Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

This was a really interesting interview! Idk how I feel about this new Recording Academy president Harvey Mason, Jr.

When asked about why The Weeknd was snubbed, his answer:

“For The Weeknd, in every year you only have a certain amount of people you can nominate for each category.”

Umm… okay.

When asked about snubbing Country music and why it’s never made a priority in the top categories he basically says he doesn’t care about representing every genre of music. Umm… okay.

I find it fishy that he admitted to sitting in on the Blue Ribbon Panel as an observer but not a voter. I think that’s kind of inappropriate.

I’ve read a few of his interviews today and the answers are simply bad. You’d think he’d have some answers prepared, but no.

Profile picture
    thefunkydeltron
    Topics:

Nobody thinks Megan Thee Stallion could win both ROTY and BNA? I really thought that was the case here. They can finally award Beyoncé in a General Field category while also awarding more female artists.

Her chance kinda lower now for BNA. She’s gonna split votes with Doja Cat and D Smoke ( best rap album nominee) now. That benefits Phoebe Bridgers (who’s overperformed in genre nominations) and Ingrid Andress.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

all they had to do is get JB outta here and put the weeknd instead and change some roty name and put blinding lights there

legit it would be so much better. Yes some people would still find it a snub but one that would make a bit more sense. Like what were you thinking?

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Swift fans, seriously, you are never going to get it. You should consider yourselves lucky that you happen to be fans of someone who is always considered a default choice in categories. It does not matter if you think cardigan is well written – it did not have a place in SOTY. At this point, Taylor is like a default in AOTY *unless* there’s absolutely no way the BRP could justify it (a la reputation and Lover). So basically as long as the album is decent, she’s getting in. You have no idea how easy she has it, honestly. The fact that Abel had the year he had and was SNUBBED is outrageous. It’s okay to acknowledge that Taylor is the most privileged woman in the music industry.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

future nostalgia is in the top 40 of the billboard 200 after 8 months and i’m still seeing people claim it performed badly … it’s delusion at this point

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Rap album served excellence this year, my winner is alfredo but I think a written testimony will win it.

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Get real!  The Album of the Year line-up does NOT scream non-political.  It’s a fucking setup!  They purposely blocked The Weeknd so another white woman could win.  White privilege is real.
    Disgusting!

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Swift fans, seriously, you are never going to get it. You should consider yourselves lucky that you happen to be fans of someone who is always considered a default choice in categories. It does not matter if you think cardigan is well written – it did not have a place in SOTY. At this point, Taylor is like a default in AOTY *unless* there’s absolutely no way the BRP could justify it (a la reputation and Lover). So basically as long as the album is decent, she’s getting in. You have no idea how easy she has it, honestly. The fact that Abel had the year he had and was SNUBBED is outrageous. It’s okay to acknowledge that Taylor is the most privileged woman in the music industry.

Taylor never had it easy. Mind you Reputation era got a total of 1 nomination. Cardigan got votes in pop solo and GF, people like it and it is considered a high quality songwriting accomplishment. You have to acknowledge the SOTY nod was deserved.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Honest question, why should a voter feel inclined to vote for an artist that’s popular or that had a huge year, and not for artist’s whose work they just simply enjoyed more?

It’s pretty simple maybe Abel’s music just didn’t connect with voters regardless of the big year he had. This is the Grammys not the Billboards

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I told y’all moriahface would throw a temper tantrum when folklore gets nominated and fine line doesn’t. first he claimed Taylor paid the academy not to nominate after hours, said the academy was sucking up to Taylor so she could win, and now he’s pretending to be “outraged about racism.” Give it a rest please.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Grammys are not the BBMAS, success matters, but it seems Grammy voters based on the demographic don’t necessary want to push the most successful project etc. today’s event was big surprise to us, but according to Grammy CEO, it is a typical some artists to miss completely.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Get real! The Album of the Year line-up does NOT scream non-political. It’s a fucking setup! They purposely blocked The Weeknd so another white woman could win. Disgusting!

Why on earth would they intentionally set something up that would get them dragged? I agree that The Weeknd should have gotten at least ROTY and SOTY noms but they would never intentionally set that up

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honest question, why should a voter feel inclined to vote for an artist that’s popular or that had a huge year, and not for artist’s whose work they just simply enjoyed more?

It’s pretty simple maybe Abel’s music just didn’t connect with voters regardless of the big year he had. This is the Grammys not the Billboards

the fact he had a huge year means everyone heard his music which means that there was a greater % of voters who considered him

i’ve said this before, commercial success does not play any part in why voters vote for certain acts but they indicate how many people are familar with the acts and therefore could vote for them

in short, voters should not feel inclined to vote for the biggest albums and tracks and that’s not why commercial success is important in considering winners and nominees

Profile picture
    Jpfinna
    Topics:

I know a lot of people are surprised by Beyoncé having the most nominations this year but when you look at the categories they really make sense. She built a lot of momentum with Savage Remix, then Black Parade, then Black is King… they all sent really positive messages and were the quality you come to expect from her. She also collaborated with some really great people and these awards go to them as well. Personally I see her taking the two R&B nods for Black Parade, Best music film, best music video and at least 1 of Savages noms.

I’m interested to see how this will effect her next album cycle too

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The Grammy’s cannot continue like this. They need to change their process. They were okay in 2010-2016. But it seems that a lot of voter stopped caring about the show and it sort of died after that. As a result not a lot of people vote now and the nominations are messy.

They need to create a pop review committee. And my guess is that the annual 100$ fee is discouraging a lot of people from voting. Why would you pay to vote for something that people don’t care about these days? They need to figure out a way to reduce abstenteeism.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.