Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 671 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
Roger Federer
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Bassett
    Topics:

I’m penciling in BTS for BPD/GP for now. This is some next level aggressive campaigning oh my god.

Yeah, at this point. Unless this completely backfires, they’re 100% in

FYC :

Best Actress - Viola Davis
    Best Actor - Delroy Lindo
    Best Supp Actress - Glenn Close
    Best Supp Actor - Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

Dua and Post are most vulnerable if Abel goes pop. Dua’s album is the only contender not to go #1 and Post has had an undeniably excellent chart-run but doesn’t have a real narrative or respect. Taylor is the only real lock. Gaga will get in with name alone. Harry’s album is allegedly one of the 500 best of all time and somehow got compared to Rumors.

Dua is not missing pop, she may not have gone #1 but she and Taylor have the most acclaimed albums of the year for that field. She’s also campaigning hard and has a new single being pushed.

It’s folklore’s to lose, with Future Nostalgia as a potential upset.

It’s Post or Harry who are missing. However, I don’t think The Weeknd will be moved to pop, it’d be such a stupid move, imo.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

Well BTS needed a song to be known as their name was bigger than their product in previous years.

Now they have it but ofc it can backfire if voters still dislike

Chromatica and Fetch the Bolt Cutters AOTYs yeah

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Dynamite is a really bad song, at least the line shining through the city with a little funk and soul is catchy, duh.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 7 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    Soltseven
    Topics:

Directly from the rulebook: NUMBER OF NOMINATIONS The number of nominations in the General Field categories (Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Album Of The Year, and Best New Artist) is eight. The other categories will have five nominations. In the event of a tie in the nominations, there shall be no more than six and no less than three nominations in these categories.

thank you!

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

^^^

I assume this was a recent change in light of the 7 nominees we had for BPDGP in 2019?

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Dua is not missing pop, she may not have gone #1 but she and Taylor have the most acclaimed albums of the year for that field. She’s also campaigning hard and has a new single being pushed. It’s folklore’s to lose, with Future Nostalgia as a potential upset. It’s Post or Harry who are missing. However, I don’t think The Weeknd will be moved to pop, it’d be such a stupid move, imo.

I wish but Harry’s in. He’s got the industry support.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I don’t know if anyone saw this, but
    Brittany Howard tomorow on Colbert and a Bond-themed Fallon with Billie and Finneas on October 5.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

BSWFVM will come down to OTY or NTTD

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

BSWFVM will come down to OTY or NTTD

OTY probably won’t even get nominated so

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    PyrateSilly
    Topics:

Dynamite is a really bad song, at least the line shining through the city with a little funk and soul is catchy, duh.

Dynamite is not a ‘bad’ song. I call it a ‘get an ice cream on a hot day treat’ type of song. Most of their music deals with way heavier topics – Depression, love & hate in various relationships, etc (Black Swan, Shadow, Persona, etc) – so for them to put out a ‘sugar candy’ song that they are laughing and having fun with is a change.

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

OTY probably won’t even get nominated so

what will? I can’t think of anything

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel that Fine Line will win BPVA. Every winner this decade has not only sold well but also had at least one hit that dominated the airwaves. Only two albums meet such criteria: Fine Line and Hollywood’s Bleeding. Chromatica and Future Nostalagia are close but they don’t exactly meet that criteria. Future Nostalagia lacks the sales and Chromatica has a hit, but not that big.

If Folklore wins the category, it’ll be the first album to do so without a hit, at least in recent memory.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

It will be between Billie and Cynthia visual media imo

And I hope Cynthia wins, cause that song is amazing.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I’m starting to feel that Fine Line will win BPVA. Every winner this decade has not only sold well but also had at least one hit that dominated the airwaves. Only two albums meet such criteria: Fine Line and Hollywood’s Bleeding. Chromatica and Future Nostalagia are close but they don’t exactly meet that criteria. Future Nostalagia lacks the sales and Chromatica has a hit, but not that big. If Folklore wins the category, it’ll be the first album to do so without a hit, at least in recent memory.

it has a #1 and another 2 top 10, it will be more than enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 671 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 48)’ is closed to new replies.