Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 671 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Trump like tendencies you have, see my reply on the same page. Well, I don’t know if it helps actually, it is a video she made for one of her songs and she seems to enjoyed it. I think it was okay and similar to her older visuals.

You know what would be super trump like of me? If I said the weeknd was exploiting BLM by donating and then denied saying it. LOL could you imagine someone doing something like that? Especially if the sole purpose of that comment was to uplift Taylor Swift.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

does anyone think that gaslighter can sneak into aoty noms and not highwomen. They just performed again on jimmy kimmel show. Chicks been doing lots of socially distant tv performances. Their first album after huge grammy win and long break. Everyone’s darling jack antonoff did all the producing. It has great lyrics and critically acclaimed. Only sad thing is it flopped on charts and sales made no noise at all…

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I was reading about the Latin Grammys on Variety and a huge BTS FYC popup came on lol

they are going all in

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

does anyone think that gaslighter can sneak into aoty noms and not highwomen. They just performed again on jimmy kimmel show. Chicks been doing lots of socially distant tv performances. Their first album after huge grammy win and long break. Everyone’s darling jack antonoff did all the producing. It has great lyrics and critically acclaimed. Only sad thing is it flopped on charts and sales made no noise at all…

I think they have greater chance than The Highwomen, the album is new, still fresh on voter’s mind (hopefully) + Gaslighter (the song) actually gathered some recognitions

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

You know what would be super trump like of me? If I said the weeknd was exploiting BLM by donating and then denied saying it. LOL could you imagine someone doing something like that? Especially if the sole purpose of that comment was to uplift Taylor Swift.

I didn’t want to uplift anyone. A lot of artists donated to the cause, I just said he wants to benefit from it with his Grammy campaign, while his album/project  is not about it, you misunderstood intentionally the whole post and you still bring this up.  I really upload The Weekend and any musician donating for BLM, which is an important issue.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

I think they have greater chance than The Highwomen, the album is new, still fresh on voter’s mind (hopefully) + Gaslighter (the song) actually gathered some recognitions

Hopefully. They are really pushing the second single sleep at night no idea which song they will submit but we’ll see. Gaslighter is better option imo.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

I didn’t want to uplift anyone. A lot of artists donated to the cause, I just said he wants to benefit from it with his Grammy campaign, while his album/project is not about it, you misunderstood intentionally the whole post and you still bring this up. I really upload The Weekend and any musician donating for BLM, which is an important issue.

You word for word said he was exploiting BLM to win. I have no idea why you’re trying to deny this  when it does not take much to find the comment where you once again straight up said he was exploiting BLM to win.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Personally, I feel like neither the Highwomen nor Chicks are happening in the GF.

FYC

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

The Chicks may get into SOTY and that even looks strech now, AOTY is not happening.

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Taylor really messed up by not pushing exile. It could have been an easy nomination.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Harry is on the cover of the HITSDD Grammy preview edition.

“Columbia’s Harry Styles, whose smash Fine Line album has yielded two giant #1 singles in ‘Adore You’ and ‘Watermelon Sugar’, is widely considered among the strongest contenders for major Grammy glory early next year. Harry exudes a charisma that recalls the rock and pop superstars of another era—and he doubtless yearns for a time before we existed.”

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

wow a day before voting start his team knows what they’re doing

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

I doubt The Chicks can happen in AOTY or in the other GFs. Their album really failed to make noise, and it’s not even the most acclaimed Country album of the year. While I understand they are respected veterans, I still don’t see the Grammy’s throwing nominations at them when they didn’t have a groundbreaking year or album. Especially in a year when they’ll want to highlight diversity.

They’ll probably be across the board in country though, not sure yet if it will be a complete sweep. I could see Miranda taking country album honestly.

Same goes for the Highwomen, I’m predicting across the board country (or Americana if they submit there) nominations and none in the GF. Even though I have them 9 for AOTY rn.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Great move, a lot of industry people check HDD. I was worried for King Harry.

So, from Grammy Preview editions

Billboard cover Lady Gaga

Rolling Stone cover The Weeknd

Variety cover BTS

HDD cover Harry Styles

FYC Grammys 2021

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Variety is probably irrelevant. In terms of importance, I think Billboard is #1 and Rolling Stone is #2.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.