Home Forums Music 2021 Grammys Edition: Which Categories Are You 100% Sure About?

2021 Grammys Edition: Which Categories Are You 100% Sure About?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
DaBaby
brianabreeze
daniel
  • Profile picture
    Justin Galaxy
    Topics:

the only true undisputed frontrunner is Don’t Start Now in ROTY

I could just as easily see them giving it to Savage honestly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I could just as easily see them giving it to Savage honestly.

I wish, but let’s get real. The NARAS is racist.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

I wish, but let’s get real. The NARAS is racist.

They are… But POC artists have won ROTY in the past – Bruno, childish gambino and others.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

They are… But POC artists have won ROTY in the past – Bruno, childish gambino and others.

Bruno, Whitney, Norah, etc. all won with Pop records. The only Rap song to ever win in the GF was This is America. As much as Megan deserves and Beyoncé is long overdue of a ROTY win, Savage Remix is not going to be the second one.

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

For a rap artist to win SOTY, ROTY, or AOTY they can’t just be “great”. They can’t even be “exceptional”. They have to be UNDENIABLE without one SHADOW of a doubt of their project/song’s greatness.  Any doubt whatsoever and they’ll be passed over.  Outkast’s Speakerboxx/Love Below and Childish Gambino’s This Is America were more than just the biggest and best of their respective years of release. They transcended their genres and even popular music itself.

Savage remix is a really good song. It might even be a GREAT song. But is it transcendent? No. And black Hip Hop music doesn’t get to be anything LESS than transcendent to win at the Grammys

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Get real!  “Savage” is NOT winning Record of the Year.  There is a huge bias against urban music in the General Field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

I think that I have changed my mind with one of the categories. I know that the voting period is over and maybe her performing on SNL next month may not make much of a difference, however, I am starting to think that Phoebe Bridgers could win Rock Performance while Fiona Apple wins the rest of her noms.

I have had Brittany Howard in the longest for Rock Performance since I didn’t want to count her out entirely due to her multi-genre support this year, however, I am leaning towards Phoebe. Thoughts?

Also, who are you guys predicting for Rap Song? I’m stuck between SOTY nominee and number one hit “The Box” and the more timely “The Bigger Picture”. Which one do you think as a better chance at a win? Thoughts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I think that I have changed my mind with one of the categories. I know that the voting period is over and maybe her performing on SNL next month may not make much of a difference, however, I am starting to think that Phoebe Bridgers could win Rock Performance while Fiona Apple wins the rest of her noms. I have had Brittany Howard in the longest for Rock Performance since I didn’t want to count her out entirely due to her multi-genre support this year, however, I am leaning towards Phoebe. Thoughts? Also, who are you guys predicting for Rap Song? I’m stuck between SOTY nominee and number one hit “The Box” and the more timely “The Bigger Picture”. Which one do you think as a better chance at a win? Thoughts.

I bet on the Bigger Picture. The Box will win best Melodic Rap Song

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think Phoebe Bridgers could upset in one of those rock/alternative categories, but I’m not betting on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she lost everything in that field but carried over enough support to win BNA. Still stuck with that one.

I have “The Box” for Rap Song and “Lockdown” for Melodic Rap.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaBaby
    Topics:

Honey; Song of the Year nominee, “The Box” is easily winning Best Rap Song.  “The Bigger Picture” will lose Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    denizwithanxiety
    Topics:

i see so many people guessing musical theatre goes to Jagged Little Pill is there a solid reason for that?

im predicting american utopia i know it lost alternative music album back then but live show was a hit, spike lee directed the film, got very high scores from critics and its on hbo max

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

I have American Utopia down for Musical Theatre Album as well. It also helps that Talking Heads are one of the recipients of the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award which can work in its favor as well.

I guess with Jagged Little Pill being predicted that it has to do with the name recognition. By the way, is Alanis credited with this nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Briana Breeze
    Topics:

I think Phoebe Bridgers could upset in one of those rock/alternative categories, but I’m not betting on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she lost everything in that field but carried over enough support to win BNA. Still stuck with that one.

I have “The Box” for Rap Song and “Lockdown” for Melodic Rap.

At this point, who are you betting on in the Rock/Alternative categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

At this point, who are you betting on in the Rock/Alternative categories?

I’m thinking Fiona across the board now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

If Eminem couldn’t ever snag a win in the General Field, Savage won’t do it. There’s too much bias against hip hop there.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.