Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 671 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

moving on from t.swift, what is everyones thoughts on FN

one of the best pop albums of the year, 0 fillers, great production and execution.

A big step up from her debut album in quality. I think she did wise for keeping it short with 11 tracks.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

It’s a pattern especially this decade when a song wins SOTY will eventually win ROTY too if it gets nominated in both categories. Since SOTY winner will be announced first followed by ROTY so in this upcoming Grammy event, if Blinding Lights wins the former then, it is almost 100% guarantee that it will get the latter. But if it loses SOTY then, there’s high potential it will lose ROTY too. It will be another story if the song doesn’t make it into SOTY but ROTY which it is highly possible it can end up just like Get Lucky, Uptown Funk and Use Somebody.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

It’s a pattern especially this decade when a song wins SOTY will eventually win ROTY too if it gets nominated in both categories. Since SOTY winner will be announced first followed by ROTY so in this upcoming Grammy event, if Blinding Lights wins the former then, it is almost 100% guarantee that it will get the latter. But if it loses SOTY then, there’s high potential it will lose ROTY too. It will be another story if the song doesn’t make it into SOTY but ROTY which it is highly possible it can end up just like Get Lucky, Uptown Funk and Use Somebody.

if he gets snubbed in ROTY and SOTY there is a high chance hell get AOTY. Something that people need to be more weary of is the fact that if the Grammys keep up this idea of sweeping people will care less and less and it will become a night for a person not a night for music so I reckon he has a 90% chance of winning ROTY – definitely deserves- and a 60% of winning SOTY

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

she’s the recording/mastering wiz

To the best of my knowledge she doesn’t do mastering. Sound engineering can be divided into Recording, Mixing and Mastering engineers. Laura Sisk is a recording engineer.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Taylor will underperform cause her fans are expecting her to appear in best engineered, packaging, music video, visual media, and probably even gospel.

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

yes laura sisk records her vocals she is not mastering.

for folklore Randy Merrill did all the mastering stuff

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Taylor will underperform cause her fans are expecting her to appear in best engineered, packaging, music video, visual media, and probably even gospel.

Who is waiting her to appear in gospel ?

The woman won Best Direction at VMAS, a technical category, don’t count her out in MV. For the rest, minus the ones she is not eligible, she could potentially appear.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Who is waiting her to appear in gospel ? The woman won Best Director at VMAS, a technical category, don’t count her out in MV. For the rest, minus the ones she is not eligible, she could potentially appear.

hopefully no one, it was just to make my point

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

She won directing award at vmas because they wanted her to send them a video for their pathetic award show. Honestly vmas means nothing these days don’t hide behind it, i don’t see the man getting even a nomination sorry.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

Whoever has the submissions information, can you please tell about Alison Krauss, High Valley, and Josh Turner first if you see them in there anywhere? Thank you so much in advance.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

BBMAS perfomers to be announced later today.

This event takes places after the first round of voting closes and along with AMAS are the two awards shows,where we could see perfomances of possible Grammy nominees(plus the Country Music Awards).

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

She won directing award at vmas because they wanted her to send them a video for their pathetic award show. Honestly vmas means nothing these days don’t hide behind it, i don’t see the man getting even a nomination sorry.

There is actually a pattern with Best Direction winners and bmv nominees. In the past 10 years, the beastie boys are the only best direction winners not to get a bmv nomination. That’s the sole reason I’m predicting The Man

I do agree with borisy. Swifties expecting her to appear in engineered, packaging bsfvm etc. will be very disappointed on nomination day.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

BBMAS perfomers to be announced later today. This event takes places after the first round of voting closes and along with AMAS are the two awards shows,where we could see perfomances of possible Grammy nominees(plus the Country Music Awards).

Taylor should perform exile or at least debut music video just like she did before. This bitch is testing my patience.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

There is actually a pattern with Best Direction winners and bmv nominees. In the past 10 years, the beastie boys are the only best direction winners not to get a bmv nomination. That’s the sole reason I’m predicting The Man I do agree with borisy. Swifties expecting her to appear in engineered, packaging bsfvm etc. will be very disappointed on nomination day.

True but i still believe because this year it was socially distant, weird, pre-recorded they wanted more viewers and honestly taylor swift, after +10 years into her career, still means more viewers so they just gave it to her. Couldn’t risk giving voty because abel was performing.

Btw is sad day eligible? i honestly want that to win so bad because it might be her only chance sadly…

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

True but i still believe because this year it was socially distant, weird, pre-recorded they wanted more viewers and honestly taylor swift, after +10 years into her career, still means more viewers so they just gave it to her. Couldn’t risk giving voty because abel was performing. Btw is sad day eligible? i honestly want that to win so bad because it might be her only chance sadly…

It’s eligible. Hopefully they make up for last year and give it to her

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.