Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Rn I’m dying to know what REALLY happened. I guess I’m not buying either that he simply didn’t get enough votes (though I’m not that much into conspiracy theories)

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

On a brighter note, Punisher is my favorite album of 2020 and I’m so happy Phoebe overperformed. She deserved all those nominations, and I hope she’ll win one.

I have a feeling she will win one, deservingly so

Profile picture
    NotAStan
    Topics:

We all know The Weeknd wasn’t snubbed because of quality or even differences in tastes, especially when you consider what he was snubbed for and that he was completely shut out. So, the “make something better” thing doesn’t work. And when have the Grammys ever really been about quality? Furthermore, even if The Weeknd got a few nods, the gf would still look sketchy and nonsensical.

Clearly the pop voters didn’t think that. And neither did the BRP.

Taylor made a better album (folklore) and she got her deserved nominations. He’s just bitter cuz he thought he was going to sweep and didn’t get nominated at all.

I love After Hours but a lot of the tracks are dull. That does not explain the lack of love for Blinding Lights, though.

I’m so positive that the field change hurt him a lot, the R&B field turned on him.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Also make a better album? Like Bieber’s Changes or Lil Nas’ 7?

That’s just how she feels.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

not me getting jumped

taylor did that and worked

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I have a feeling she will win one, deservingly so

She’ll get one of the rock categories or BNA

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

that’s the taylor swift way

Well Kendrick did a better album after his 2014 snub and he lost AOTY against Taylor in 2016

Beyoncé did a better and more acclaimed album than BEYONCE and she lost against Adele in 2017

The Taylor Swift way doesn’t work with Black Artists

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

the way the thread about The Weeknd mess is getting more attention than this one

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

I do agree Blinding Lights was snubbed but After Hours the album was not. The album didn’t make much noise outside of that one song and it didn’t have amazing acclaim to help it.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I do agree Blinding Lights was snubbed but After Hours the album was not. The album didn’t make much noise outside of that one song and it didn’t have amazing acclaim to help it.

Agreed. Blinding Lights deserved ROTY, at least the nom.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Fiona has no reason to be upset. She didn’t play the game. No real campaigning. No real promotion. No televised performances. No music vids. She’s stayed chilling on her sofa. If you don’t play the game you can’t be mad about being left out. Besides, she’s cool. She has the most acclaimed album of the year. And if anything, it winning in the general field would have likely tainted its rep, even though I would have been happy for her.

I feel bad for Brittany. Campaigned like hell, got all that love across the board in multiple genres, just for the BRP to say “we gon’ let in this twink who didn’t chart, doesn’t have a MC score, and no one cares about getting noms”.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I’ve never seen a backlash like this. I don’t think anyone will take the Grammy’s seriously anymore. Every single music publication came out against this line up. I feel bad for whoever is going to win this year. Their wins won’t be viewed as legitimate.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

you’re right. but then you see the lil nes x ep and the yummy album nominated

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I feel bad for Brittany. Campaigned like hell, got all that love across the board in multiple genres, just for the BRP to say “we gon’ let in this twink who didn’t chart, doesn’t have a MC score, and no one cares about getting noms”.

Who is that Twink?

I still think that Brittany over performed even if she didn’t make it into the GF.

Profile picture
    abelhours
    Topics:

I’ve never seen a backlash like this. I don’t think anyone will take the Grammy’s seriously anymore. Every single music publication came out against this line up. I feel bad for whoever is going to win this year. Their wins won’t be viewed as legitimate.

Abel aside, the state of that AOTY line-up…

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.