Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

I know a lot of people are surprised by Beyoncé having the most nominations this year but when you look at the categories they really make sense. She built a lot of momentum with Savage Remix, then Black Parade, then Black is King… they all sent really positive messages and were the quality you come to expect from her. She also collaborated with some really great people and these awards go to them as well. Personally I see her taking the two R&B nods for Black Parade, Best music film, best music video and at least 1 of Savages noms.

I’m interested to see how this will effect her next album cycle too

this I have to agree with. Savage Remix was the only remix out of thousands released this year that actually sounded fresh and better than the original! I wish I had predicted more of Black is King.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

Unless the Grammys are permanently shifting gears, snubbing one of the biggest songs of the year is just a mess. In the Billboard interview they even mention that. A song like Blinding Lights missing indicates they are going in a new direction.

If that ends up not being true, and the most popular songs/albums are nominated next year regardless of quality, it will be clear that personal politics came into play.

Additionally there are multiple noms in the general field this year of questionable quality, so the “new direction” (which Harvey Mason Jr. seemed hesitant to acknowledge) theory is hard to believe.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Most of us are all pretty shocked and can’t understand why Abel was shut out but that doesn’t mean some of the other nominees (Taylor and Dua) didn’t deserve their noms.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

You guys will go to any length necessary to avoid addressing the issue. Deflect, shift blame, ignore, cry victim. Regardless of the fact that you guys can’t see it, this snub, along with nominating most albums that have absolutely no shot at winning, will go down as one of the biggest embarrassments in Grammy history.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

When was the last time the biggest star of the year, the person who is initially predicted to sweep the GF ends up with literally 0 nominations? I can’t remember this happening before. It could be the biggest snub in history. He managed to get some nominations with his other eras which weren’t as impressive as this one.

Something is wrong. We’ll never know what happened.

Justin Timberlake?

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I personally think Abel was removed. I dont buy him just missing, too bizarre.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

I get what you mean but I also understand that if I were a Grammy voter I would just vote for artist’s whose music I enjoyed more in the eligibility period. Spotify streams, #1 songs and tv show performances aren’t gonna sway me to vote for a person that’s simply everywhere and whose had a BIG YEAr. Will campaigning keep an artist on my radar? Sure. But it won’t make me vote for them if I didn’t enjoy their music.

you’re kind of missing my point but it’s okay

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

You guys will go to any length necessary to avoid addressing the issue. Deflect, shift blame, ignore, cry victim. Regardless of the fact that you guys can’t see it, this snub, along with nominating most albums that have absolutely no shot at winning, will go down as one of the biggest embarrassments in Grammy history.

no one said he didn’t deserve to be nominated but u are acting like it’s Taylor’s fault the BRP didn’t nominate his album. just move on harry didn’t get an AOTY nom and Taylor did, accept it. we all know you’re just mad that Taylor is predicated to win now and u don’t actually care about The Weeknd being snubbed lmao.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

you’re kind of missing my point but it’s okay

Not your fyc aging perfectly

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

The Weeknd’s snub is not normal, and Swifties shouldn’t try to downplay it. We have seen times and times again where an album is nominated based on one hit. If anything, we actually have Hollywood’s Bleeding in the lineup right now. There’s no reason for Abel to not be nominated in BMV, BPSP, BPVA, SOTY, ROTY and AOTY. Even the Grammy’s dude hesitated to answer the questions. While I have always been a Swifties and rooting for her to win, it’s weird to see some of you become so brave and actively try to act like nothing happened. This nomination list will go down as one of the biggest jokes in music history.

I’ve said multiple times how shocked I was. His snub was egregious but let’s not pretend there was a political motive for it. They just didn’t like him this year. Based on him getting no pop noms is it not possible that he didn’t make the top 20?

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, voters have got to stop licking Taylor Swift’s cooch.  That bitch blinks and gets 6-8 nominations.  BARF!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Justin Timberlake?

He got genre nominations like Ed Sheeran lol.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Taylor is such a bad B that even her song from Cats got nominated 💅🏾 Meow!

Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

I personally think Abel was removed. I dont buy him just missing, too bizarre.

I agree like how could he not get enough votes when he was the biggest name of 2020? And actually was pretty acclaimed too. There’s no way he missed the top 20 and no way they just forgot about him. It feels very intentional.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

When was the last time the biggest star of the year, the person who is initially predicted to sweep the GF ends up with literally 0 nominations? I can’t remember this happening before. It could be the biggest snub in history. He managed to get some nominations with his other eras which weren’t as impressive as this one.

Something is wrong. We’ll never know what happened.

This is probably the first time I’ve seen this

Even Backstreet Boys and Nsync got nominations when they were the top artist of those years

And Abel had both success and acclaim

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.