Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I Can’t Feel My Face got nominated in Best Pop Solo though. And it wasn’t nearly as big as Blinding Lights.

it was a better song.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

They got nommed for KID A and IN RAINBOWS tho, so they haven’t been completely snubbed. I do think they should’ve won AOTY at least once, but what you gonna do.

And OK Computer. They should have won at least two of those times(Call me biased if you like since I’m a huge fan of them). Yet they don’t bitch or argue about it. That’s how Grammy losers should act. The Weeknd needs to stop complaining. Yes, him being snubbed everywhere was extremely stupid and embarrassing on the recording academy’s behalf, but still.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

I agree, but alt albums have such a hard time getting through. Just ask Fiona this year lol

Loved FTBC, Fiona is a legend.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

And OK Computer. They should have won at least two of those times(Call me biased if you like since I’m a huge fan of them). Yet they don’t bitch or argue about it. That’s how Grammy losers should act. The Weeknd needs to stop complaining. Yes, him being snubbed everywhere was extremely stupid and embarrassing on the recording academy’s behalf, but still.

I’m not a fan of OK COMPUTER but there’s no doubt that that album was a milestone.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

it was a better song.

Good point.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Loved FTBC, Fiona is a legend.

Indeed. She already has a place among the greats.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Don’t let your personal taste misguide you. We all have different tastes. But there are records that objectively deserve recognition as a result of massive commercial success combined with critical acclaim: Blinding Lights is one of them, period.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

I hate how easily Taylor or Dua are winning AOTY. They could’ve nominated Britanny or Fiona to make it more competitive.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

After Hours will finish #7 on the YEC of BB200, it was big album driven by a huge hit. I said here months ago, After Hours was established as the Front-Runner without much context, just because BL drove the charts. When the product reached the BRP table, it just didn’t impress much. Also, not winning the direct votes in pop makes it even worse for his Case, since it is not a Divide situation where the project was the most voted in pop categories and was left out of GF. Grammys can send him the Pop votes results, but asking for transparency like the Grammys will publish the voting stats in pop categories before the awards take place for The Weeknd to be happy ??? Not going to happen.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Im a Taylor Swift fan but I’m not blind to the very real injustice of the weekend being snubbed for no valid reason. Again, I REALLY hope the truth comes out as he was obviously purposely removed. You can’t group all us swift fans together. Like @ghost said months ago, the fairest thing would have been to let the proper albums compete in AOTY and then see if Taylor was deserving of her 3rd. Were literally at the point where it would be a shock if she didn’t win. Gucci of all people even knows Taylor is winning and that really says it all!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Yes, I agree. BL not being on ROTY is so weird and unexpected. It doesn’t make ANY SENSE.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Ok computer best album ever periodT (with ajaii voice). That album is so huge and has had such a big cultural impact is better it wasnt nominated in the scammys.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

You really need to shut up lol. There’s nothing not “classy” about him being upset if he had to choose between the Super Bowl and this.

im supporting him being upset I even said I feel bad for him. My post was mainly describing Mariah’s personal reaction.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Man, I was expecting a snub in SOTY but this is next level shit lol

Profile picture
    cah
    Topics:

It’s like where are these votes coming from? These are “obscure” artists and not just when it comes to people who only pay attention to mainstream music. Neither has received much press. Neither project is that acclaimed. Neither have received big nominations previously. They have no substantial nominations anywhere else (that also includes HAIM).

The shit just don’t add up beyond shit going down in the general academy but especially in the BRP and purposely stacking the deck.

They’re clearly committee picks, so was Coldplay and Haim.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.