would be the critical acclaim of it but i still believe after hours win is on lock.

For folklore i see only one win which is best pop vocal album and it is not even %100 possible. Taylor is doing hardly any promo it’s like she is avoiding to be get nominated for aoty so blame her… I think The weeknd’s team is submitting after hours to rnb for easy win which is sad because CxH really deserves that.

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I take back my “WAP isn’t winning Rap Performance” comments. Megan Thee Stallion is a BNA frontrunner. In the crazy chance she doesn’t win, she will need something to fall back on. Plus, “WAP” is about the biggest hit competing there, it would be the first time females are winning (post merger) and it’s Cardi B’s (an apparent Grammy Rap darling) only single in the eligibility period. Not a fan of the song, but “WAP” for the win. Sorry, Jack Harlow.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Variety’s prediction for 2021 Oscar (Best Original Song), just giving some ideas for Best Song Written for Visual Media.

For you consideration :

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

such a weak year, could Diana finally win it?

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I am not hating The Weeknd, I liked his past albums more. Someone said The Weeknd is sweeping and Taylor is leaving empty handed and then some people replied, better read the thread first. You Talk shit for people you don’t know online, by the way.

You said he doesn’t deserve AOTY because he’s exploiting the BLM movement by (checks notes) donating to the movement and demanding justice for Breonna Taylor. If that alone doesn’t show your bias IDK what does.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

such a weak year, could Diana finally win it?

Seems like it’s a pretty easy win for Billie tbh.

I take back my “WAP isn’t winning Rap Performance” comments. Megan Thee Stallion is a BNA frontrunner. In the crazy chance she doesn’t win, she will need something to fall back on. Plus, “WAP” is about the biggest hit competing there, it would be the first time females are winning (post merger) and it’s Cardi B’s (an apparent Grammy Rap darling) only single in the eligibility period. Not a fan of the song, but “WAP” for the win. Sorry, Jack Harlow.

WAP beating a song with Tory Lanez featured on it; Hello, let’s celebrate that!

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

You said he doesn’t deserve AOTY because he’s exploiting the BLM movement by (checks notes) donating to the movement and demanding justice for Breonna Taylor. If that alone doesn’t show your bias IDK what does.

I said his album is not about BLM in a year there are many BLM albums worthy of nomination and win and  you always change what I write and want to present me as some kind of racist etc.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I said his album is not about BLM in year there are many BLM albums worthy of nomination and win and you always change what I write and want to present me as some kind of racist etc.

Actually word for word you said ‘He is exploiting BLM to win’

Link: https://www.goldderby.com/forum/music/2021-grammy-predictions-part-47/page/4/#post-1203736021

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 47)’ is closed to new replies.