Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 661 through 671 (of 671 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Who had the most agressive campaign last year? Was it Billie?

imo Billie. her narrative was great, new it girl with “experimental” image and music. all of that to perform a ballad at the ceremony.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Exactly. Taylor got 0 noms with her debut album which was huge. Many #1 country singles but got no nominations. Look how she did with her 2nd album.

By these remarks you could say a similar story for Harry Styles (obviously there are many different factors but you could say that). Regardless I’m feeling he’ll get more noms now because he has had a decent year but still no wins

Profile picture
    blinders
    Topics:

The writing’s been on the wall about an After Hours win even from before folklore dropped.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

I understand all these interviews to project theyre aware of whats happening but BRP been trying to diversify the GF since 2018. Even if they get a wider range of (acclaimed) genres and ethnicities represented, it all comes to the second round of voting who picks the blandest choices in the end.

However if they’re repeating white artists, let it be Fiona who actually brought fresh sounds here.

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

The new interim Recording Academy President and their new Diversity and Inclusion Officer did a roundtable interview with Billboard about how they plan to move forward and diversify the Academy. There was also another article recently by Billboard about how the Academy would like to make a statement in support of Black Lives Matter by voting for black artists so they could dominate this year. This Grammys cycle is going to be dominated by diversity and the political climate, especially heading into the 2020 elections. I really doubt they will award a white artist with AOTY this year given the number of articles that have now been written about the diversity issues within the Academy and in particular, Taylor winning this year. Anyone who pretends the optics wouldn’t be bad if she won and there wouldn’t be outrage (especially with her previous 2 wins and when voters have the opportunity to award an all-black GF lineup with Abel taking home AOTY, ROTY & SOTY and Meg taking BNA) are playing themselves in my opinion. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the BRP block Taylor, despite my preference being towards folklore as an album over After Hours.

Reading this legit made me so pissed that Kendrick delayed his album

If a black artist actually wins next year (which I won’t believe until I see it), they’re not gonna let that happen again until like 2035 nn

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo, Chadwick Boseman
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

quick question, is any of the GF bought before a committee, either the noms or wins.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

She’s a major wildcard this year. She’s secure in only 1 category but theoretically has chance in like 10 (GF, pop, country, BMF, BMV).

Honestly I think that would be kinda fun to see Taylor Swift: The most nominated artist at the Grammys😂 Well there’s some wishful thinking (and this is kinda a joke I don’t believe she’ll get close to that many nods)

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

I’ma Taylor fan but I still feel bad about his upset. TPAB is an amazing album. What should’ve happened though is the bad blood remix should’ve been on the actual album, so that way he could still technically have won album of the year (just as a featured artist)

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

aoty

1. after hours win

2. please excuse me for being talented

3. folklore (blocking her would be way too obvious.)

4. fine line

5. rap album (lil baby?)

6. country slot

7. niche artist

8. niche artist

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

If a black artist actually wins next year (which I won’t believe until I see it), they’re not gonna let that happen again until like 2035 nn

The Grammys can talk about diversity all they want for nominations but it still will be the same white conservative voters. So yeah I’m in the I’ll have to see it to believe it boat.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

BRP blocking folklore in AOTY somehow will spark another conversation on how they try to clear any possible threat for POC winner. Media obviously will cover this issue and we don’t want it diminishes the achievement of POC artist. I think folklore should get in but the award goes to POC (my personal pick is Jaime but I’m okay with After Hours too). But the problem here is how can we ensure voters will choose POC artist over white? BRP have no power in deciding the winner.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Viewing 11 posts - 661 through 671 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.