Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 50)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,386 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
jellythe3rd
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Boz, I saw no mention of Blinding Lights being submitted to SOTY. Did you forget it, was it not submitted or can I just not read?

He is credited as Abel Tesfayw. Thats probably why she missed it.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Prayer circles for Taylor and Fiona…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

WAP and Savage both can be nominated, since they have different lead artists (?)

but they would split votes

No they can’t both be nominated, if it was Melodic Rap, it’d be a different story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Harry’s submissions are perfect! Thank you, Columbia.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

I feel like WAP never stood a chance anyway. Megan will be nominated regardless and is still favored to win.

WAP definitely stood a chance in Rap Performance. It’s a mega smash and Cardi is a 3x nominee in that category…

However, now that I’m seeing both are submitted I think Savage gets in Performance and WAP in Song.

Before people start laughing at the idea of WAP being nominated in a songwriting category:
    1. The reality is WAP does have better /more clever lyrics than Savage.
    2. WAP has significantly less songwriters.
    3. Anaconda, a song in the exact same vain of WAP, was submitted to both Performance & Song but only got nominated in Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

WAP and Savage both can be nominated, since they have different lead artists (?) but they would split votes

Like Boz mentioned, only one can be nominated, but the bigger one out of the nomination debacle will be the one who wins. Personally while I like the Savage REMIX more, I think WAP would be a fitting winner because Cardi would be nominated 4 times and no wins as well as they would be the first female winners in this category.

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Stupid move on Megan’s part. Rap Performance only allows one nomination per artist. She could’ve gotten 3 nominations in Rap had she submitted Savage to RMP.

why would they submit both songs in the same category… they can’t be that dumb

The review committee determines where a song/album is placed AFTER it was submitted. Maybe one of those songs was submitted in Melodic and the committee placed it in Rap Perf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

The way I’m still pissed off at Phoebe Bridgers submitting Kyoto in the GF instead of I Know The End. She had a small chance of getting nommed before in GF, but now it’s like zero.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

The way I’m still pissed off at Phoebe Bridgers submitting Kyoto in the GF instead of I Know The End. She had a small chance of getting nommed before in GF, but now it’s like zero.

Let’s hope she still gets an AltAlb, EngAlb, and Video nomination. I love “Kyoto” but I’ve had to explain to many Japanese people that don’t speak perfect english that the song isn’t about Kyoto being lame, which makes me feel awkward about it publicly…

Gold Derby Music Awards FYC:

Big Thief—
    Artist of the Year
    Best Rock/Alternative Artist
    Record of the Year
    Song of the Year

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

Lowkey sad Watermelon Sugar was not submitted to ROTY. It was bigger and I preferred it :(((

If you are in the US, vote! It’s important if live in the following swing states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Ohio, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Am I the only one that thinks Adore You should’ve been submitted to SOTY and WS for ROTY

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Am I the only one that thinks Adore You should’ve been submitted to SOTY and WS for ROTY

Nah, I think that would’ve been better as well.

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BYEDON2020
    Topics:

me lol. I feel like while Harry would never have won ROTY, he had a better chance with Watermelon Sugar. Although Adore You was the smart SOTY choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

I get why columbia would want the same song in SOTY and ROTY and WS wouldn’t have made it in SOTY but I don’t that’s a full gamble it might not get in both or get in both , submitting WS to ROTY gave him a better chance at getting at least one

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

I think Adore You has better lyrics and better production than Watermelon Sugar which is why I’m good with it (especially because Watermelon Sugar will get its shot in BPSP).

There’s no guarantee he’ll get in, but the submissions are perfect.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 1,386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.