Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 671 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I can’t see a single scenario where they’d choose Harry Styles over the other 4 nominees. His nomination will be his reward, just like Shawn Mendes these previous years.

While their music is very equal quality-wise (imo) Harry somehow has a lot industry support. I still don’t buy him beating the most acclaimed album by one of the biggest artists ever though.

BTS is getting nominated. It’s getting publicized like crazy. Take your bias out of this shit, especially since Pop Duo/Group is not that competitive.

Controversial opinion: They’re 3rd behind Rain On Me and Memories. I think they’re ahead of that former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper. I also think they’re ahead of that other former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I think they’re ahead of that former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper.

Watch it not being nominated.

I also think they’re ahead of that other former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper.

This definitely won’t be, thank God.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

I think they’re ahead of that former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper. 

lol i thought this was about ariana but anyways (there’s so much of them..)

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

blinding lights is winning pop solo

is it?

being the frontrunner for roty and soty

wouldn’t they want to reward another song on Pop Solo?

if that was the case with truth hurts

harry may

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

blinding lights is winning pop solo is it? being the frontrunner for roty and soty wouldn’t they want to reward another song on Pop Solo? if that was the case with truth hurts harry may

The runner-up for this category would be Don’t Start Now (imo)

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

mmm equivalent to 7 rings being the runner up

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

mmm equivalent to 7 rings being the runner up

whoever said that was on crack

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Billie could be a dark horse for Pop Solo given she lost it this year, but I don’t see it happening anyhow – she’s not even top 3 of nominations likehood. She’s winning Visual Media anyways.

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

By the way, do you guys know if Variety is sent to the voters during the voting period? (just like Billboard is)

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now could pull off a Truth Hurts type of upset, depending on how the voters react to her campaign.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

BTS + Best Pop Duo/Group Performance nomination = NOT happening

We get it, the only songs being nominated are Fall On Me and that song by Sam Smith ft Demi Lovato.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Right now, the era that’s being executed most flawlessly is the Fine Line era. I won’t be surprised if he overperforms and wins.

This made the Applehead laugh, but it’s not for nothing that Columbia just won the MusicWeek award for best marketing campaign for Fine Line. It really has been a great campaign that has helped truly lift him into the mainstream as a solo artist.

But I also think that the ‘being nominated is his prize’ thing might prove accurate. More so than their female peers, male artists don’t tend win on their first nominations. Both Post and Shawn have been nominated two years running now without winning, as an example. Harry may follow suit this time.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

I think they’re ahead of that former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper. I also think they’re ahead of that other former teenstar with a racist past who had a huge payola hit featuring a rapper.

intentions and…?

Profile picture
    cc
    Topics:

intentions and…?

my oh my. It took me a minute as well

Cenizas - Nicolás Jaar

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Peaks alone don’t matter though. What matters is how often people hear the songs. Voters seem to generally vote for artists that feel most relevant that year. Even when Gaga surprised in 2019, she only did so because she was basically everywhere on TV. Right now, the era that’s being executed most flawlessly is the Fine Line era. I won’t be surprised if he overperforms and wins.

lol ok

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.