Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 730 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Cardi B
Ghost
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

folklore is well known for its songwriting so if manages to snatch the AoTY, it will take SoTY as well

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Savage is being very overestimated.

The only rap song to have ever won in the gf did it when
    a) it had one of the most iconic music videos of all time
    b) there wasn’t a strong frontrunner with the pop songs. (Its biggest threat was pre-Oscars Shallow)

Savage meanwhile
    a) is splitting votes with another rap song that crossed over to pop radio
    b) is splitting against another Beyoncé song
    c) is against two very strong pop songs (EIW and DSN)

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

U2 won SOTY without a ROTY nomination the year they won AOTY for Hkw To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. It can happen.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

This year a lot of unusuals could happen. Exile will likely win pop duo without being a huge radio hit. Cardigan (imo) will likely win SOTY off the folklore hype. 2020 was different in lots of ways so the winners might reflect that.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Cardigan supremacy plus I would like Beyoncé to walk away with another GF Grammy for the Kiki hihi 😉

AOTY- Folklore

ROTY- Savage REMIX

SOTY- Cardigan

BNA- Megan Thee Mare

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

U2 won SOTY without a ROTY nomination the year they won AOTY for Hkw To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. It can happen.

Yes, but still it was 16 years ago. It can happen but I don’t think it will.

Profile picture
    ELIAS🍂
    Topics:

Dua Lipa would be a boring winner, not because her music is terrible (far from), but it would feel like a typical pop song winning. Sure it has amazing house/90s dance pop elements, but at the end of the day Don’t Start Now is still competing in Best Pop Solo Performance, not Best Dance Recording.

Folklore AOTY

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Dua Lipa would be a boring winner, not because her music is terrible (far from), but it would feel like a typical pop song winning. Sure it has amazing house/90s dance pop elements, but at the end of the day Don’t Start Now is still competing in Best Pop Solo Performance, not Best Dance Recording.

so you don’t want it to win … because its pop?

Profile picture
    lveitrim
    Topics:

In my opinion, “cardigan” can’t win Song Of The Year. I believe “Don’t Start Now” will take home both Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Yet you would be ok with the pop monstrosity and generic-ness that is Blinding Lights had it been nominated. Don’t Start Now is a fantastic record and a worthy winner.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

I’m still predicting savage remix for ROTY because: 1) Meghan and Beyoncé. Big names and big music. 2) Meghan had a great year and it was reflected in her noms too 3) she was v active during the voting period and her album was hit + acclaimed + her other hit songs too. 4) Savage remix was a smash too. It made a lot of noise back in the day. 5) Beyoncé will win something in the GF. 6) It’s a great song.

Literally all of this applies to Don’t Start Now. I also don’t really know why you’re so sure Beyoncé is winning in the gf; her track record there is 1/11.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Beyonce has 2 nominations in roty. She will split votes with herself. Dsn will win roty…eiw can be the upset given grammys love for billie but Dua has it on lock I believe

Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

unpopular controversial opinion: with blinding lights not being nominated every ROTY winner seems unworthy. there I said it.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 730 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.