Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Remember 2018 Grammys, this is Divide 2.0 situation but with a smaller album. Shape of You the defining hit of the year wasn’t in GF, at least Sheeran got 2 noms that easily won.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Like I said, they’re never going to get it. They’re convinced a rich white lady who’s never struggled is oppressed. It’s kind of sad, honestly. Outside of that fandom everyone sees it, though.

Anyway, I feel so bad for Abel. Even if he wasn’t going to win anything, a snub is shameful. I hope he gives a statement. And I still cannot get over that they emphasized diversity at the beginning of the stream and then had 6/8 nominees be white in the most prestigious category.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

how are u gonna be on this forum everyday rooting for a white man to win and then come here talking about privilege and racism cause the artist u hate is the new frontrunner. its hypocritical af.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Like I said, they’re never going to get it. They’re convinced a rich white lady who’s never struggled is oppressed. It’s kind of sad, honestly. Outside of that fandom everyone sees it, though.

Anyway, I feel so bad for Abel. Even if he wasn’t going to win anything, a snub is shameful. I hope he gives a statement. And I still cannot get over that they emphasized diversity at the beginning of the stream and then had 6/8 nominees be white in the most prestigious category.

There are 5 white nominees for AOTY.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    pradacass
    Topics:

as a swiftie, i’m very happy to see taylor back in the aoty category. however, seeing the weeknd having 0 nominations really ruined my day. blinding lights IS the record of the year. i really can’t find a solid reason for what happened. some say he was everywhere and people got tired of him, but taylor was everywhere 2014-2016 and she won aoty. others say he submitted to the wrong category, but his album is mostly pop. we need to stop putting black artists in r&b, rap, or “urban” categories. my theory is that the grammy voters knew they would be criticized if they didn’t nominate black artists this year due to blm. they decided to give everything to beyonce, have her be the most nominated artist, and the issue of the weeknd not being nominated just “couldn’t be race because a black woman is the most nominated artist”. not saying beyonce didn’t deserve it, beyonce deserves everything, but they could’ve denied scooter braun’s bribes and nominated the weeknd. he truly had a good album that deserved to be nominated in best pop vocal instead of the ringtones album.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

The Grammy’s cannot continue like this. They need to change their process. They were okay in 2010-2016. But it seems that a lot of voter stopped caring about the show and it sort of died after that. As a result not a lot of people vote now and the nominations are messy. They need to create a pop review committee. And my guess is that the annual 100$ fee is discouraging a lot of people from voting. Why would you pay to vote for something that people don’t care about these days? They need to figure out a way to reduce abstenteeism.

Based on the fact that Harvey Mason Jr. literally had to say “to our voters, please vote for the final round” you know that the turnout was low.

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

the fact he had a huge year means everyone heard his music which means that there was a greater % of voters who considered him

i’ve said this before, commercial success does not play any part in why voters vote for certain acts but they indicate how many people are familar with the acts and therefore could vote for them

I get what you mean but I also understand that if I were a Grammy voter I would just vote for artist’s whose music I enjoyed more in the eligibility period. Spotify streams, #1 songs and tv show performances aren’t gonna sway me to vote for a person that’s simply everywhere and whose had a BIG YEAr. Will campaigning keep an artist on my radar? Sure. But it won’t make me vote for them if I didn’t enjoy their music.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Swift fans, seriously, you are never going to get it. You should consider yourselves lucky that you happen to be fans of someone who is always considered a default choice in categories. It does not matter if you think cardigan is well written – it did not have a place in SOTY. At this point, Taylor is like a default in AOTY *unless* there’s absolutely no way the BRP could justify it (a la reputation and Lover). So basically as long as the album is decent, she’s getting in. You have no idea how easy she has it, honestly. The fact that Abel had the year he had and was SNUBBED is outrageous. It’s okay to acknowledge that Taylor is the most privileged woman in the music industry.

While I 100% agree Abel did not deserve to be snubbed, that’s not Taylors fault. It’s the Grammys. Taylor may be white and privleged but Folklore is a very very well done album. The fact that she still got nominated despite being a 2 time winner attests to that. Nothing about Folklore is average or decent more like excellent and exceptional. There are lot of people who didn’t even like her who became fans with Folklore. I seriously think it’s her best album. To be making music this good this late in her career is nothing short of amazing. Taylor got into AOTY because the quality was there period. You could easily make the same argument about Dua Lipa (which is an amazing electronic pop record btw) but you picked on Taylor?

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

The Weeknd’s snub is not normal, and Swifties shouldn’t try to downplay it. We have seen times and times again where an album is nominated based on one hit. If anything, we actually have Hollywood’s Bleeding in the lineup right now. There’s no reason for Abel to not be nominated in BMV, BPSP, BPVA, SOTY, ROTY and AOTY. Even the Grammy’s dude hesitated to answer the questions.

While I have always been a Swifties and rooting for her to win, it’s weird to see some of you become so brave and actively try to act like nothing happened. This nomination list will go down as one of the biggest jokes in music history.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Based on the fact that Harvey Mason Jr. literally had to say “to our voters, please vote for the final round” you know that the turnout was low.

And yet still, people don’t understand how songs/albums can miss out on nominations.

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

They changed how the BRP’s ran this year and this year has some of the worst nominations I’ve seen.

Bring back favoritism. At least those noms made more sense.

Also, WTF was that rap category?

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Like I said, they’re never going to get it. They’re convinced a rich white lady who’s never struggled is oppressed. It’s kind of sad, honestly. Outside of that fandom everyone sees it, though. Anyway, I feel so bad for Abel. Even if he wasn’t going to win anything, a snub is shameful. I hope he gives a statement. And I still cannot get over that they emphasized diversity at the beginning of the stream and then had 6/8 nominees be white in the most prestigious category.

Now when did I say she was oppressed um-? Of course she isn’t oppressed but the fact is that it does not make sense for the committee to stack a category in a way to get them dragged. I believe they were supposed to stack the category in the exact opposite way, according to people on here. Just accept that the Grammy’s didn’t care about politics this year (when they should have, I agree).

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Remember 2018 Grammys, this is Divide 2.0 situation but with a smaller album. Shape of You the defining hit of the year wasn’t in GF, at least Sheeran got 2 noms that easily won.

The blocked him because they wanted Bruno to win

The Grammys knew what they were doing

Also After Hours is more acclaimed than Divide

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

When was the last time the biggest star of the year, the person who is initially predicted to sweep the GF ends up with literally 0 nominations? I can’t remember this happening before. It could be the biggest snub in history. He managed to get some nominations with his other eras which weren’t as impressive as this one.

Something is wrong. We’ll never know what happened.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

The sooner everyone accepts that Yummy got in legitimately, the better.
    And yes, I do think that nomination is BULLSHIT.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.