Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY R&B Field Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
PoweR
Chrissy
deshunfenty
  • Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Full Moon is honestly better than Ashanti. Ashanti was just too deniable that year due to her breakthrough success.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Honey, Brandy’s previous albums are contemporary R&B. I have a hard time picturing her in traditional R&B.

Human was definitely placed in R&B Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    deshunfenty
    Topics:
      Best Progressive R&B Album
      “After Hours”The Weeknd
      “BLCTKU”Jesse Reyez
      “Ungodly Hour”Chloe x Halle
      “Hot Pink”Doja Cat
      “Childish Gambino”3.15.20
      (“Chilombo”Jhene Aiko)

TO FEEL ALIVE would be a surprise here. I think her album (EP) is too short for eligibility anyways . Kinda don’t understand what blocked Isolation from getting nominated back in 2019

#howrudeofme

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Luke James deserves a Best R&B Album nomination, and hell, the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Full Moon is honestly better than Ashanti. Ashanti was just too deniable that year due to her breakthrough success.

Honey, Faith Evans’ Faithfully was the best album nominated that year in Best Contemporary R&B Album.  Ashanti had some bangers.  Full Moon was rather blah and a step-down from the great Never S-A-Y Never.

Human was definitely placed in R&B Album.

Honey, are you sure about that?  I don’t remember Brandy’s 2008 submissions.  I would’ve thought Human was submitted to Best Contemporary R&B Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Honey, are you sure about that? I don’t remember Brandy’s 2008 submissions. I would’ve thought Human was submitted in Best Contemporary R&B Album.

I’m sure.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Full Moon is Brandy’s best album and has probably influenced more singers than any of her other albums. Afrodisiac is closely behind. I can see people making a case for that album as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Never S-A-Y Never is Brandy’s best album and it should’ve influenced other singers.  I never got why people called Brandy “the vocal bible” during the Full Moon era.  Afrodisiac did nothing for me.  That’s when Brandy started falling off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Honey, Never S-A-Y Never is Brandy’s best album and it should’ve influenced other singers. I never got why people called Brandy “the vocal bible” during the Full Moon era. Afrodisiac did nothing for me. That’s when Brandy started falling off.

Because you can clearly hear the difference in her vocals between Full Moon and NSN. She pushed her range in a way she never did on her previous albums. Also, she was no longer riding those typical ’90s R&B productions anymore. Full Moon and Aaliyah’s final album were both atypical for that time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

Has anyone heard the duet version of “Anything for You” with Ledisi and PJ Morton? What do you think of the song’s chances? Does she submit the solo or duet version?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

What do you think of “Believe It” by PARTYNEXTDOOR & Rihanna? Do y’all think it could land in R&B Performance?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Has anyone heard the duet version of “Anything for You” with Ledisi and PJ Morton? What do you think of the song’s chances? Does she submit the solo or duet version?

Ledisi could get in either way. She’s a perennial nominee. However, PJ Morton might add to her Grammy win potential.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.