Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Rap Field Predictions (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Rap Field Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 243 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Ziggiy
Xtina
Ghost
  • Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Man I thought last year was weak. This is a whole new low.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

Megan thee stallion could very well be nominated in 1 of these 4 fields. Savage and or/ her ep

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, these Rap contenders are definitely worse than last year.  BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Usukhbayar
    Topics:

Megan should submit the solo version of Savage to Rap Perf since The Box is already taking Rap/Sung.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Why would The Box be submitted to Rap/Sung?

Nice for What & Be Careful definitely have more singing components, yet were submitted and nominated in Best Rap Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Megan won’t get nominated with the original Savage. Beyoncé’s name helps with an assured nomination if the remix is a stable hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why would The Box be submitted to Rap/Sung?

Nice for What & Be Careful definitely have more singing components, yet were submitted and nominated in Best Rap Performance.

Agreed. If Be Careful could go to Rap Performance then so will The Box. Megan submitting the solo version of Savage would be a huge mistake – I actually think she could win Rap/Sung.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

“The Box” and “Be Careful” are definitely two different type of records.

There is minimal singing in “Be Careful,” so its placement was correct. Plus, “I Like It” was placed in Best Rap/Sung Performance, so that seemed more like a strategic plan by the label to ensure a nomination in one or both of the categories. Same thing applied to “Nice for What.” “In My Feelings” was already placed in Best Rap/Sung Performance.

“The Box” is more similar to records such as “This Is America,” “Panini,” “Prblms” and “Ballin'” – all Rap/Sung Performance nominees.

With that being said, I can see “The Box” being in Best Rap Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I’m hoping Doja Cat’s “rules” gets into Rap/Sung. It’s my personal pick for the win honestly.

ReplyCopy URL

The Box winning at least one Grammy next year in the Rap field is a lock. I just don’t know what category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Beyonce’s been passed over by the rap field before, even with the support of her husband and Grammy favourite Jay Z. She also infamously got snubbed for Perfect in Pop Duo for that same logic.

Unless the remix truly surpasses the original in the public eye, then I don’t think it’s a good idea. The Grammy’s haven’t treated these remixes nicely in the last few years.

Also The Box is more similar to The London and Rockstar than Be Careful IMO.

The only true snub was probably Apeshit but that was in Rap Performance. Beyoncé has 8 nominations and a win in the Best Rap/SUNG category, even being nominated for tracks/non-events such as Family Feud and On the Run. Coincidentally, she got a nom for a remix of Ego with Kanye. Megan is a rising artist and with Savage Remix having these numbers, the nomination can be very likely.

Also, The Box seems like a borderline case where it could get into either Rap or Rap Sung. I think it could win easier in the former, though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 243 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.