Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 729 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Xtina
Ghost
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I love Rain on Me and I think it is a lock for a nomination in ROTY, but I think it has no chance in SOTY. There are just so many writers on it that it may be overlooked, there have been songs with more writers that got in but not many

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Can or will both “The Box” and “Rockstar” make the ROTY line-up or will the BRP only choose one???

Originally I thought yes, both could get in as both are multiple-week #1 hits. Now, as time has passed, I’m not so sure. It would make sense to honor just “Rockstar” since it’s a “2 birds with 1 stone” choice honoring both Roddy & DaBaby, but “The Box” is the year’s longest running #1 hit.

With “Savage” in the mix, will the BRP nominate 3 rap/hip-hop tracks for ROTY?

Roddy Ricch is in the same position Drake was in 2016. “One Dance” was slightly bigger than “Work” but the latter had 2 superstars on 1 song. I suspect “Rockstar” could get in over “The Box” for that very reason.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, the blue-ribbon committee will only choose one: either “The Box” or “Rockstar.”  NOT both.  I’m leaning more towards “The Box” in Record of the Year since it was the bigger hit.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Summer Walker, H.E.R. and Chloe x Halle are all present in SOTY/Songwriter’s Award at the Soul Train Awards. Keep an eye out for Playing Games, Do It, I Can’t Breathe and Slide.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Summer Walker, H.E.R. and Chloe x Halle are all present in SOTY/Songwriter’s Award at the Soul Train Awards. Keep an eye out for Playing Games, Do It, I Can’t Breathe and Slide.

Slide wasn’t submitted

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

“I Can’t Breathe” is definitely making into both SOTY and ROTY. With some possibility of winning R&B Song.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Slide wasn’t submitted

then just keep an eye out for the other 3

FYC:

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

hadn’t Hard Place also been nominated for both categories last year, I would be 100% sure about I Can’t Breathe. I could see it only receiving a SOTY nomination

FYC:

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

“The Bones” won Single of the Year and Song of the Year at the CMAs awards and it’s the 3rd biggest female hit of the eligibility period. Maybe it will be nominated in the General field

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

The Bones just won both Single and Song of the Year at the CMAs (only 5 songs did so in the last 20 years). She is the second female to win these two prizes for the same song. Maren was also the most awarded artist of the night.

I have been telling you for months that she is a strong contender. The Bones is definitely showing up in the GF.

Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, H.E.R. is NOT a Grammy darling.  She’s a committee pick.  She can easily lose in the R&B Field again.

Profile picture
    Marcos
    Topics:

After the CMAs (and Soul Train nominees), I’m very confident that “The Bones”, “Blinding Lights” and “I Can’t Breathe” will be the repeats in the GF, showing up in both ROTY and SOTY. I don’t see anything other than that.

In my predictions, “Don’t Start Now” and “Circles” – and “Shameika”, maybe? – are showing up in ROTY only. I have “Adore You” in SOTY only, as a safe songwriting choice kinda like “In My Blood” and “Lover”. You could argue that it can show up in both categories given its radio success, but SOTY seems more fitting for this type of song.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Adore You feels more like a ROTY nominee than a SOTY.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

If they split Harry’s appearances then ROTY is more likely.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 729 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.