Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

The vibes have been off since it all went down. Very weird.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

let this teach the committee a lesson

they can’t just ignore the biggest chart hit of the year

The Recording Academy will change their rules again 🙄

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

let this teach the committee a lesson they can’t just ignore the biggest chart hit of the year

Humm. They can and they did. lol. If anything it makes me respect the BRP more.

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

Welp, all I can say is these nominations sum up the year that is 2020 to a T.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

There’s just something incredibly fishy about these nominations. It just seems that the number of voters who vote is so small that you can now easily lobby your way into a nomination like Justin probably did, and you can also lobby them to even block certain competitors. This is a big problem for the Academy. That might explain why both Jacob Collier and Coldplay were nominated (and apparently Jacob Collier also worked on Coldplay album).

Jacob Collier is considered a music prodigy by the industry. He’s IMMENSELY musical.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Boy, this has been a strange day.

Not sure what to say about Abel. Zero nominations just doesn’t happen naturally. Had it been just an AOTY snub or maybe a general field shut-out only, then possibly. But this does seem like something happened behind the scenes, whether related to the Super Bowl or not. It’s just too implausible, whatever your feelings on him and his output. Fiona should’ve been in GF, too.

Lots of great nominations too, though. But this whole thing left a bit of a poor taste. And I don’t think you can say this “happens every year”—I’d actually say this kind of rejection is close to unprecedented for a presumptive frontrunner that people predicted would get the most nominations out of everyone.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Humm. They can and they did. lol. If anything it makes me respect the BRP more.

but can they get away with it?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Jacob Collier is considered a music prodigy by the industry. He’s IMMENSELY musical.

Imagine if he actually wins Album of the Year lol

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

it shows how unpredictable the nominees could be lol so that’s a way to see it

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

there’s no committee in pop he just didn’t get enough votes to get in there. It’s very possible voters just weren’t liking After Hours as much as we were expecting them too.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

Where is Folklorefan? I want to be reminded how Taylor was getting 8 noms and Gaga 1 lol

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

there’s no committee in pop he just didn’t get enough votes to get in there. It’s very plausible voters just weren’t liking After Hours as much as we were expecting them too.

But they liked “Yeah you got that yummy yummy yummy yummy”? Sure

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I think next year I will close my eyes while predicting aoty nominees, think I get right better than this 1/8!

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

But they liked “Yeah you got that yummy yummy yummy yummy”? Sure

yummy obviously didn’t deserve a nomination but pop is just all votes so if The Weeknd couldn’t get in there it just means that the voters didn’t like After Hours like everyone was predicting them to. If The Weeknd made it into pop but not the gf I might have agreed with this whole conspiracy but he couldn’t make it into pop which means he just didn’t get the votes.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

there’s no committee in pop he just didn’t get enough votes to get in there. It’s very possible voters just weren’t liking After Hours as much as we were expecting them too.

but Yummy and that album did?

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.