Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 671 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Did anyone PM the girl from last year?

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Natalie ? She said she might not be able to all in one day bc of her busy schedule

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

Anyways I don’t know why y’all are arguing over Dua Lipa or Post Malone when Blinding Lights is most likely to win both anyways. They don’t hand out runner up categories so chill out dudes.

Albums of the Year:

After Hours~The Weeknd
    Fetch the Bolt Cutters~Fiona Apple
    RTJ4~Run the Jewels
    What’s Your Pleasure~Jessie Ware
    The Slow Rush~Tame Impala
    Circles~Mac Miller
    folklore~Taylor Swift
    How I Am Feeling Now~Charli XCX
    SAWAYAMA~Rina Sawayama
    The GOAT-Polo G
    Women in Music Volume Part III-HAIM
    Lianne La Havas~Lianne La Havas
    YHLQMDLG~Bad Bunny
    Punisher~Phoebe Bridgers
    The Strokes~The New Abnormal
    græ~Moses Sumney
    2017-2019~A.A.L.
    Ungodly Hour~Chloe x Halle
    ALIAS~Shygirl

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Yes, Natalie said that she’s very busy this week so she might not be able to go through the list tomorrow but that she will try and get most information about main contenders out by the end of the voting period.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

On the other note, I can’t go anywhere without seeing Dua and BTS, they’re going hard af. Was watching the news last night when a Samsung AD with Dynamite as BGM came on lol.

Just so you know BTS are the models/spokesmen for Samsung, The video Samsung has out with just 2 of them (Jin & Jungkook) about The Strange Tailor Shop is just amusing. They are also the front for Fila, Hyundai, Bodyfriend, and multiple other things. Most of the commercials are not seen in the US because some are for products that are only sold in South Korea like Chilsung Cider.
    Personally I would love to get some of the Fila Project 7 stuff but alas not sold in the US that I can find.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

anyways back to talking about predictions and not discussing with stupidity.

here’s my pop preds:

pop solo:
    bl
    circles
    watermelon sugar
    everything i wanted
    don’t start now

i originally posted dsn and cardigan over eiw here but i think i’ll go back to my original pop solo preds and put billie back in. i think cardigan can still get in, if it does then i predict dua getting out.

pop vocal:
    folklore
    fine line
    chromatica
    hollywood’s bleeding
    future nostalgia

i’m guessing after hours submits to progressive but if it goes to pop vocal then i think post or dua would be out, particularly dua.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Where do you all think Brittany Howard will submit her album to? Rock? Alternative? Maybe even Contemporary Blues?

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

On the other note, I can’t go anywhere without seeing Dua and BTS, they’re going hard af. Was watching the news last night when a Samsung AD with Dynamite as BGM came on lol.

BTS are Samsung global ambassadors so yeah lol

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

BTS most aggressive campaign in recent memory

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Where do you all think Brittany Howard will submit her album to? Rock? Alternative? Maybe even Contemporary Blues?

I doubt alternative. Rock or Contemporary Blues are probably better fits.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

Moderators just added BNA for predictions but I can’t add anything. Does anyone have the same problem?

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Moderators just added BNA for predictions but I can’t add anything. Does anyone have the same problem?

It is luckily under construction, at least we will get it in time with the submissions.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Profile picture
    nxddyfs
    Topics:

It is luckily under construction, at least we will get it in time with the submissions.

oh okay! ty!

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

The new interim Recording Academy President and their new Diversity and Inclusion Officer did a roundtable interview with Billboard about how they plan to move forward and diversify the Academy. There was also another article recently by Billboard about how the Academy would like to make a statement in support of Black Lives Matter by voting for black artists so they could dominate this year. This Grammys cycle is going to be dominated by diversity and the political climate, especially heading into the 2020 elections. I really doubt they will award a white artist with AOTY this year given the number of articles that have now been written about the diversity issues within the Academy and in particular, Taylor winning this year.

Anyone who pretends the optics wouldn’t be bad if she won and there wouldn’t be outrage (especially with her previous 2 wins and when voters have the opportunity to award an all-black GF lineup with Abel taking home AOTY, ROTY & SOTY and Meg taking BNA) are playing themselves in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the BRP block Taylor, despite my preference being towards folklore as an album over After Hours.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

The new interim Recording Academy President and their new Diversity and Inclusion Officer did a roundtable interview with Billboard about how they plan to move forward and diversify the Academy. There was also another article recently by Billboard about how the Academy would like to make a statement in support of Black Lives Matter by voting for black artists so they could dominate this year. This Grammys cycle is going to be dominated by diversity and the political climate, especially heading into the 2020 elections. I really doubt they will award a white artist with AOTY this year given the number of articles that have now been written about the diversity issues within the Academy and in particular, Taylor winning this year. Anyone who pretends the optics wouldn’t be bad if she won and there wouldn’t be outrage (especially with her previous 2 wins and when voters have the opportunity to award an all-black GF lineup with Abel taking home AOTY, ROTY & SOTY and Meg taking BNA) are playing themselves in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the BRP block Taylor, despite my preference being towards folklore as an album over After Hours.

If Trump wins, I’m taking Taylor out of AOTY. I don’t see how she can win in that climate, especially without any real hit.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.