Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 671 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

Just so you know BTS are the models/spokesmen for Samsung, The video Samsung has out with just 2 of them (Jin & Jungkook) about The Strange Tailor Shop is just amusing. They are also the front for Fila, Hyundai, Bodyfriend, and multiple other things. Most of the commercials are not seen in the US because some are for products that are only sold in South Korea like Chilsung Cider. Personally I would love to get some of the Fila Project 7 stuff but alas not sold in the US that I can find.

I know they are!! I’m a fan

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Time to cast your BNA predictions.

Doja Cat, Meg, Conan Gray, unsure who else, maybe Lewis Capaldi idk if he is eligible

Profile picture
    altmotif9
    Topics:

BTS most aggressive campaign in recent memory

Who had the most agressive campaign last year? Was it Billie?

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

The new interim Recording Academy President and their new Diversity and Inclusion Officer did a roundtable interview with Billboard about how they plan to move forward and diversify the Academy. There was also another article recently by Billboard about how the Academy would like to make a statement in support of Black Lives Matter by voting for black artists so they could dominate this year. This Grammys cycle is going to be dominated by diversity and the political climate, especially heading into the 2020 elections. I really doubt they will award a white artist with AOTY this year given the number of articles that have now been written about the diversity issues within the Academy and in particular, Taylor winning this year. Anyone who pretends the optics wouldn’t be bad if she won and there wouldn’t be outrage (especially with her previous 2 wins and when voters have the opportunity to award an all-black GF lineup with Abel taking home AOTY, ROTY & SOTY and Meg taking BNA) are playing themselves in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the BRP block Taylor, despite my preference being towards folklore as an album over After Hours.

I understand where they are coming from and there should be more work done nominating black individuals. In 2016 TPAB should’ve won no doubt that was the biggest snub. But this year Folklore deserves so while they should include more POC in nominations they should let the winner come down to the winner

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Anyone who pretends the optics wouldn’t be bad if she won and there wouldn’t be outrage (especially with her previous 2 wins and when voters have the opportunity to award an all-black GF lineup with Abel taking home AOTY, ROTY & SOTY and Meg taking BNA) are playing themselves in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the BRP block Taylor, despite my preference being towards folklore as an album over After Hours.

As much as the forum dislikes to read it, I’m definitely seeing they blocking folklore for Album of the Year, and this is also why I didn’t have her on AOTY until this week (thanks to BB200 thing).

Not only because of the “anti-pop”, “anti-hit” and “album-focused” narrative, but because things aren’t simply aligning for them to give space for yet another Taylor Swift AOTY nod, especially in a chaotic year like this one. Even though she’s not the first one to be taken out of consideration when it comes to diversity – hey Post Malone and Dua -, she’s definitely in this balance as well.

Also, it’s noteworthy that Republic isn’t campaigning or lobbying that much for her, but for The Weeknd instead – and guess who has a better narrative this year? Yeah.

(And also, PLEASE don’t say stupid things like “she was blocked thanks to BLM narrative” – in thesis it’s true, but this is basically agreeing with their anti-Black bias history. It’s wrong in so many levels.)

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Who had the most agressive campaign last year? Was it Billie?

I feel Lil Nas

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

As much as the forum dislikes to read it, I’m defenitely seeing they blocking folklore for Album of the Year, and this is also why I didn’t have her on AOTY until this week (thanks to BB200 thing). Not only because of the “anti-pop”, “anti-hit” and “album-focused” narrative, but because things aren’t simply aligning for them to give a space for yet another Taylor Swift AOTY nod, specially in a chaotic year like this. Even though she’s not the first to be taken out of consideration when it comes to diversity – hey Post Malone and DDua -, she’s definitely in this balance. Also, it’s noteworthy that Republic isn’t campaigning or lobbying that much for her, but for The Weeknd instead – and guess who has a better narrative this year? Yeah. (And also, PLEASE don’t say stupid things like “she was blocked thanks to BLM narrative” – in thesis it’s true, but this is basically agreeing with their anti-Black bias history. It’s wrong in so many levels.)

he definitely has the ability to win but it’s just very complicated cause obviously I think folklore should win but I see it getting blocked. Now, in previous years they have said this and failed to see it through but we will have a much clearer views at nomination time

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

When they give Folklore the divide treatment in the gf and then give it the divide treatment in the pop field and make her sweep in bpva bpsp and bpdg making her the first ever artist to sweep all 3 in a night and Taylor still makes history but doesn’t get as much backlash as she would if she won her third aoty.

In all seriousness the gp interest in this album died after the 2nd week (I’m as angry as everyone else about this BTW). Cardigan tanked and she isn’t pushing a 2nd single. Beginning to get the people saying Folklore will be blocked. </3

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

When they give Folklore the divide treatment in the gf and then give it the divide treatment in the pop field and make her sweep in bpva bpsp and bpdg making her the first ever artist to sweep all 3 in a night and Taylor still makes history but doesn’t get as much backlash as she would if she won 3 aoty.

you see, I see her doing that easier than getting AOTY. There is a chance but if she campaigns super hard she might win on of the GF. N0w BPVA she has a good chance, BPSP unsure, I don’t know

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I don’t care much about AOTY, I just want Taylor to win SOTY. Add BPVA and BPDG, bringing total 3 wins is more than enough for me.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

you see, I see her doing that easier than getting AOTY. There is a chance but if she campaigns super hard she might win on of the GF. N0w BPVA she has a good chance, BPSP unsure, I don’t know

I don’t believe she has any chance in bpsp lol. If she gets into bpdg she could very easily win it

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I’m perfectly fine with Taylor being a BLM sacrificial lamb. A large percentage of her fans are annoying and entitled. Folklore is good but not special. She has a couple of AOTY Grammys. And she’s had three albums compete in four years. Have a seat.

I still don’t see her getting “blocked” from AOTY though.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

ROTY & SOTY is already a done deal to BL (assuming its nom in both).

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’d like for folklore to win BPVA, nothing more than that. I don’t want her going home Grammy-less again, especially when she would have done very well in any other year but this one (totally understandable though, and I’m glad the Academy is at least trying to increase diversity).

Imagine if they do all this for show and they only nominate like 3 POC in AOTY though

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

I would rather her get blocked anyway. It was fun while it lasted.

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.