Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Abel has every right to go scorched Earth, and I hope he does. His snubs are beyond egregious. He had EVERY right in the world to be bitter as fuck over these useless Grammy nominations this year.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’ve been up to some awards myself (lowly advertising awards) and I have NEVER reacted like that. He doesn’t have ANY right to throw a tantrum. It is what it is. There’s always next time. Suck it up.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

The Weeknd being snubbed is RIDICULOUS and RACIST.

Taylor Swift, as one of the most acclaimed and best selling artists of the year,  deserved her nominations.

BOTH can be correct at the same time. I’m sure no person with an ounce of common sense would claim Taylor had anything to do personally with The Weeknd not being nominated. This is a woman who can’t even bid to buy back the Masters to her old albums, but some how she’s got the pull to get the Weeknd snubbed?

No. The Weeknd was robbed more than likely because of a multitude of differing aspects of racism. Submitting in Pop instead of R&B (“Keep your negro music in the categories where it belongs” racism) Not kowtowing to the Grammy’s revolting demand that he choose between performing at the Ceremony or performing at the Superbowl (“How DARE you consider doing whats best for you and not for us” racism)  and the not so kind comments he made to Rolling Stone earlier in the year (“Keep your black mouth shut and never DARE to criticize us” racism)

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Honestly this whole Weeknd mess is giving me Kanye West interrupting T Swift teas.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

The Weeknd being snubbed is RIDICULOUS and RACIST. Taylor Swift, as one of the most acclaimed and best selling artists of the year, deserved her nominations. BOTH can be correct at the same time. I’m sure no person with an ounce of common sense would claim Taylor had anything to do personally with The Weeknd not being nominated. This is a woman who can’t even bid to buy back the Masters to her old albums, but some how she’s got the pull to get the Weeknd snubbed? No. The Weeknd was robbed more than likely because of a multitude of differing aspects of racism. Submitting in Pop instead of R&B (“Keep your negro music in the categories where it belongs” racism) Not kowtowing to the Grammy’s revolting demand that he choose between performing at the Ceremony or performing at the Superbowl (“How DARE you consider doing whats best for you and not for us” racism) and the not so kind comments he made to Rolling Stone earlier in the year (“Keep your black mouth shut and never DARE to criticize us” racism)

I completely agree with this and believe it

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Honestly this whole Weeknd mess is giving me Kanye West interrupting T Swift teas.

True but the blame was clearly on Kanye and he says exactly why (it was dumb but whatever), and Kanye apologized kinda. The Grammys just can’t apologize to The Weeknd and they can’t give him nominations now. They missed their chance to and I’m upset about it but that would be dumb backtracking and wouldn’t fix anything. But yes in the sense of how big they are they are similar

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

Also someone posted (jokingly I’m assuming) that Bieber would win something. This would never happen because some artists are actually deserving of their nods. He was never and he complained about getting nominated. The Weeknd complained about having no nominations because he has the biggest song and a big album that was pretty well received. Justin didn’t have anything and he still got 4 nominations!! And he still complained!! Plus many people may feel like Justin took The Weeknd’s spot (which he kinda did ngl). So there is no way he will win outside of his country nomination and even then he’s not doing great press for himself

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

It just seems petty and immature.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Deborah Dugan is smiling somewhere today. She was correct about ALL of the Grammy corruption. Bring it home, Abel!

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

I agree, there’s multiple layers to the weeknd snub but it still seems pretty arrogant from his side. Other deserving black artists have been snubbed too but he didn’t address the systematic racism in the grammys, he’s mad he thought he was gonna sweep and didn’t.

Profile picture
    Ace James
    Topics:

It just seems petty and immature.

It wasn’t the best response I agree (nicki was more annoying because that was forever ago), but I think this was the biggest shock the Grammys have ever had. Like no nominations. And besides it was just one tweet. Right now it’s just petty. I don’t think it’s immature unless it keeps going forever

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Agreed. He needed his team to take control of his social media immediately tho.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Deborah Dugan is smiling somewhere today. She was correct about ALL of the Grammy corruption. Bring it home, Abel!

Deborah has warned but some people were cheering since it only applied on white artists before. Now the card has switched and Abel get same treatment like Ed but at bigger scale.

Gucci wishful thinking has backfired tho.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    Matt2019
    Topics:

The Weeknd needs to learn what he did wrong like what Taylor Swift did in 2018 when Reputation was snubbed where she had to make a better album.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I don’t mind that he said something, but I agree it would have been better if he didn’t. He should just continue to be successful and snub the Grammys from this point on. Success is the best revenge.

Separate side note…

Listened to this Jacob Collier album for the first time ever and LOVED it!! Features a lot of artists I like. So props on that choice Grammys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.