Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

the grammy award winner prediction game has the GF and Pop Field, how long will it take them to put in all fields?

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

Anyways, Don’t Start Now is probably winning ROTY and that is such good news because it’s a really deserving track.

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

The Weeknd’s whole snub fiasco is still extremely bizarre… like even if the committee decided to shut out AH/BL from the GF, i still can’t see a scenario where Yummy pulled in more votes than BL in pop solo, i mean even Ed, despite the GF snub at least got relegated to pop for Divide/SOY

Like I said in the previous thread, The Weeknd’s name is way at the bottom. Voters are lazy. They probably didn’t scroll down to look for him and/or assumed that he would be placed in the R&B field (the racism).

I think the alphabetical order thing was true when “Perfect” got snubbed as well, but it’s evident with The Weeknd.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/theelitemedia_/status/1331367267561574402?s=21 trying to find a source for this but apparently someone from the BRP addressed the Abel snub. edit: here’s the source https://variety.com/2020/music/news/grammy-harvey-mason-weeknd-snub-show-1234839208/

This is the head of the Grammys, not someone on the BRP.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Not the haters against Taylor Swift again. She actually got one of the most critically aclaimmed albums of the year, she actually deserves all the awards she can get for folklore. Its a damn masterpiece. Every music critic out there agrees. And i wasnt even a fan of hers until this record.

If you wanna complain, complain about that atrocious song “Yummy” and that atrocious Bieber album getting nominated. Not one serious music critic will say that deserves a nomination. Or complain about Coldplay, who have been mediocre since viva la vida.

But folklore? Such a gorgeous album? Grammys are lucky to have it.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

2019 big winners – Billie and Lizzo

2019 fillers- Ariana, H.E.R., Lana, Bon Iver, etc.

2020 big winners – Taylor and Roddy

2020 fillers- Dua (thank u next/might be a big winner depending upon her campaign), BUYonce, Flopmatica, Flopanges, Fine Line

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Anyways, Don’t Start Now is probably winning ROTY and that is such good news because it’s a really deserving track.

When Taylor and Dua split album and song categories >>>

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Everything I Wanted could win ROTY/SOTY. That’s if voters still really love Billie.

Profile picture
    Gerald
    Topics:

Like I said in the previous thread, The Weeknd’s name is way at the bottom. Voters are lazy. They probably didn’t scroll down to look for him and/or assumed that he would be placed in the R&B field (the racism). I think the alphabetical order thing was true when “Perfect” got snubbed as well, but it’s evident with The Weeknd.

STOP this alphabetical thingy, Swift, Taylor is in the last and Lipa, Dua is in the middle but they got many noms. It’s just that After hours is not grammy worthy, and if I’m gonna force myself, then okay, I think blinding was snubbed in roty and that’s it.

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

baby where tf is Abel? I mean the Grammys are irregular as fuck!

Ask grammy voters. Dua is still in like she obviously was

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

STOP this alphabetical thingy, Swift, Taylor is in the last and Lipa, Dua is in the middle but they got many noms. It’s just that After hours is not grammy worthy, and if I’m gonna force myself, then okay, I think blinding was snubbed in roty and that’s it.

Because voters went out the way to find Taylor.

L is evidently not as low as W. But go off.

Profile picture
    willow
    Topics:

Don’t overestimate Dua now. Her album performance is still abysmal.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

Nobody thinks Megan Thee Stallion could win both ROTY and BNA? I really thought that was the case here. They can finally award Beyoncé in a General Field category while also awarding more female artists.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

There is a just released interview where the The Weeknd Snub is mentioned by the Grammys CEO, take a read here:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9489257/recording-academy-chief-2021-grammy-nominations-interview/

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

I mean The Weeknd missing pop slots is bizarre specially against crap like Yummy and Changes. But y’all can’t argue against the songs that were nominated in the general field absolutely great all of them. Also what does BLM have to do with The Weeknd? Does Blinding Lights and After Hours represent the BLM movement?

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.