Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Rap Field Predictions (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Rap Field Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 243 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Ziggiy
Gucci
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Megan/Beyoncé will win Best Rap Performance fairly easy. The Grammys already gave Nipsey his flowers last year, Da Baby will probably have a much better chance in Best Melodic Rap, Jack Harlow should be lucky to be nominated, Pop Smoke’s nomination will be similar to Mac Miller’s, and I feel like Lil Baby’s luck will be squelched and his fans will have a lot to say about it. Megan is the breakthrough act of the year with a #1 hit to boot. I don’t see how she loses that category.

Megan will definitely win. She’s got the Beyonce stimulus package plus all the hype. Its hers to lose.

Roddy gets Best Rap Melodic Performance. The Box is just an undeniable song.

I could see Megan picking up best rap song, but I also see The Bigger Picture taking it given the climate of the year and Bigger Picture being an extremely relevant song that was also extremely popular.

Nas gets Best Rap Album. King’s Disease had the acclaim, Nas has the name and brand recognition, the narrative (A bonafide legend 30 years into his career with no Grammy win) and for the first time in 13 nominations, he has the highest selling album of the nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’m sorry Nas, despite your legend status Freddie deserved to win Best Rap Album *insert Kanye intonation

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I’m sorry Nas, despite your legend status Freddie deserved to win Best Rap Album *insert Kanye intonation

Lol nobody in their right mind would dare take the mic from Nas. They’d be outcast from the rap world

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Lol nobody in their right mind would dare take the mic from Nas. They’d be outcast from the rap world

You’ve been blinded by his legend status. King’s Disease is not as acclaimed you stated, it gets 72 Metascore meanwhile Alfredo sits comfortably with 88. As much as rap fans happy with his new music, the result is quite underwhelming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

You’ve been blinded by his legend status. King’s Disease is not as acclaimed you stated, it gets 72 Metascore meanwhile Alfredo sits comfortably with 88. As much as rap fans happy with his new music, the result is quite underwhelming.

Traditionally the Rap Album Of The Year goes to either the highest seller or the artist with the bigger name.

For the first time in 13 nominations, Nas is not only the highest selling album of all the nominees, he has also has the biggest name awareness. Nas has been a mainstream artist for 28 years, the only other MC with that amount of success and continued cultural relevance is Jay-Z. If the RAOTY category was actually chosen going by acclaim and Metacritic scores then Nas himself would at least have 3 Grammys by now.

Given all the evidence and the patterns of the past winners of the category, this should be a shoo in for Nas.

I like Alfredo. Its probably my 3rd or 4th favorite album of the year. Hell for the first time EVER I like almost every album nominated in the category (the lone exception is D Smoke, who despite me considering myself a hardcore Hip Hop head, I barely knew existed) But I LOVED King’s Disease. I love what it represents as a product of the continued evolution of Hip Hop as not just a genre for “young kids”. I loved that Nas and Hit Boy had phenomenal chemistry. I loved the subject matter, and I loved that Nas proved he’s still one of the best lyricists alive today.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Meg could join Cardi, Salt N Pepa, Kim, Left Eye, Missy, Eve, Lizzo, Lauryn, & Latifah as Female Rappers with GRAMMYs 👏🏾

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Metacritic is NOT the end-all-be-all.  You ladies have got to realize voters do NOT give a shit about critical-acclaim.

The legend Nas is winning Best Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Nas’ longevity and the fact that he put out an album with generally positive reviews 30 years into his career would be enough for most true Hip Hop fans not to “take the mic out of his hands.” Nas is one of the most respected and revered rappers of all-time. A win here would not be only for a good enough album but for a legendary career. All-in-all, no one gives a damn about his Metacritic score, which is on par with the supposed frontrunner Roddy Ricch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Honey, Metacritic is NOT the end-all-be-all. You ladies have got to realize voters do NOT give a shit about critical-acclaim. The legend Nas is winning Best Rap Album.

EXACTLY

If Metacritic was the barometer for Grammy Awards Nas would already have a Grammy for Life Is Good in 2013 (81%) instead of Take Care (78%)

Kendrick Lamar would have 3 AOTY Gramophones in 2014 (GKMC 91%) instead of RAM (87) 2016 (TPAB 96%) instead of 1989 (76) and 2018 (DAMN 95%) instead 24K Magic (70)

Beyonce would have 2 AOTY Gramophones in 2015 (Beyonce 85%) instead of Morning Phase (80%) and 2016 (Lemonade 92%) instead of 25 ( 75)

I could go on and on with names including Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Janelle Monae, etc.

its not about critical acclaim. its about name and brand recognition, sales, with a touch of narrative. Nas has all three this time around.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Final predictions

Rap Performance- The Bigger Picture

Rap Song- Savage Remix

Melodic Rap Performance- The Box

Rap Album- King’s Disease

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Nas by all predictions is still the front runner for Best Rap Album. I see literally no reason why he won’t win for “ King’s Disease”.

Looks like Meg has become the front funner for both  Rap Song and Rap Performance. It COULD be a huge night for her if she doesn’t split Best New Artist voted with Doja Wack- oops I meant Cat, then Megan could be looking at a three trophy night. Her only competition in Best Rap Song might be Lil Baby’s “The Bigger Picture” if the Grammy committee really wants to go conscious and topical. Dark Horse for Rap Performance could be Anderson Paak as the committee loves him but I think this Megan’s year.

I see no reason why Roddy Rich won’t walk away with a trophy in Best Melodic Rap Song for “The Box”. Its more than likely the only category he’ll win and the song basically personifies the category

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Rap Predictions:

Best Rap Performance

1. Savage-Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyoncé
    2. Dior-Pop Smoke
    3. The Bigger Picture-Lil Baby
    4. Deep Reverence-Big Sean ft. Nipsey Hussle
    5. Whats Poppin-Jack Harlow
    6. BOP-Dababy

I think the only real threat to Megan is how strong the posthumous love for Pop Smoke may be. I don’t see anyone besides Pop or Megan winning here

Best Melodic Rap Performance

1. Lockdown-Anderson .Paak
    2. The Box-Roddy Ricch
    3. Rockstar-Dababy ft. Roddy Ricch
    4. Laugh Now Cry Later-Drake ft. Lil Durk
    5. Highest in the Room-Travis Scott

Anderson has pulled off 2 really unexpected upsets in the past 2 years. That alone has me convinced he’s winning. Even ignoring that, Lockdown is bait and Roddy is splitting votes with himself. Rockstar and The Box are equally big and I don’t really see how he’ll rise above the split

Best Rap Song

1. Savage-Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyoncé
    2. The Box-Roddy Ricch
    3. Rockstar-Dababy ft. Roddy Ricch
    4. The Bigger Picture-Lil Baby
    5. Laugh Now Cry Later-Drake ft. Lil Durk

My instincts are saying Savage but I wouldn’t be surprised if the combination of sexism/The Box being a bigger song gives Roddy the win here. Kinda hope it does since it would suck if he went home emptyhanded.

Best Rap Album

1. King’s Disease-Nas
    2. Alfredo-Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist
    3. A Written Testimony-Jay Electronica
    4. Black Habits-D Smoke
    5.  The Allegory-Royce Da 5’9″

After the way they blatantly set Nas up, I have zero interest in this category. I almost hope it backfires for them

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

The Box is a lock to win Best Rap Song. Pin me on that sweetie.

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

The Box is a lock to win Best Rap Song. Pin me on that sweetie.

You think it has a better chance at Best Rap Song than Best Melodic Rap?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Blogs & Online Publications are starting to list their predictions.

Entertainment.ie predicts Megan Thee Stallion for Best Rap Song and Nas for Best Rap Album

https://www.google.com/amp/s/entertainment.ie/amp/music/heres-our-predictions-for-the-2021-grammy-awards-whos-going-to-win-and-why-475384/

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 243 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.