Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 671 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

First round voting is about to kick off. Let’s keep the conversation going here.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

First Round Voting is in 2 Days . Grammy Season will finally start. Hopefully they’ll give us a date for the nominations.

Curious to see how Dua Lipa will submit her material. More concerned to see will Fiona actually submit .

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I’m wondering if Ariana has a shot at a nomination for Best Compilation Soundtrack for the Charlie’s Angels album. The album tanked and was badly received but it’s not like we have many movies out this year, they could namecheck her. The only other potential nominees for that category I can think of are Frozen II and Birds of Prey.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

I hope Harry’s team submits to the right categories this time. I think they were right to submit him to Rock since his debut is a lot more rock-leaning than what Fine Line has been, but Rock voters were never going to embrace him with his first album coming out of a boyband and he could’ve potentially done better with Pop submissions.

Ideally, this would be his submissions:

AOTY & BPVA – Fine Line

SOTY & ROTY – Adore You (I think they might split the GF with Watermelon Sugar but Adore You has had such massive longevity and is still well-liked that I think it would be better for them to submit Adore You only to the GF)

BPSP – Watermelon Sugar

BMV – Adore You

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Btw, just added Fine Line to my AOTY lineup, replacing what used to be Post’s spot. I now have Harry, Dua and Taylor as the Pop nominees, which seems reasonable.

I also have WS in ROTY, assuming he is sending that. I low-key hope Adore You is submitted though, I find it a way better song. It also had impressive longevity, despite peaking lower.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Dance Monkey has FYC ads all over HDD site.

Nobody mentions it, but it could appear in some categories as a filler.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Ariana Grande + Best Compilation Soundtrack Album = NOT happening

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Dance Monkey has FYC ads all over HDD site. Nobody mentions it, but it could appear in some categories as a filler.

Daily reminders that HitsDD is trash at grammy coverage and is currently predicting Roxanne in ROTY as well as Juice in AOTY.

As for the soundtrack compilation, I’m also having a lot of difficulty coming up with 5 possibile nominees. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Btw, just added Fine Line to my AOTY lineup, replacing what used to be Post’s spot. I now have Harry, Dua and Taylor as the Pop nominees, which seems reasonable.

I could maybe see this happening but I somehow feel that only two would get in overall. I kinda think the only way for Taylor to get in is to make it top 20 but not like top 2 or really high up cause then they might see her as a threat and block her. But I’d she gets like number 8 or 7 or something they may put her in so that way people wouldn’t get upset because I think it would be a snub

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Also does anyone have any predictions for the rock categories? Maybe we just don’t care but I haven’t heard many predictions about that category on this thread

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The only other potential nominees for that category I can think of are Frozen II and Birds of Prey.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
    High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
    Judy
    Little Fires Everywhere
    Queen & Slim
    The Irishman
    To All the Boys: PS I Still Love You
    Trolls World Tour

I am missing anything else notable?

Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

My favorite songs of the year have been Blinding Lights, Say So, The Man, and Intentions. I would be very happy if these were nominated for Record of the Year. Maybe Rain on Me too.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

More concerned to see will Fiona actually submit .

Call me crazy but I think if she didn’t submit we would have heard something about it already

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I wouldn’t rule out Ariana getting into Compilation Soundtrack. That category is very, very weak this year.

I do think she might have a better shot at Song for Visual Media, which is even weaker.

Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

Daily reminders that HitsDD is trash at grammy coverage and is currently predicting Roxanne in ROTY as well as Juice in AOTY. As for the soundtrack compilation, I’m also having a lot of difficulty coming up with 5 possibile nominees. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Could Labrinth’s score for Euphoria make it in? There’s hype after the Zendaya win, but I don’t know if it technically qualifies. Does it have to be a movie soundtrack?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.