Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 52)

2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 52)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 826 through 838 (of 838 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
Jellyᴮᴱ
Breathe
  • Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

And does anyone know if The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show is eligible to Traditional Pop Album?

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

And does anyone know if The Kacey Musgraves Christmas Show is eligible to Traditional Pop Album?

Eligible, yes, submitted I don’t know

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Do you guys know where The Highwomen submitted their album? Is Gaslighter vulnerable to win Country Album?

The Highwomen submitted in Country, but I don’t think they can beat 4-time winners The Chicks. Since Natalie joined the group and they started competing at the Grammys, they have yet to lose.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    TiffLore
    Topics:

Um there’s been loads of occasions where the biggest hit doesn’t win bpdg. It happens more often then not tbh. And it may get a nom, but stans having money to waste does not make anyone entitled to a grammy. ROM wasn’t #1 for 4 weeks. It’s had a chartrun that’s reflective of its popularity. Dynamite hasn’t. If there’s one thing this year has shown, it’s that stans know how to get their favs to #1. That’s all good but don’t take it as meaning a song is necessarily the biggest. Memories is the biggest song of the bpdg contenders but Dynamite has had the best chart run. To wrap this up, One Direction had LOADS of hits. They never got a grammy nom and I dont get this idea that BTS are entitled to one because they have a cultlike fanbase. I still think they’ll get in but anyways

it doesn’t have to win, lol. Not really expecting it to, but to not get a nomination..? That would be straight up bullshit.

and let’s stop with the One Direction comparisons. They were a white boyband with no #1 hit. Bts are Korean artists with critically acclaimed album (82, versus 1D’s highest rated album at 68) and a multi-week #1 song. It’s not a good comparison, just because they were boybands doesn’t mean that they have too many similarities.

and damn, i can’t believe i’m here calling for Bts of all people, lol. I personally would love to see a nonblack POC, Koreans, to get a Grammy nod. And i’m not a fan of the attitude people have over the group, lol.

Anyways, i’m rooting for my favs and i know they’ll be getting their deserved nods, i just don’t see the need to discredit this obviously successful song.

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

Do you guys know where The Highwomen submitted their album?

Is Gaslighter vulnerable to win Country Album?

Gaslighter was never competitive to win Country Album. It’s between The Highwomen and Luke Combs.

Profile picture
    darren
    Topics:

The Highwomen submitted in Country, but I don’t think they can beat 4-time winners The Chicks. Since Natalie joined the group and they started competing at the Grammys, they have yet to lose.

Their last win was literally a decade and a half ago.

Their prior wins were for blockbuster albums and a hit album released on the heels of their exile from country radio. They’ve got nothing going for them this time around.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

it doesn’t have to win, lol. Not really expecting it to, but to not get a nomination..? That would be straight up bullshit. and let’s stop with the One Direction comparisons. They were a white boyband with no #1 hit. Bts are Korean artists with critically acclaimed album (82, versus 1D’s highest rated album at 68) and a multi-week #1 song. It’s not a good comparison, just because they were boybands doesn’t mean that they have too many similarities. and damn, i can’t believe i’m here calling for Bts of all people, lol. I personally would love to see a nonblack POC, Koreans, to get a Grammy nod. And i’m not a fan of the attitude people have over the group, lol. Anyways, i’m rooting for my favs and i know they’ll be getting their deserved nods, i just don’t see the need to discredit this obviously successful song.

You realize your post history, which is all BTS related, is public and that pretending you aren’t a BTS fan is stupid?

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Eligible, yes, submitted I don’t know

Thanks. I hope she submitted, although I have no idea if she can win if nominated since I don’t know the competition for next year

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

The two alt albums will be Fiona / Brittany imo. I’ll be very surprised if Tame Impala makes it.

Profile picture
    Breathe
    Topics:

Gaslighter was never competitive to win Country Album. It’s between The Highwomen and Luke Combs.

It makes sense, he won AOTY at the ACM despite losing EOTY and he will probably repeat in AOTY at the CMAs.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I can’t tell if you’re serious so let’s break this down. Chromatica has a 79 on metacritic, the best score of her career. So there’s no indication the industry dislikes it. Beyond that, grammys love gaga. She has a fantastic history. I see 0 reason why saying the grammys will like the most acclaimed album by an artist they like is a bad statement. Cardigan is tanking on the charts. Using your logic, surely the voters hate the song?

The 79 metascore is not even in top100 most acclaimed albums of 2020, we have a lot albums with 80+ this year. Getting a 79 in 2020 is like getting a 74  some years ago. I won’t argue about folklore and cardigan,  because I know you biased towards the artist.

Profile picture
    TiffLore
    Topics:

You realize your post history, which is all BTS related, is public and that pretending you aren’t a BTS fan is stupid?

I’ve lived a sizable portion of my life in Korea, thus i have a heightened interest in Korean artists who might get nods this year – Bts and Blackpink. Not a fan of either of the groups, but familiar with them (again, lived there) and interested to see what the reception will be this year. Not sure why i have to be a fan to care, i’m not a fan of Gaga, but i’d also be baffled to see someone claim she has no chance of getting a Duo/Group nom. It’s bullshit, lol. Same for Bts.

I’m on this forum for the artist i’ve stanned for ages – Abel and i have yet to come across anyone disregarding him, i think everyone’s on board with what’s going to happen and i have no issues with that. Also here for CxH and again, i have yet to see  overwhelming negativity directed towards them.

Anyways, yall can do as you please. All i’m saying is that Dynamite, along with ROM, is an obvious contender for BPDG and it’s stupid to not acknowledge that. Do with that what you will

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

The 79 metascore is not even in top100 most acclaimed albums of 2020, we have a lot albums with 80+ this year. Getting a 79 in 2020 is like getting a 74 some years ago. I won’t argue about folklore and cardigan, because I know you biased towards the artist.

It’s #1 for Gaga. So yeah, if this is Gaga’s highest rated album and the grammys like Gaga there’s ZERO indication that they won’t like this album. I don’t like Gaga and I’ve said several times she doesn’t deserve a nomination for Chromatica but you’re acting purposefully dumb here.

Your logic was that Gagas poor album sales mean the voters don’t like her album. If we’re using that Cardigans poor sales mean the voters don’t like the song. Of course, that’s not at all true.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Viewing 13 posts - 826 through 838 (of 838 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Predictions (Part 52)’ is closed to new replies.