Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,322 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
gold rush
  • Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Neither is The Weeknd

He is Black. He is oppressed. What is wrong with y’all?

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Tay hater, please don’t drag Taylor in your bullshit explaination. She didn’t take his spot.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

So basically R&B voters said NO to Abel and chose Jhene and Beyonce as their representative in general field. And he couldn’t even snatch enough votes from general voters in pop and general field and lost everything. A mess, this is unexpected

Says more about The Academy that prefers to snub an album of a black artist with a metacritic score of 80 for a panned album of a white artist with a 57 score.

But Swifties say that there isn’t racism in the academy just because Beyoncé got 9 nominations.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

This forum spent all the months since Folklore dropped saying how Taylor will flop at Grammy noms Because she was hidden from the face of earth or because it didn’t have the big hits spammed by radio. Many of you downplayed the singer-songwriter narrative and the uniqueness of the project from the get-go. The clowning is on you today.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Neither is The Weeknd

Every black person is opressed. Every. Single. One.

Profile picture
    Geoff Andrew
    Topics:

Says more about The Academy that prefers to snub an album of a black artist with a metacritic score of 80 for a panned album of a white artist with a 57 score. But Swifties say that there isn’t racism in the academy just because Beyoncé got 9 nominations.

You called all the Swifties when there’s only ONE person saying that stupid thing. i even ignored his ass few months back

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

You start to wonder what role the BRP is exactly playing right now? This committee was created to always tweak the list of nominees and prevent exactly this kind of major embarrassment and instead it amplified it this year. They could’ve done with The Weeknd what they did with Post Malone. The only plausible explanation is if The Weeknd and Blinding Lights just didn’t make the top 20, which I find very very hard to believe, and quite unlikely.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

It’s actually kinda wild to me that the same people who have been saying all day that ‘Scooter paid for Justins noms!!!’ are now refusing to let the Weeknd call grammys corrupt.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

You start to wonder about what role the BRP is exactly playing right now? This committee was created to always tweak the list of nominees and prevent exactly this kind of major embarrassment and instead it amplified it this year. They could’ve done with The Weeknd what they did with Post Malone. The only plausible explanation is if The Weeknd and Blinding Lights just didn’t make the top 20, which I find very very hard to believe, and quite unlikely.

In the case The Weeknd missed the top 20 they should have put in BET’s AOTY winner Excuse Me For Being Antisocial. And why didnt they allow Fiona in too when she got unseen reviews for her album. They went for even more obscure picks then Fiona anyway so that can’t be a reason to block her. Honestly seems like they made sure to block any possible passion pick that could have blocked Taylors easy road to a victory. Made sure to not put in any country artists either as she origins from that.

Profile picture
    RichardAniston
    Topics:

So disappointed that Rina was snubbed. She should have at least gotten a BNA nomination.

Profile picture
    myhouse
    Topics:

In the case The Weeknd missed the top 20 they should have put in BET’s AOTY winner Excuse Me For Being Antisocial. And why didnt they allow Fiona in too when she got unseen reviews for her album to be in. They went for even more obscure picks then Fiona anyway so that can’t be a reason to block her. Honestly seems like they made sure to block any possible passion pick that could have blocked Taylors easy road to a victory. Made sure to not put in any country artists either as she origins from that.

That’s just assuming those two albums made top 20, though.

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

The most shocking nom for me was Coldplay getting into AOTY and nothing else. It wasn’t commercially successful, didn’t get into the genre category, had a lower critical reception to nearly all of the other major contenders and was essentially forgotten about this year. Completely random nomination and mostly undeserved in my opinion.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

So disappointed that Rina was snubbed. She should have at least gotten a BNA nomination.

I’m assuming most of them didn’t even know her, which is a shame for them actually. I’ve been enjoying SAWAYAMA since the day it was dropped, such a bop!

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

That’s just assuming those two albums made top 20, though.

Considering FTBC got support in the Rock and Alternative categories I think it would’ve received enough votes to get into the top 20, same with Roddy getting into both SOTY & ROTY, it seems unlikely to me that he would get into two GF categories but not reach the top 20 in AOTY.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Also I think Doja wins BNA. She sorta appeals to every genre and Say So getting all those noms means that they don’t care about her scandals.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.