Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 210 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Monsoon 🌊
Ghost
brianabreeze
  • Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Traditional R&B Performance- Wonder What She Thinks of Me

This been my favorite song for this whole week omg. Hopefully it wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Debating on whether Slow Down, Do It, or Black Parade will win Song. O feel like the first two have the advantage of being Urban hits, and CxH have done an extensive campaign. It seems like people who vote final round for R&B seem to be purists, so I don’t think Black Parade making it to the GF means it’s locked. No Guidance and Needed Me were probably ahead of Lake by the Ocean and Say So in the GF, and look what happened.

Don’t see John Legend losing R&B Album. It feels like the category is set up for him.

If the R&B purists come out punching, then one of the H.E.R. tracks will win it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TomAndJerry
    Topics:

What are the chances that Beyonce having 3 nominations in the GF give her an edge to win in R&B song or performance?

Still think she’s winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Here are my thoughts about the R&B field

Looking through the R&B categories this year, the ones I feel sure about are Progressive R&B and R&B Album going to Jhene Aiko and John Legend respectively.

Along with Traditional R&B going to Ledisi, she has been doing a lot of promo this time around to finally win a Grammy which she is very deserving of it. I know that having supporting nominations can help which in this case is with Chloe x Halle this year, however, I believe Ledisi will prevail.

Though Beyonce has a good chance of winning both Performance and Song, I think that she has a better chance at Performance. If there is an upset, look out for “All I Need” which is giving me vibes from that surprise win from Snarky Puppy and Lalah Hathaway a few years ago.

For R&B Song, it has often gone to the biggest song/artist and Beyonce has the advantage, however, I would look out for “Do It” to potentially upset. I actually think song is Chloe x Halle’s best chance at a win.

For the R&B purists comment, if they wanted to choose one of H.E.R.’s songs wouldn’t they go with “Better Than I Imagine” instead? Thoughts?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

I think Do It has a real chance bc the typical Beyoncé voters (whether they work with/for her or are big fans) will want to see her protégés go home with a win. They’ve also been everywhere. If anyone can beat Bey in the R&B categories, it’s her mentees.

That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised by any of the outcomes. Black Parade wasn’t a big song and didn’t have a visual, which weakens the chances fo a sweep. But betting against Beyoncé is always a risk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, the R&B panel intentionally blocked “I Can’t Breathe” (which could’ve easily won Best R&B Song).  Instead, they chose two obscure H.E.R. songs no one’s heard of.  It is rather obvious that Beyoncé was set up to win Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

For the R&B purists comment, if they wanted to choose one of H.E.R.’s songs wouldn’t they go with “Better Than I Imagine” instead? Thoughts?

Possibly, but “Slow Down” was #1 on Adult R&B radio, so familiarity could be in its favor between the two. But Robert Glasper has won two Grammys just in the R&B field, and Meshell Ndegeocello is a perennial nominee. If “Better Than I Imagine” pulls off the win, I feel it will be in the same vain as “Say So” and “Lake by the Ocean.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

Honey, the R&B panel intentionally blocked “I Can’t Breathe” (which could’ve easily won Best R&B Song). Instead, they chose two obscure H.E.R. songs no one’s heard of. It is rather obvious that Beyoncé was set up to win Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song.

“Slow Down” actually charted on the Hot 100 and was a #1 hit on R&B radio. People have heard of that song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, the following are NOT happening:

– Jhené Aiko & John Legend are NOT winning Best R&B Performance.
    – Jacob Collier feat. Mahalia & Ty Dolla $ign are NOT winning Best R&B Performance.
    – Chloe x Halle are NOT winning Best Traditional R&B Performance.
    – “Do It” is NOT winning Best R&B Song.
    – Giveon, Take Time is NOT winning Best R&B Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Honey, the R&B panel intentionally blocked “I Can’t Breathe” (which could’ve easily won Best R&B Song). Instead, they chose two obscure H.E.R. songs no one’s heard of. It is rather obvious that Beyoncé was set up to win Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song.

I have to agree. It’s a setup. Otherwise, I would think Beyonce would actually lose all her nominations. I can’t imagine any Grammy voter saying to themselves: “Well, she has 24 Grammy Awards at home, but I really think she should have another, especially for this song I’ve never heard of.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marcus.H
    Topics:

I know Black Parade but I didn’t hear it until last night when I went listen to all the nominees for prediction.

And wow it is actually pretty great, at least better than other R&B nominees imo. I now have to take back my thoughts that “Grammys nominated a Beyonce song just to compensate her Lemonade loss and cater to the BLM movement when there are more better BLM songs.”

Coen-Lynch-Fellini

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steezy
    Topics:

Black Parade is the best written song in the R&B song category. She also gives the best, most earnest performance. It should win both categories. It’s a masterclass.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

I love Black Parade but I also love All I Need and Do It. Bey can wait another year for her new record-breaking title. We need the younger acts to prosper!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Where was all of this love for “Black Parade” when it debuted in the Summer time? 🤔 It flopped right down the charts despite being released during the height of BLM.

It’s apparent voters name checked Beyoncé because she’s a favorite. Chloe x Halle have pushed “Do It” all year and rightfully deserve to win. It’s a much better song.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cardi
    Topics:

Honey, Beyoncé and John Legend (Best R&B Album) are NOT losing in the R&B Field.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 210 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.