Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 169 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Monsoon 🌊
Ghost
Prada
  • Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I think Beyoncé’s pretty much got it in the bag. “Black Parade” over performed.

Over performed is an understatement. I wouldn’t have given her any nods for that song.

Who am I? You'll find out soon. Ciao, for now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Yebba or CxH could upset in Traditional.

This better not happen, or I will refer to the Grammys as the SCAMmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

Yep, I was referring to R&B Album. I also don’t think men deserved 3/5 spots in Progressive R&B but that’s petty to argue over.

That’s not petty to argue at all. It was a phenomenal year for women in R&B and the Grammys shat on them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I’ve said this before, but it bares repeating. The Grammys should reinstate the Urban/Alternative Performance category and rename it “Alternative R&B Performance.” They should also rename Progressive R&B Album as “Alternative R&B Album.” The field should look like this going forward:

Best R&B Performance

Traditional R&B Performance

R&B Song

R&B Album

Alternative R&B Performance

Alternative R&B Album

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

As a longtime Jhené stan, I’m so happy she’s FINALLY getting her due. I didn’t think the voters would rally behind her this much but I’m glad they did, although Chilombo is my least favourite of hers but I’ll take what I can get.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dominique Deveraux
    Topics:

I’m a little surprised with Ledisi being nominated for the solo version of “Anything for You” and not the duet with PJ Morton and that being said, I think this is the time to finally give her a Grammy. Speaking of PJ Morton, he is only nominated in Gospel. He has been a favorite in the R&B field over the past few years, what happened to him this year? With Progressive R&B Album, it is between Jhene Aiko and Chloe x Halle and with Aiko’s surprise AOTY nomination (to me at least) she has the edge. Could she pull an upset in R&B Performance with her song with John Legend? Speaking of John Legend, I think he wins R&B Album since he is the most known name there. Also, what is with the all male lineup when women have had a great year in the genre? Now with R&B Song, H.E.R. will cancel herself out with “Slow Down” and “Better Than I can Imagine”. Beyonce is the frontrunner, also could Chloe x Halle pull off a win here? So many questions. What do you guys think?

I don’t know why you’re surprised. Ledisi has always earned solo nods and she’s never needed the help. The Grammys love her and her music enough to nominate her. Let’s hope they love her enough to reward her with a trophy.

The Grammys realized PJ is overrated and got tired of him, as they should.

Chloe x Halle are Beyonce’s proteges. They’re winning Progressive R&B.

Despite John being the biggest name in R&B Album, the real winner there is Giveon. Gregory Porter’s ‘All Rise’ is a jazz album, so I’m not even sure why he’s there. Luke James could prevail, but it’s not his time yet. I’ve never heard of the other nominee. And yes, it’s tragic that Brandy and Teyana Taylor weren’t nominated here.

Beyonce is the front runner, but if the Grammys have a shred of credibility, they’ll reward Tiana Major9 and EARTHGANG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Jhené’s winning Progressive, especially if she wins SoulTrain. That surprise R&B performance nomination indicates genre support more than her surprise AOTY nomination imo. It’s clear R&B voters have passion for her this time around (Summer being completely blocked out most likely so she wouldn’t overshadow indicates that too) and that they want her to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Over performed is an understatement. I wouldn’t have given her any nods for that song.

It’s perplexing to think that “Formation” was snubbed in the R&B Field but “Black Parade” managed to sneak in. A song that made less of an impact and was forgotten a week after its release.

But that goes to show Beyoncé’s pull within the industry. They love her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Jhene is winning Progressive R&B. She has the support. I feel bad for CXH tho. Hopefully they can upset in R&B Song.

I’ve been listening to Chilombo all year. I loved this album! They clearly laid it out for Jhene to win.

I kinda wish this was happening with “Trip”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boylyboyle
    Topics:

It’s perplexing to think that “Formation” was snubbed in the R&B Field but “Black Parade” managed to sneak in. A song that made less of an impact and was forgotten a week after its release.

But that goes to show Beyoncé’s pull within the industry. They love her.

Imagine if black parade would be upset to win all of nominations due to the BLM movement.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

When are they going to add R&B to the Predictions center?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

The only category they got right this year is Progressive R&B. Every album nominated was in my top 8 shortlist. R&B album is a mess but I’m glad that Giveon and Luke James were nominated. Hopeful that Giveon can pull off a win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, do NOT let Jhené Aiko’s blue ribbon-committee hand-picked Album of the Year nomination fool y’all.  Chloe x Halle also got 3 noms.  Chloe x Halle are winning Best Progressive R&B Album due to the Beyoncé (BARF!) connection.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Initial predictions:

R&B Performance – All I Need
    R&B Song – Black Parade
    Traditional R&B Performance – Anything For You
    Progressive R&B Album – Chilombo
    R&B Album – Bigger Love

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

That’s not petty to argue at all. It was a phenomenal year for women in R&B and the Grammys shat on them.

You’re right tbh. It’s seriously awful and the panel is a mess for that.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.