Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 722 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Boz
  • Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

So you agree? Jacob Collier and Esperanza Spalding have a lot in common

Best New Artist does not equate to Album of the Year.

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

Best New Artist does not equate to Album of the Year.

A so called nobody won over huge commercial/popular acts in a general field. Similar scenario

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Some of you don’t understand how well Jacob Collier had been trending over the years for his musicianship and harmonies.

Just found this video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Zukd9OIsI

There are plenty on YT, and I don’t think it’s propaganda.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Florence should’ve won BNA that year. But go off Esperanza. To think she could’ve been an Oscar contender had Eastwood gone forward with his ASIB remake (after Beyoncé dropped out). 🥲

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

As someone who advocated for Fiona and Abel to be in AOTY, Taylor winning in a lackluster year would be fun. However, I think it’s her time to win SOTY before any third AOTY win, sorry.

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Donnna
    Topics:

As someone who advocated for Fiona and Abel to be in AOTY, Taylor winning in a lackluster year would be fun. However, I think it’s her time to win SOTY before any third AOTY win, sorry.

Well she likely isn’t winning either but dua will win soty and roty before Taylor does

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

7 out of the last 11 years at the Grammys have had the same song winning in both ROTY and SOTY (I’m including Bruno winning for That’s What I Like and 24K Magic since it was from the same project and the songs were split in the GF). 4 of those come from the last 5 years. It’s clear that in recent years the laziness of Grammy voters has increased and I seriously doubt that ROTY/SOTY will split this year when DSN is nominated in both.

Whether Dua wins AOTY is a different conversation, but predicting a split in the GF with the laziness of voters and shrinking engagement in participation in recent years seems very unlikely to me.

Profile picture
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Topics:

I don’t know if you will agree with me but I have 2 predictions:

1- Since Dua Lipa was nominated for both ROTY and SOTY, she will take both and Pop Solo and Taylor takes home Pop Vocal and AOTY.

2- Taylor will take just 1 award from Pop Field, Dua takes home AOTY/ROTY/SOTY and Gaga takes Pop/Duo with Ariana.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LawC
    Topics:

Awardmonster, a Goldderby member who accurately predicted the general field and pop field winners last year, predicts these results for the 2021 Grammys: AOTY: Future Nostalgia SOTY: Don’t Start Now ROTY: Don’t Start Now BNA: Megan Thee Stallion BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE: Don’t Start Now POP DUO/GROUP: Exile POP VOCAL ALBUM: Future Nostalgia

Can see it happening. If Taylor wins something, it’ll most likely be in Dua’s weakest category. Unless she’s even more unstoppable than anyone can imagine and wins that one too.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Girl for the last time, Taylor missing ROTY will have 0 impact om whether she wins SOTY or not.

Think of her ROTY miss the same as Gotye, Daft Punk, and Mark Ronson missing SOTY (all won ROTY).

I’m not saying Taylor will or will not win SOTY, but her ROTY snub has 0 to do with it.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

The voters are definitely lazy, but if there was any year where ROTY/SOTY could split, it’s this one. We’ve said it a few times in recent years, and it did not happen. However, eventually, it will happen.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

I’m here for a Dua sweep! She did that! ❤️

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 691 through 705 (of 722 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy predictions: Record/Song of the Year (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.