Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

This is actually so funny. HAIM weren’t even going for AOTY

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

there’s no committee in pop he just didn’t get enough votes to get in there. It’s very possible voters just weren’t liking After Hours as much as we were expecting them too.

There is no conceivable way that Yummy would receive more votes than Blinding Lights, unless something was up—regardless of what they thought of After Hours as a whole.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

This is actually so funny. HAIM weren’t even going for AOTY

I’m telling you, it’s all politics. Ariel Rechtshaid, the producer, is a big player in the industry. He was the reason VW got in last year and he’s the reason HAIM got in this year.

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

There is no conceivable way that Yummy would receive more votes than Blinding Lights, unless something was up—regardless of what they thought of After Hours as a whole.

Me grasping at straws is that his name starts with “W” and is too far down on the list.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

it’s very possible someone was bribing people to vote for yummy but there isn’t a pop committee so they couldn’t have just took Abel out.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

I’m telling you, it’s all politics. Ariel Rechtshaid, the producer, is a big player in the industry. He was the reason VW got in last year and he’s the reason HAIM got in this year.

Damn he should’ve get noms for gorgeous ‘immunity’ by clairo too 🤧

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

it’s very possible someone was bribing people to vote for yummy but there isn’t a pop committee so they couldn’t have just took Abel out.

It’s very possible that Holy being released very close to voting in addition to the fact that Justin has had a string of hits this entire year allowed him to surprise in the pop field. Not to mention, the last name Bieber allows him to benefit from the alphabet advantage

Justin had enough votes to get in. Stop with the Scooter conspiracies. They’re annoying. Y’all just saw Ariana tank at noms.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

Technically they can do whatever the hell they want because there is no transparency. Whatever happened, it’s not great.

But it is what it is. The shutout doesn’t negate his success in any way; he’s bigger than ever and he’s doing the Super Bowl show. Unless he has receipts from the supposed negotiations, this will die down without further escalations—just as they escaped previous drama with other artists.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Damn he should’ve get noms for gorgeous ‘immunity’ by clairo too 🤧

He won for Adele’s 25. he’s an established grammy darling.

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

A folklore win in AOTY would be similar to Golden Hour and The Suburds last 2019 and 2011.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

He won for Adele’s 25. he’s an established grammy darling.

I’m sure he is, just pointing an album he produced that deserved better.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m sure he is, just pointing an album he produced that deserved better.

Got it 🙂

Profile picture
    Jellyᴮᴱ
    Topics:

It’s very possible that Holy being released very close to voting in addition to the fact that Justin has had a string of hits this entire year allowed him to surprise in the pop field. Not to mention, the last name Bieber allows him to benefit from the alphabet advantage

Justin had enough votes to get in. Stop with the Scooter conspiracies. They’re annoying. Y’all just saw Ariana tank at noms.

I don’t think anyone was bribed but I wouldn’t put it past Scooter to ask people to vote for Justin. We know that turnout is pathetically low. It’s essentially a legal way to manipulate the results.

FYC:

Dynamite | BTS - BPDGP

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Let this lesson go on for next year: there’s no such thing as an abum/song so undeniable that it can’t get passed over.

I also remember someone a couple months ago disregarding every General Field prediction that had “too many passion picks”. As if what we got after all wasn’t exactly a bunch of them.

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I don’t think scooter paid anyone for votes but I wouldn’t put it past him to ask people to vote for Justin. Also Ariana was never getting more than Pop Duo/Group Performance and Scooter can’t make the BRP include her even if ROM was top 20.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.