Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 50)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 50)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,386 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
DAVEJ82470547
Jellyᴮᴱ
Miss Americana
  • Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

If she wants to get a grammy nomination she should take singing lessons

No need to be rude. LYTLM is stunning and has done really well, hitting #1 for a week, doing well on radio and crossing half a billion streams. I’d not be surprised at all to see it slip into SOTY, even if I’m not predicting it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I would not be shocked to see selena appearing in SOTY, but that song feels like it was released 3 years ago

2020 is wild

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Distant Dreamer
    Topics:

I don’t get the Selena hate, she isn’t the most talented singer but that performance was the fault of multiple things, I saw a vid from the actual performance from an audience member and she was actually quite good

I agree, and to piggy back, even though the album was met with fairly lukewarm reaction and was DOA- Lose You To Love Me was praised by most publications/critics and was a clear hit. Her team is smart for putting her eggs into the one basket she has.

If I remember correctly there were rumors of her releasing another album later this year too. If so, any buzz could assist her nomination chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

No need to be rude. LYTLM is stunning and has done really well, hitting #1 for a week, doing well on radio and crossing half a billion streams. I’d not be surprised at all to see it slip into SOTY, even if I’m not predicting it.

I do like LYTLM but I’m hardly gonna be disappointed if actual vocalists get in over it.

I guess I could see it pull a surprise nom? IDK the song feels too forgotten

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    altmotif9
    Topics:

I don’t get the Selena hate, she isn’t the most talented singer but that performance was the fault of multiple things, I saw a vid from the actual performance from an audience member and she was actually quite good

No hate really, I don’t even think the performance was that big of a deal, but that compilation video of her going to buy her own album and begging for streams/sales gave me more second hand embarrassment than any performance ”mishap”. She loves to push the narrative about ”personal” and ”vulnerable” a little too much when it comes to her music when the reality falls flat, that’s the only thing for me really.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Didn’t Roddy have both his submissions in Melodic Rap though?

You’re right, I just saw it.
    Weird, I thought The Box would fit more for Rap Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

That rule about an artist not getting multiple nominations for Rap Performance (and other categories) is so dumb. So either Cardi or Beyoncé will be punished for Megan’s submission?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Harry’s submissions are perfect (it reminds me Adele’s submissions in 2011)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

woke up to the new that Savage Remix was submitted in Rap Performance. I am so happy that even if Megan loses BNA because of racism, she’s still going to win something.

WAP is a great song, but Savage is clearly getting in. even if Beyoncé has already won 24 times, it seems like the Academy wants her to surpass Alison Krauss and eventually become the most awarded artist, or at least just hit 30 wins.

I am also very happy that The Box will now have no competition at Melodic Rap. Good for Roddy!

FYC: Everyone black & Fiona Apple

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

Harry’s submissions are perfect (it reminds me Adele’s submissions in 2011)

same label

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Not everyone in the industry is a good singer, but at least they have something to make this up from vision in their work, songwriting skills, performance skills, Selena is like throw it all there, call the songwriting camp and lets write an album.

FYC Grammys 2021

Folklore, best-selling album of 2020, 8 weeks #1 on BB200

Nominated for Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album

Cardigan, #1 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Song Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance

Exile, top10 hit single off Folklore

Nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

These came from a weeknd chart account (ChartsTheWeeknd) which seems to usually be accurate:

After Hours:
    • Album of the Year
    • Best Progressive R&B Album
    • Best Engineered Album

Blinding Lights:
    • Record of the Year
    • Song of the Year
    • Best Pop Solo Performance
    • Best Music Video

Heartless:
    • Best R&B Song
    • Best R&B Performance

In Your Eyes (feat. Doja Cat):
    • Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Smile:
    • Best Melodic Rap Performance

Over Now:
    • Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

In other news BPVA will be Gaga Taylor Dua Post Harry unless something insane happens

! The claim in this post is disputed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

It doesn’t say that though. And the rule is definitely new for this year; Pharrrll got double Pop Duo nods not so long ago.

No, it is not a new rule (if if were, it would be listed as one of the changes in the section RULE UPDATES FOR 63RD GRAMMY AWARDS here: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/rules-guidelines). It was already mentioned a couple of years ago in this forum along with – I think – talking about eligibility of tracks from albums entered during previous year and submissions from one artist per category 😉

Just because we have not seen the rulebook before, does not mean some of the rules are new. NARAS specifically showed us the rules that changed for the current year in the chart from the link mentioned above.

And Pharrell got double noms as a featured artist, not as a main artist. But yeah, I must admit as a legislative officer that it is not stated the direct/right way, but just looking at the rule C you can actually figure it out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Megan’s label are idiots for submitting Savage to Rap Performance. They should’ve known she already had WAP as a contender there.

I can see the scenario where WAP gets Rap Performance while Savage gets ROTY.

where’s the rest of her submissions?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

No hate really, I don’t even think the performance was that big of a deal, but that compilation video of her going to buy her own album and begging for streams/sales gave me more second hand embarrassment than any performance ”mishap”. She loves to push the narrative about ”personal” and ”vulnerable” a little too much when it comes to her music when the reality falls flat, that’s the only thing for me really.

The only one complaining about her goint to Target buying her albums (which many artist like Taylor and Beyonce did in the past) is mostly Beliebers

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.