Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMY Rock/Alternative Contenders (Part 1)

2021 GRAMMY Rock/Alternative Contenders (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 203 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
RatedRStarZ
theexterminator
ciguanaba
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

This is assuming Jaime will be in Rock, right?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

This is assuming Jaime will be in Rock, right?

Yes. If Jaime is in Alternative then it’s definitely in. And will likely be in a tight battle with Fiona for the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Will HAIM be submitting in Rock or Alt?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Rock Performance:

The Killers – Caution
    Tame Impala – Breathe Deeper
    Pearl Jam – Dance of the Clairvoyants
    Weezer – Hero
    Brittany Howard – 13th Century Metal

Rock Song:

“Orphans” – Coldplay
    “Heavy Balloon” – Fiona Apple
    “Not” – Big Thief
    “The Steps” – HAIM
    “Caution” – The Killers

Alternative Music Album:

Fetch the Bolt Cutters – Fiona Apple
    Two Hands – Big Thief
    MAGDALENE – FKA twigs
    The Slow Rush – Tame Impala
    strong>Notes on a Conditional Form – The 1975

Rock Album:

Imploding the Mirage – The Killers
    Gigaton – Pearl Jam
    Ordinary man – Ozzy Osbourne
    Sound & Fury – Sturgill Simpson

(I dont have a 5th currently in Rock Album).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

Rock Performance: The Killers – Caution Tame Impala – Breathe Deeper Pearl Jam – Dance of the Clairvoyants Weezer – Hero Jaime Howard – 13th Century Metal Rock Song: “Orphans” – Coldplay “Heavy Balloon” – Fiona Apple “Not” – Big Thief “The Steps” – HAIM “Caution” – The Killers Alternative Music Album: Fetch the Bolt Cutters – Fiona Apple Two Hands – Big Thief MAGDALENE – FKA twigs The Slow Rush – Tame Impala Notes on a Conditional Form – The 1975 Rock Album: Imploding the Mirage – The Killers Gigaton – Pearl Jam Ordinary man – Ozzy Osbourne Sound & Fury – Sturgill Simpson (I dont have a 5th currently in Rock Album).

These are really good predictions. For 5th rock album, probably Jamie – Brittany Howard. I don’t think she’s going to submit it in alt. If The 1975 was smart, they submit the album in these categories but iirc they submitted their last album in BPVA.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see which song Fiona submitted to the rock categories, if any.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

These are really good predictions. For 5th rock album, probably Jamie – Brittany Howard. I don’t think she’s going to submit it in alt. If The 1975 was smart, they submit the album in these categories but iirc they submitted their last album in BPVA.

I think Jamie will submit to Contemporary Blues Album. I think that’s the best genre to define the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

I think Jamie will submit to Contemporary Blues Album. I think that’s the best genre to define the album.

I hate to suggest this then, but maybe that god awful Green Day album will be nommed. I mean, Greta Van Fleet got nommed so anything is possible and they have name recognition over a HAIM persay.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

Rock Performance: The Killers – Caution Tame Impala – Breathe Deeper Pearl Jam – Dance of the Clairvoyants Weezer – Hero Brittany Howard – 13th Century Metal Rock Song: “Orphans” – Coldplay “Heavy Balloon” – Fiona Apple “Not” – Big Thief “The Steps” – HAIM “Caution” – The Killers Alternative Music Album: Fetch the Bolt Cutters – Fiona Apple Two Hands – Big Thief MAGDALENE – FKA twigs The Slow Rush – Tame Impala strong>Notes on a Conditional Form – The 1975 Rock Album: Imploding the Mirage – The Killers Gigaton – Pearl Jam Ordinary man – Ozzy Osbourne Sound & Fury – Sturgill Simpson (I dont have a 5th currently in Rock Album).

Ozzy has won 4 Grammys (including the Lifetime Achievement), so his album will be snubbed. His only nomination will be best rock perf or best rap melodic perf for “Take what you want”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RatedRStarZ
    Topics:

Isn’t there a new Rock committee as of 2018, one thing that used to happen with Rock categories is that the same bands/artists would be nominated like Foo Fighters, Metallica etc… with rarely any new ones unless they had a huge breakout like Nothing More or Highly Suspect did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

STFU! by Rina Sawayama for Best Metal Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonyKuKo
    Topics:

Isn’t there a new Rock committee as of 2018, one thing that used to happen with Rock categories is that the same bands/artists would be nominated like Foo Fighters, Metallica etc… with rarely any new ones unless they had a huge breakout like Nothing More or Highly Suspect did.

Yes, and they have sure opened the door for newer hard rock or blues-rock bands but they still don’t like to nominate psychedelic/synth-rock bands.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

I believe The 1975 submitted to Alternative last year and was moved to Pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

No wonder. A brief inquiry into online relationships sounds like Justin Bieber.

After an auditory glance at their newest album, they will be moved again (or submit to pop from the get-go).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    supermodelslegs
    Topics:

No wonder. A brief inquiry into online relationships sounds like Justin Bieber. After an auditory glance at their newest album, they will be moved again (or submit to pop from the get-go).

Eh. Both ABIIOR and Notes could’ve easily competed in Alternative. Notes has more electronic influence in it, but it’s definitely an alternative record.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.