Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 234 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
How U Doin'
Monsoon 🌊
epiphany
  • Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, “Circles” is NOT happening in Song of the Year.  It will get in Record of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

What do we think about “Circles” in SOTY? Post doesn’t have any SOTY nominations so far, though that might be because none of his previous nominated hits were SOTY material.

To be fair, if we’re solely determining that award on lyrics/melody then many songs are not SOTY material (imo).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    itsjimbates
    Topics:

^ That’s true actually! I was thinking of “rockstar” though. They would never nominate that song for SOTY. “Circles” is different. I’m curious to see if he gets into both ROTY and SOTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

Circles” is different. I’m curious to see if he gets into both ROTY and SOTY.

may also depend on whether he gets into AOTY. I think he‘ll definitely get two GF noms, either AOTY+ROTY or ROTY+SOTY. I don’t expect him in all three.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Filmshaveflavor
    Topics:

Most of you all believe that Post and Dua aren’t gonna be nominated in SOTY, so that takes them out.

I doubt Fiona wins it since she’s not really a Grammy favorite and Shameika didn’t even chart (most of the SOTY winners in the past 30 years, besides 2, were top 20 hits).

I Can’t Breathe might win because of the message and because H.E.R is well-liked by the Grammy committee.

That really leaves cardigan and Blinding Lights.

If cardigan gets nominated, it will be Taylor’s 5th SOTY nomination (the most of any female songwriter). I think this is a narrative that can work in her favor and ultimately take her to victory.

The Weeknd has been nominated 10 times (3 in the general field, 1 as a featured artist) and has only won 3 times. This is why I find it hard to believe that The Weeknd will sweep most of the general field similarly to what Bruno and Adele have done in the past.

Imo, I only see Blinding Lights winning SOTY if cardigan doesn’t get nominated there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

Most of you all believe that Post and Dua aren’t gonna be nominated in SOTY, so that takes them out.

Don’t believe those trolls. They are both getting in. Both songs are big hits and SOTY material.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Lol, Cardigan isn’t winning SOTY and I can’t believe we are still on that train.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    How U Doin'
    Topics:

Honey, only delusional Swifties think “Cardigan” is winning SOTY.  We go through this every fucking day.  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Lol, Cardigan isn’t winning SOTY and I can’t believe we are still on that train.

She gets awarded for AM songwriter of the year which is an industry voted category. Maybe you just missed the train

Currently digging :

* Joji - Nectar
    * Sufjan Steven - The Ascension
    * Marsicans - Ursa Major
    * Holly Humberstone - Falling Asleep At The Wheel
    * Rich Brian - 1999

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

cardigan is not winning a thing, most of the Swiffers know that

FYC:

AOTY: folklore, Gaslighter, Kid Krow, Ungodly Hour, Punisher, SAWAYAMA, Future Nostalgia, Manic

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

cardigan is not winning a thing, most of the Swiffers know that

I mean I only ever predicting a nomination. I doubt it will win but out all of it’s possible nominations, this is the only one she would have any chance of (I only think this though because I wouldn’t be surprised if this. cardigans Sole nomination)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

I think the Rap field is represented in SOTY by “The Bigger Picture”. It’s a legitimately great song and is extremely relevant for the day. In ROTY, It’ll be “The Box” as it’s one of the biggest songs of the year.

It’s either  The Bigger Picture or Rockstar for rap. I Can’t Breathe for R&B, Shameika probably for alternative, and The Bones for country. That’s 4 slots, with Cardigan and Blinding Lights, 6. That leaves 2 more open. Out of all the remaining contenders, Everything I Wanted has the highest chance.

Based on the category and the heavy song/lyric-driven material we had this cycle, I don’t see the more traditional pop hits like Don’t Start Now, Circles, Adore You, or Rain On Me making it, but there can always be one that sneaks in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Just for fun
    Topics:

ROM would be lowkey extremely lucky to get into ROY, so SOY is kinda too far of a reach

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    sara
    Topics:

exactly..it had an embarrassing chart run

FYC: future nostalgia, Sawayama, Hollywood’s bleeding

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I don’t know why I feel that SWU will get in instead of ROM.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 234 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.