Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 492 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
"How You Doin'"
grandeswiftkn..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

People underestimate The Bigger Picture here. Lil Baby has the most successful album of 2020 but he will miss AOTY so nomination for both ROTY/ROTY will be his consolation prize.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Roger Federer
    Topics:

That’s What I Like,” “Shake It Off,” “Poker Face,” “You Belong With Me,” “Formation,” “Despacito,” and “Fallin

You belong with me is well written song. You don’t know how to appreciate good lyrics.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I’m not sold on “Shameika” in either category

IF Fiona appears in the GF it’ll be for AOTY IMO. I don’t think any individual song from FTBC made enough impact or noise to make it into ROTY/SOTY. Even as a random WTF nominee.

The album as a whole received acclaim. So IF the BRP decide to finally recognize her it would be for the entire body of work.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Get real! “Circles” is NOT happening in Song of the Year.

The only songs that will get in both Record of the Year and Song of the Year are:
    “Blinding Lights”
    “Don’t Start Now”

Possible: “I Can’t Breathe” “Lockdown”

“Circles” definitely gives me “the big hit that got snubbed vibes”. It happens every year. Someone has to get omitted.

And can I be honest? I prefer “Lockdown” over ICB & TBP. Anderson is on the cusp of getting in the GF (outside of his BNA nod). It’s the type of record that relates all of 2020’s atrocities into 1 song. Which may feel more universal to the BRP.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

IF Fiona appears in the GF it’ll be for AOTY IMO. I don’t think any individual song from FTBC made enough impact or noise to make it into ROTY/SOTY. Even as a random WTF nominee.

The album as a whole received acclaim. So IF the BRP decide to finally recognize her it would be for the entire body of work.

Neither that random Hey Ma song last year and it got a ROTY nomination

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Random but who do all think will get the Khalid/Hozier/Lewis Capaldi treatment this year?

Don’t see anybody repeating this scenario this year honestly. The closer one will be Doja Cat though, she’ll be in BNA, ROTY and nothing else.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Which (and how many) songs do you think will repeat in both categories?

Blinding Lights
    Circles
    I Can’t Breathe

Adore You and Don’t Start Now could also happen in both (currently predicting them in ROTY only). Also, not buying Shameika in any GF category tbh. Not even sure if Fiona will be in any category other than AOTY, Alternative Album and Engineering.

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I think the repeats will be Blinding Lights, Don’t Start Now, I Can’t Breathe, and The Bones. My prediction for Shameika is the opposite of most people: ROTY instead of SOTY, since it’s most well known for its production value.

As someone else said, H.E.R is basically locked for double noms again. Lil Baby’s only getting in if they think there’s room for two protest songs in SOTY.

Fuck the Grammys

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

What did Run The Jewels submit to ROTY and SOTY? Curveballs happen all the time, and they would definitely the definition of one. Their album credits are posted on @recordingacademy IG.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

What did Run The Jewels submit to ROTY and SOTY? Curveballs happen all the time, and they would definitely the definition of one. Their album credits are posted on @recordingacademy IG.

Walking in the snow

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

Hmmm…. should we expect “Rain on Me” or “Lockdown” (that’s actually more relatable) on the GF given the Covid and togetherness context?

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Hmmm…. should we expect “Rain on Me” or “Lockdown” (that’s actually more relatable) on the GF given the Covid and togetherness context?

I assume none of them

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

The issue is that this goes both ways. Songs that resonate with that would be mellower, more melancholic songs. On the flip side, you have the upbeat distraction songs. Some voters might feel more somber and vote for slower more chill things (Punisher, folklore etc.)  because they fit better tonally while some voters could go the opposite direction and vote for the upbeat more escapist things (Chromatica, Future Nostalgia). I don’t think that Tweet tells us anything we didn’t already know.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    "How You Doin'"
    Topics:

Honey, “Lockdown” can happen in the General Field.  However, “Rain On Me” is NOT happening in the General Field.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Honey, “Lockdown” can happen in the General Field. However, “Rain On Me” is HAPPENING in the General Field.

Spill

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 492 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.