Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,322 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
folklorevoodoo
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Wow I didn’t know the number of voters was that low. It’s more easy to manipulate some categories that way

I recall HDD mentioning last year something along the lines that some categories only had 55 votes lol. So you can imagine how it can be even lower during a pandemic.

Profile picture
    moriahface
    Topics:

Swift fans will go on and on about how Justin paid for nominations and blah blah blah but can’t admit how much she benefits from the same system. I also like how they all point out that it’s connections that got people like HAIM and Collier their AOTY nominations but can’t admit it’s the same thing (and even more extreme) that’s led Swift to have to barely lift a finger to get all the nominations she wants.

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Um Fiona wasn’t an AOTY favourite from the beginning, she’s always relegated to her alt categories and virtually no one outside these forums and stan twt is aware of Rina Sawayama so y’all should stop reaching a bit.

Facts. Fiona was being overestimated as a GF frontrunner since day 1. Anyone who disagreed felt the wrath of her 3-4 fans and now look…no AOTY nomination. 🤷🏾‍♂️

She’ll forever be regulated to the Alternative/Rock Field. FTBC had strong critical reviews, and that’s it.

Out of the Metacritic favorites, it’s unfortunate that RTJ failed to receive any nominations. Not even Rap Album? C’mon. It deserved recognition.

And Rina is niche asf. She’s a talented girl but was always a non-factor this season.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Newcat used to provide us with submissions now he doesn’t care to vote anymore.

That’s not true. Well, as far as I heard. He’s still an active member of the Recording Academy.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

Swift fans will go on and on about how Justin paid for nominations and blah blah blah but can’t admit how much she benefits from the same system. I also like how they all point out that it’s connections that got people like HAIM and Collier their AOTY nominations but can’t admit it’s the same thing (and even more extreme) that’s led Swift to have to barely lift a finger to get all the nominations she wants.

Carey Mulligan will get her revenge on May 16 at the MTV Movie & TV awards

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

shut up, literally the harries have rejected u, we all reject u, just stop saying u ideas and trying to be Gucci 2.0.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Now you see who is the most problematic member here

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

Profile picture
    Atleastimtrying
    Topics:

The concert version of “exile” is on youtube, if you guys wanna listen to this grammy nominated masterpiece. It sounds even betther than the original. More emotional.

Profile picture
    Topics:

We’re at 1,318 posts so I’m creating a Part 3.

Profile picture
    bs87
    Topics:

Joe Alwyn will be receiving a Grammy before some of yalls faves. Think about that.

Except he isn’t nominated.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    bs87
    Topics:

He’s credited as a songwriter on exile tho

Which is not nominated for a songwriting award.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

I’m not a fan of the Weeknd’s music but I do agree that the Grammys have a strong history of undercutting black and POC artists who aren’t named Beyonce and Jay Z. The fact the mediocre Justin Bieber managed to get nominated over the Weeknd in the pop categories is yet another example of that. If you’re white you will have an easier time getting nominated than a POC. It’s just a fact. And can the Swifties please stop gaslighting the issue by pretending the Grammys are meritocratic? It has been quite clear – now more than ever – that politics and connections play perhaps the biggest influence on who gets nominated, particularly in the general field. It’s rarely ever about quality. And we also have Deborah Dugan’s allegations last year as possible evidence for corruption and bias within the committees. And I am inclined to believe it.

This was the point I was trying to make before I got jumped by Taylor stans. Thank you, someone with some sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,306 through 1,320 (of 1,322 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.