Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 730 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Cardi
Ghost
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Jacob got nominated despite his album not seeing a chart and not having enough acclaim for a reason…he is clearly loved by some ppl..maybe not enough to win but he isn’t irrelevant

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Jacob feels more like a BRP choice rather than an industry one. His nomination will likely be the reward.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Goldderby: Other artists possibilities at winning: ONE MILLION! A “musicians pick” Taylor’s possibilities: she has slight chance, no chance at all, she’ll go home empty handed. The sheer CLOWNERY! 🤡

we are simply listing out possibilities. No one would have thought Beck would win over Beyonce and Sam Smith…upsets happen..no one is saying Jacob is frontrunner.we are saying why he can upset the frontrunners..not so famous people have won and very famous ones have gone empty handed despite many noms in one night.

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Being a Taylor fan has got nothing to with this lol y’all just be saying anything I don’t believe he has enough appeal to pull of a win in the biggest prize of the night. The competition is too strong. Not saying that his sort of work won’t appeal to a niche but that niche isn’t big enough to push him as a frontrunner, that’s my opinion. I did misinterpret what you said about musicianship so that’s about it.

His niche did exactly this for Herbie Hancock and Esperanza Spalding. And he literally has more cross genre appeal than them so it is in fact very possible even if I’m not predicting it.

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey; if this was before 2009, Jacob Collier would have a chance.  Since 2010, the Grammys have gone super commercial.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

If Jacob can pull off an upset against Beyoncé in R&B Performance, then I think he is in the running to win AOTY.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Honey; if this was before 2009, Jacob Collier would have a chance. Since 2010, the Grammys have gone super commercial.

Agreed. Especially if Collier were in a line up of 5 opposed to 8.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Black Parade is such a slap I would be here for Bey taking Record for it.Church

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Respectfully, they weren’t as big of nobodies as Jacob Collier. Also, grammys have been super commercial since the last decade, how many flops even win anything in the general field anymore? Y’all better NOT say Golden hour. It was a really popular album by a mainstream country star.

Esperanza absolutely was….. And Herbie managed to beat the Record/Song/BNA winner with an album that, at the time, had only peaked at #118

Speaking of Esperanza, guess who beat her last year?

Carey Mulligan for Best Actress

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Grammy voting isn’t as popular as it used to be, so maybe that’s why it’s easier for a commercial album to win now.

Taylor has the country bloc to really push her through. “Pop” votes are going to be all over the place with Taylor, Dua and even Post Malone in the race.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Eh, Esperanza Spalding was a “nobody” in every sense of the word, especially compared to the Canadian and British breakouts that year. That’s why her surprise win was so talked about for a while.

Jacob does have four Grammys, albeit in tech fields, but he’s definitely more of a name in the industry than Esperanza Spalding was in 2010.

Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Let’s be honest the year that Spaulding won did y’all honestly see Biebz or Drake winning? My bet was on Florence that year.

FYC: Grammys 2022

AOTY: evermore
    ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo: willow
    Pop Album: evermore
    Pop Duo: evermore w Bon Iver
    Rap Song/ Melodic Rap: closure
    Dance Recording: long story short
    Remix Recording: Love Story (elvira)
    Country Solo/Country Song: cowboy like me
    Country Duo: You All Over Me w Marren Morris
    American Roots Perf/Song: ivy
    Gospel Per: epiphany (live)
    Rock Perf/Song: ‘tis the damn season
    Music Video: willow
    Music Film: folklore studio sessions

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 730 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.