Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 49)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 49)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Miss Americana
grandeswiftkn..
  • Profile picture
    Jasmin
    Topics:

You sream and protest racism and discrimination but at the same time you want a white woman to be snubbed and that all GF winners are black. You know that snubbing someone just so we have a black winner is equally wrong. BLM doesn’t mean that everything has to be black, that would be racist to white people and stop with this nonsense and talk about music not politics for fuck’s sake.

You can’t be racist to white people because reverse racism doesn’t exist.

Profile picture
    AuxPlayer
    Topics:

Racism against white people isn’t real. It would bias or discrimination towards them. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS OLD MAN!

But I do agree that black and poc should win based on merit. I understood the decision for Lizzo to lose to Billie even though they were both strong contenders in the GF.

I will say, though, that the categorization of black artists’ music is biased. Tyler and Lizzo did not make a rap and an “urban contemporary” album respectively. They were mostly neo-soul (better suited for pop).

Idk why but I’ve always thought someone should look at the final decisions for winners and see “hmm does Macklemore and Ryan Lewis really deserve to win in EVERY category against Kendrick Lamar?”

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, Folklore is NOT even the best album eligible this Grammy cycle.  If any white woman deserves to win Album of the Year, it should be Fiona Apple (BARF!).  She has the better album and the better reviews (posters swear Metacritic is the end-all-be-all).

There are a lot of racist white people on this forum who do NOT get it.  You want to talk about unfair.  Let’s discuss the many, many, many times that deserving black artists lost Album of the Year to white people like Beck and Taylor Swift.

We did NOT need 4/4 white General Field winners all those times.  That was very underserving.  Tons of black artists released amazing work this Grammy cycle and would be worthy winners in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist.  And no, BLM would NOT be the reason why black artists deserve to win all 4 General Field categories.  I’m sick and tired of that argument.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Honey, Folklore is NOT even the best album eligible this Grammy cycle. If any white woman deserves to win Album of the Year, it should be Fiona Apple (BARF!). She has the better album and the better reviews (posters swear Metacritic is the end-all-be-all). There are a lot of racist white people on this forum who do NOT get it. You want to talk about unfair. Let’s discuss the many, many, many times that deserving black artists lost Album of the Year to white people like Beck and Taylor Swift. We did NOT need 4/4 white General Field winners all those times. That was very underserving. Tons of black artists released amazing work this Grammy cycle and would be worthy winners in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. And no, BLM would NOT be the reason why black artists deserve to win all 4 General Field categories. I’m sick and tired of that argument.

Saying that only Fiona of white people deserve AOTY is exaggeration. There are a lot of artists, white and  black artists that delivered amazing albums this year, lets not get carried away.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

You can’t be racist to white people because reverse racism doesn’t exist.

I don’t know what definition of racism used in Amurica but here in Asia, you are indeed racist if you hate, looking down or prejudice to any race. To my understanding, even black people can be racist, there’s no exception regardless your background.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

There is racism, there is white supremacy in USA, but this is the Grammys awards, not the presidential elections that take place in November.  Grammys have honoured POC the last years in GF, with This is America winning SOTY/ROTY  and 2018 AOTY line up having only Lorde inside. Some people are overdoing it with the Grammys are racist, they were, but as you can see, things are shifting.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Highly acclaimed by all critics with 88/100 metascore

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

I agree. also as ive said unless it comes down to 5 vote difference the winner should be the most voted

What? The winner of each category IS the one who gets the most votes, whether it is by 1 vote, 6 votes, 290 votes, if you have the most votes, you should and do, win. smh

Profile picture
    Pop Fan
    Topics:

Honey, Folklore is NOT even the best album eligible this Grammy cycle. If any white woman deserves to win Album of the Year, it should be Fiona Apple (BARF!). She has the better album and the better reviews (posters swear Metacritic is the end-all-be-all). There are a lot of racist white people on this forum who do NOT get it. You want to talk about unfair. Let’s discuss the many, many, many times that deserving black artists lost Album of the Year to white people like Beck and Taylor Swift. We did NOT need 4/4 white General Field winners all those times. That was very underserving. Tons of black artists released amazing work this Grammy cycle and would be worthy winners in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist. And no, BLM would NOT be the reason why black artists deserve to win all 4 General Field categories. I’m sick and tired of that argument.

I am not saying black people don’t deserve to win in THE GF this year. I just think it’s wrong to say that black artists deserve to go 4/4. A lot of white artists deserve it too. Just say who do you want as an individual to win in evety category not the stupid “black artists will/should go 4/4 because of the racial climate in US”. We can spread the wealth among different races. Like I said Megan and The Weeknd should and will win but we do NOT need 4/4 black winners. If they win 3/4 it’s perfectly okay. But the truth is that Taylor has the most going on for AOTY and you keep saying she will/should be snubbed because she’s white and would probably beat The Weeknd. That is WRONG. Tons of white artists also delivered and would be worthy winners in AOTY, SOTY, ROTY and BNA.

Profile picture
    Pop Fan
    Topics:

Okay this is for everyone especially Gucci. Can we stop with those stupid arguments Black artists deserve to sweep becuase they’ve been “snubbed” before and actually start to argument why someone should win a category based on the songs/albums they released THIS year. The Weeknd winning AOTY has nothing to do with Lemonade or TPAB.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Reducing black artists to BLM and speaking of them as if they were monolith is nothing new.

In my eyes, After Hours is deserving of AOTY regardless of all of that. But I’ve said all this already. It’s got great sales, great reviews, great concept, great videos, the biggest hit of the year, radio dominance, two number one songs, another 300m+ streams single, it’s the best record he’s put out since his debut mixtape, and just a beautifully cinematic and cohesive album that’s sequenced perfectly.

It’s also a much more accessible pop album than the previous nominees it keeps getting compared to, which we shouldn’t forget.

It could still win, even if Folklore isn’t blocked. Many seem to have arrived at the conclusion that it’s either a) it gets blocked or b) it wins, but there’s also c) it’s nominated and doesn’t win.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Reducing black artists to BLM and speaking of them as if they were monolith is nothing new. In my eyes, After Hours is deserving of AOTY regardless of all of that. But I’ve said all this already. It’s got great sales, great reviews, great concept, great videos, the biggest hit of the year, radio dominance, two number one songs, another 300m+ streams single, it’s the best record he’s put out since his debut mixtape, and just a beautifully cinematic and cohesive album that’s sequenced perfectly. It’s also a much more accessible pop album than the previous nominees it keeps getting compared to, which we shouldn’t forget. It could still win, even if Folklore isn’t blocked. Many seem to have arrived at the conclusion that it’s either a) it gets blocked or b) it wins, but there’s also c) it’s nominated and doesn’t win.

Basically this but I don’t know why some people so desperate wishing folklore to get blocked. We love a healthy competition.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

What? The winner of each category IS the one who gets the most votes, whether it is by 1 vote, 6 votes, 290 votes, if you have the most votes, you should and do, win. smh

no because people are saying it should be blocked, I don’t know if they are referring to noms or wins.

Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

Like I said Megan and The Weeknd should and will win but we do NOT need 4/4 black winners.

This is getting weird. If you have problem with 4/4 being black and want atleast one of them to be white, you are racist. You can simply say I don’t think pov artists should not be awarded just because BLM rather than quality.But this is weird. Did you have problem last year billie winning 4/4? I don’t think you said “we don’t need 4/4 white winners”

Profile picture
    altmotif9
    Topics:

I’m not surprised if Billboard implement new rules in the future, limiting a few versions of song since some artists start ‘abusing’ it.

If they wanted to implement new rules, they would have done it in the past already because of OTR or some other songs. Even if there is a change in rules I doubt it will be anything significant because it’s not the same as bundles, it’s just selling music and they are not the first to have website sales either. It seems the issue is not that there is remixes but that people are buying them more.

Besides the song is stable in top20 on Spotify, there have been worse #1s.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

If they wanted to implement new rules, they would have done it in the past already because of OTR or some other songs. Even if there is a change in rules I doubt it will be anything significant because it’s not the same as bundles, it’s just selling music and they are not the first to have website sales either. It seems the issue is not that there is remixes but that people are buying them more. Besides the song is stable in top20 on Spotify, there have been worse #1s.

How many versions of OTR have been officially released? I’ve never seen artists releasing as excessive as Dynamite iirc.

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Rich Brian - 1999

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 49)’ is closed to new replies.