Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 481 through 492 (of 492 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
DaBaby
grandeswiftkn..
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

Honey, the lyrics below are NOT profound. Any 15-year-old can write this bullshit. Lyrical masterpiece, my ass! BARF!

Anyways😴

Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Just click the ignore button on Gucci, that’s what I did

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

This threads kinda dead so let’s bring it back.

SOTY:

1. Blinding Lights-The Weeknd (Lyrics are kinda weak but I don’t really need to expand on this. We all know it’s getting into both categories and probably winning both too)
    2. I Can’t Breathe-H.E.R. (They love H.E.R and she’s made every single gf category for the past 2 year. The spoken word alone solidifies this nom)
    3. Cardigan-Taylor Swift (I can’t see them not giving Taylor a song of the year nomination for her songwriting album. If Lover got in, Cardigan should have no problems.)
    4. The Bigger Picture-Lil Baby (Biggest hit about BLM. I can’t see them snubbing it but Lil Baby doesn’t have much of a history to go off of.)
    5. Circles-Post Malone (It’s one of the biggest songs ever. Lyrics aren’t particularly strong but Post Malone consistently gets gf noms.)
    6. The Bones-Maren Morris (It’s the biggest crossover hit of the year. The message of it is pretty nice too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets snubbed considering how Maren tanked nominations last year though.)
    7. Everything I Wanted-Billie Eilish (The lyrics of this song are fantastic and really elevate it. Given that Billie JUST swept, she may get blocked this year. Not too confident on this one)
    8. If the World was Ending-Julia Micheals and J.P. Saxe (This prediction is based mostly off of gut instinct. Also though, lots of celebs were singing to this during the beginning of the pandemic. Plus, Julia somehow got in with Issues so she could repeat history)

ROTY:

1. Blinding Lights-The Weeknd (I refuse to expand on why this is getting nominated)
    2. Don’t Start Now-Dua Lipa (Biggest hit by a woman this year and it’s the breakup anthem of the year. Pretty acclaimed too. I can’t see it getting snubbed)
    3. Circles-Post Malone (Kind of the same reasons as SOTY lol)
    4. I Can’t Breathe-H.E.R. (same reasons as SOTY)
    5. The Box Roddy Ricch (The ee-er noises defined the start of this year. It had a lot of impact. I do feel like it’s mostly forgotten now. It could miss for that reason)
    6. The Bigger Picture-Lil Baby (I get less confident on this making ROTY everyday. Also same reasons as SOTY)
    7. Savage-Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyoncé (Megans in the news a lot and she’s got Beyoncé on this. Pretty big hit too. Say So may take its spot though)
    8. Adore You-Harry Styles (I could see this taking ITWWE or Billies spot in SOTY as well. It was a massive radio hit and apparently has been charting for the entire year. Harry doesn’t have a grammy history and this wasn’t nearly as big as some other songs this year though)

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Michael Myers
    Topics:

November Predictions

Record Of The Year

1. Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
    2. Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
    3. Circles – Post Malone
    4. I Can’t Breathe – H.E.R
    5. Shameika – Fiona Apple
    6. Savage (Remix) – Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyoncé
    7. Rockstar – Dababy feat. Roddy Ricch
    8. Say So – Doja Cat

Song Of The Year 

1. Blinding Lights – The Weeknd
    2. Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
    3. Cardigan – Taylor Swift
    4. Shameika – Fiona Apple
    5. Lockdown – Anderson .Paak
    6. I Can’t Breathe – H.E.R
    7. The Bigger Picture – Lil Baby
    8. The Box – Roddy Ricch
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Is anyone here not expecting cardigan in SOTY? I mean this song can be snubbed, right?

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

Does anyone here not expecting cardigan in SOTY? I mean this song can be snubbed, right?

definitely, it’s literally leaving the top 100 this week or next week. TBH, while Cardigan went number one, Lover seemed more like it a hit. However it is impressive that she was on the charts with 0 push

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    Michael Myers
    Topics:

Is anyone here not expecting cardigan in SOTY? I mean this song can be snubbed, right?

Cardigan definitely could be snubbed, but i think she could get in if she’s blocked in AOTY.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

I think Taylor is getting AOTY but is out of ROTY and SOTY.

Could be wrong though since Lover’s nomination was IMO, more random than a Cardigan nomination would be. At least Cardigan hit #1, even though it was extremely frontloaded.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Everything I Wanted-Billie Eilish (The lyrics of this song are fantastic and really elevate it. Given that Billie JUST swept, she may get blocked this year. Not too confident on this one)

IMO, she’s definitely getting blocked, that always happens when someone sweeps the year before. Actually, I don’t think she’s getting in Pop Solo either. Only Song Written for Visual Media and I would not be surprised if she missed that too.

Voters who didn’t vote Billie this year won’t vote for her to get a nomination because they’ll be afraid she’ll win again.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Blank Space is too juvenile(in sound and lyrics) to win SOTY or even Pop Solo. It was never winning, IMO.

I know, 1989 as whole is juvenile, but it was the best selling album by miles. Blank Space was competing against a huge hit(TOL) that was also a typical AC ballad. It wasn’t competition.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

EIW could happen in SOTY, but personally I think it takes space and Billie was enough rewarded and recognised last year, so they should give it to someone else.

Profile picture
    Adam 🎹
    Topics:

It was really a stupid move for H.E.R not to perform I Can’t Breathe on SNL. She had a good shot with this one for SOTY. Its a good song plus has excellent lyrics. It also goes with the policital climate we’re experiencing plus the committee loves her. Performing at SNL would’ve been great because it could gave the song more attention since Adele was also hosting the show too.🥴

Viewing 12 posts - 481 through 492 (of 492 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.