Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 730 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Cardi
Ghost
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé only got Grammy, NAACP, and Soul Train nominations based on her name.  Miss thing is always a name-check.

Profile picture
    alex
    Topics:

2 weeks from now we’ll finally know who the winners are and wow it’s been a long time coming but it’s happening very soon.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Black parade honestly made no noise. It seems handpicked by BRP to honour Beyoncé and its competition is too strong. I can’t see any voter going for BP over DSN or savage or EIW or even circles.

I’m well aware of just how many artists have gone empty handed after over performing on noms day but like that’s the point of a prediction? I’m predicting that this is the year Beyoncé wins something in the GF and I’ve given my reasons in a post earlier, already.

Also.. context matters…those snubs had some intense competition. The ones who won over them ended up sweeping. I don’t believe dua is sweeping (or anyone for that matter), so there’s that. That marginally increases savage remix’s chances in roty from where I see it.

Every nominee was handpicked by the BRP. Besides, Black Parade managed to get 2 other non BRP nominations.

I mean you didn’t really. If you seriously think the Megan/Beyoncé love is going to be that strong then that’s your right. The reality is that there’s been a pretty blatant hiphop bias at the grammys since they’ve started and there’s nothing that’ll make Savage overcome it.

Ok well do you want examples of most nominated people losing all their gf nominations in non sweep years? They’re not particularly hard to find.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, old white voter dudes are NOT voting for Beyoncé in Record of the Year and Song of the Year.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Dua’s campaign was way too strong and omni present for her to miss out on roty. I believe she is going home with at least roty but most likely it will be a Dua sweep. Billie might upset in soty but roty is Dua’s.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

I still don’t buy a Dua sweep. The recent sweeps (Billie, Bruno, Adele 2x) are all by artists who had an exceptional year and are all very popular with the general public. While 2020 might have been an exceptional year for Dua, I think she’s not popular enough among the GP. Her releases had low debuts and then rose on the charts (which means the GP basically don’t care about her), and her songs are bigger than her name. Yes she might be as popular as Billie, Bruno or Adele internationally, but in the US? I don’t think so.

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Sweeps are something very inherent in Grammys and a flaw…they have tried many times to avoid sweeps(blocking ed Sheeran) but couldn’t stop it. Voters don’t care or even know dua isn’t as big as billie or her era was less successful or her songs debut low on hot 100..her team presented her as a big star and that should be enough.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Y’all are really trying hard to push the Dua sweep narrative. Taylor would sweep her GF noms and pop before Dua would sweep. I just don’t see it.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Dua is most competitive in ROTY and pop solo. SOTY is a toss up.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I’m also thinking a Dua sweep is getting more likely. She isn’t that big but she is beloved. I see her getting a lot of pop, electronic, producers and maybe a good chunk of R&B/rap voters who aren’t feeling Chilombo. I do think people are slipping up again and starting to lean towards how they’re feeling now about artists, rather than how they were back in December. Going off the hype and buzz in December, I still think Taylor has the hype for AOTY/BPVA/BPDGP wins but Dua is very very formidable.

Profile picture
    Interstella 5555
    Topics:

DSN could win, but I think its being overestimated here a bit.

She promoted hard, the song was a huge success, but at the end of the day she is not the type of artist Grammy voters go for.

I’ve seen people here and on other forums saying that “since she  is a GF winner, she is well liked by Grammy voters”. Well, refresh my memory, but weren’t both Post Malone and Cardi B blockled by the committee the year she won?

This is a especially hard year to predict because the absolute frontrunner fell short on nomination day, so until the winners are announced I’m keeping my mind open.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

“I Can’t Breathe” could win SOTY for obvious reasons. H.E.R. has also become one of the industry’s most prolific songwriters. She’ll eventually prevail in the GF. Maybe this year will be it.

OR…DSN could easily win both.

I will LOL if “Circles” pulls off a victory. Post is not a GRAMMY favorite but that song was huge on multiple formats.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 730 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.