Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

it only got a best country song nom

and it’s not even country. I need to laugh.

Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

As usual, these nominations are TRASH.

The VERY bad:

Beyonce
    HER

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

According to album of the year she has a score of 65 based on 4 reviews

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/217453-jhene-aiko-chilombo.php

So she would be AOTY nominee with the lowest critic score this year

And y’all were dragging my favs for a 74 on AOTY.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    KBeckett
    Topics:

Ngl MG, I did not predict you at the end of the day having the best predicting score for the Grammys lmao.

Not much to see here I’m afraid...

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Thoughts And Impressions:

The Weeknd’s snubb would probably have to be one of the worst snubs I have ever seen. There is no way on earth that Yummy and Changes got more votes then Blinding Lights and After Hours. But if that TMZ is true, than I’m not surprised that he was snub. I also would not be surprised if Justin’s team is behind all of this. Not accusing anyone, but just sayin… It is quiet disrespectful not just to Abel, but the entire Music Industry that delivered great Pop record that were MUCH more deserving than Justin. Thankfully he isn’t winning.

The race is in-between Dua Lipa vs Taylor Swift, with Dua having a slightly high advantage by having a Record Of The Year nomination. Both Dua and Taylor got the same amount of nominations in the Pop Field. There is much support for both women. I don’t really see a “vote split” between the 2 because like Folklore and Future Nostalgia, Cardigan and Don’t Start Now are completely different styles. I do think Folklore is somewhat of a Grammy Bait album, but Future Nostalgia has the resemblance of Synth/ Pop Disco that voters do love (Random Access Memories, 24K Magic & even 1989). Both Jack Antonoff and Andrew Watt have Producer Of The Year Nomination. I’m going to go with my gut and say It’s Due for the Win. The amount of campaigning she has done is much greater than any of the artists nominated and with Dua’s upcoming virtual concert “Studio 2054” coming up on Friday, I have not doubt that she will make a huge impression towards Grammy Voters. After that performance she pulled off AMAs, Dua Lipa has the potential to make an incredible virtual concert.

Other than, I’m happy with Harry, Megan, Doja, Gaga, Ariana, Ingrid’s nominations.

Did you know you were #1 for grammy nom predictions?

Congrats!

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

And y’all were dragging my favs for a 74 on AOTY.

I don’t think I ever dragged your faves. I only said I didn’t like them.

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

If that TMZ article is true, it indicates that even the pop field doesn’t have declared committee, there are still people that mandate those categories at the end. No way Yummy got more votes than Blinding Lights.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

this just proves whenever Beyonce releases ANYTHING she’s gonna be a factor at the grammys.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

Niki minqj fans trashing all over bon iver’s instagram after she shaded him

Poor guy, the lowest profile, trying to do good in the world, and now this trash acts (nivki and the also talentless and trash katy perry) send him their stupid fans

He must be kicking himself for even being nominated

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Bon Iver isn’t even paying attention the hate. He’s a genius and unbothered.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Sorry just reading through this thread – anyone else in 1/8 gang? My only correct nominee was POST MALONE😭😭😭

FYC:

Taylor Swift- AOTY, SOTY, Pop Duo/Group Performance, Pop Vocal Album

Phoebe Bridgers- BNA, Rock Song, Rock Performance, Alternative Album

Dua Lipa- ROTY, Pop Solo Performance

Chloe x Halle- Traditional R&B Performance, R&B Song, Progressive R&B Album

Profile picture
    maxinho
    Topics:

Black Parade performed way better that Formation in its time. lol Beyoncé has truly great influence on grammy voters.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I must say I really like The Bones. It should be in Pop solo over Doja or Bieber, tho.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

There’s just something incredibly fishy about these nominations. It just seems that the number of voters who vote is so small that you can now easily lobby your way into a nomination like Justin probably did, and you can also lobby them to even block certain competitors. This is a big problem for the Academy. That might explain why both Jacob Collier and Coldplay were nominated (and apparently Jacob Collier also worked on Coldplay album).

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Sorry just reading through this thread – anyone else in 1/8 gang? My only correct nominee was POST MALONE😭😭

my only correct nominee was Folklore. you could have 2/8 if you weren’t such a negative Nancy!

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.