Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 492 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
How U Doin'
grandeswiftkn..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

gaga’s only nom next year will be for best pop group/duo performance. Rom is not getting an SOTY or ROTY nom.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Natalie Nicole is on Twitter, answering a ton of Grammy questions. She’s very informative.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I think H.E.R. has a big opportunity tonight to impress the Blue Ribbon Panel. I think if she performs “I Can’t Breathe” as one of her 2 songs on SNL, it will make for a powerful television moment and might make H.E.R. the frontrunner for Song of the Year and competitive for Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I imagine “I Can’t Breathe” and “Damage” (her new single) are the two songs H.E.R. will perform. Imagine if H.E.R. finally wins a GF category after everyone complained about her just being a “committee pick.” It’s not likely because of “Blinding Lights,” but it would be quite hilarious.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

gaga’s only nom next year will be for best pop group/duo performance. Rom is not getting an SOTY or ROTY nom.

She’s pretty much a name check for Pop Album. I also wouldn’t count ROM out of the general field just yet.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

Assuming BRP is meeting some time in the following week, which artists would benefit the most? For now, I’m thinking of H.E.R.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

I imagine “I Can’t Breathe” and “Damage” (her new single) are the two songs H.E.R. will perform. Imagine if H.E.R. finally wins a GF category after everyone complained about her just being a “committee pick.” It’s not likely because of “Blinding Lights,” but it would be quite hilarious.

No shade but “I Can’t Breathe” would make a much better SOTY winner than BL. If voters want to reward a song that represents the year & actually has substantial lyrical content, H.E.R. could benefit from that. Sis better bring it tonight!

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, unless H.E.R. scores a top 10 hit, she will NOT ever win Record of the Year and/or Song of the Year.  The Grammys are too commercial.  In the last 10 years, Record of the Year and Song of the Year winners have been hits.  All SNL will do is get H.E.R. the nomination a la “Chasing Pavements.”

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Random but who do all think will get the Khalid/Hozier/Lewis Capaldi treatment this year?

Only a SOTY or ROTY nomination and nothing else like it happened with Take me to church, Talk and Someone you loved

I have Adore You and I Can’t Breathe in ROTY, and Walking in the Snow, If The World Was Ending, and I Can’t Breathe in SOTY.

I think the R&B Field will recognize H.E.R with one of her (many) collabs.

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, I forgot to add… H.E.R. is a committee pick as evidenced by losing all of her nominations last time.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/natalienicole/status/1319814093037973504?s=21
    ‘Upbeat songs could appeal to voters’
    I’m gonna get dragged for this but if BTS make top 20, they’ll get carried into ROTY by the committee. I think I’m gonna put Dynamite in ROTY for now at least.

FYC
    AOTY: After Hours, Fetch The Boltcutters, Folklore, Future Nostalgia, K Bye For Now, Magdalene, Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial, Punisher

Profile picture
    jellythe3rd
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/natalienicole/status/1319814093037973504?s=21
    ‘Upbeat songs could appeal to voters’
    I’m gonna get dragged for this but if BTS make top 20, they’ll get carried into ROTY by the committee. I think I’m gonna put Dynamite in ROTY for now at least.

Natalie actually said BTS have a decent shot at making it to top 20 this year although I don’t think she specified which category.

I’m trying to find the tweet and if I do, I’ll link it here.

https://twitter.com/NatalieNicole/status/1319822476818313216

This is one grammy voter that’s saying they are stronger this year than last. They shouldn’t be underestimated especially with grammy’s potentially wanting to reach a younger audience and diversifying themselves.

And this might not count for much but they have 8 votes guaranteed (them 7 plus their producer). They are voting members of the academy.

Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Get real!  BTS’ “Dynamite” is NOT happening in Record of the Year.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/natalienicole/status/1319814093037973504?s=21 ‘Upbeat songs could appeal to voters’ I’m gonna get dragged for this but if BTS make top 20, they’ll get carried into ROTY by the committee. I think I’m gonna put Dynamite in ROTY for now at least.

Could you explain this? I really have a hard time seeing the committee putting them in since the song just isn’t very liked at all. They could get in BPDGP just from the any amount of ARMY’s voting but I can’t see them doing well with committees, unless the BRP solely wants them in to appease their fans.

FYC:

folklore: AOTY, BPVA
    cardigan: SOTY
    exile: BPDGP

Don't Start Now: ROTY, BPSP

Ungodly Hour: BPR&BA
    Do It: BR&BS
    Wonder What She Thinks Of Me: BTR&BP

Phoebe Bridgers: BNA
    Punisher: Alt. A
    Kyoto: BRS, BRP

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

if BTS makes it into the GF with a song like dynamite I‘m out

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 492 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.