Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 562 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
epiphany
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Someone should call Deborah to expose the #Biebergate. She is not affiliated with the Academy, but someone should come forth here. Also, yikes if for real Grammy voters voted for that abomination of song Yummy.

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Fiona has never won AA. And judging from her lack of support in the GF, and the amount of nom Brittany got, I’m going to say Jaime is going to win AA.

I said I was going to just pick my favourites as the winners in my predictions.

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439)!

Vote for Phoebe (#33*), Rina (#42* + #177*), and Fiona (#183*) in the Triple J Hottest 100 at https://hottest100.abc.net.au/

Let's get all three to the top!

*where their songs are expected to place as of January 8th

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’m glad Fiona missed AOTY. I would not want ‘Fetch’ to appear in the shit-show that is the general field. I also didn’t want her to get nominated there unless she was winning. Damn nominations. I’m all about victories.’ I love how no one can truly throw shade cause everyone is confused and was wrong.

hahaha that’s so crazy. I would rather see her instead of Coldplay honestly.

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

Meh. So, only popular albums and songs should be nominated for the biggest music award show? This isn’t the AMAs or BBMAs. The Grammys can honor obscure and popular acts. There’s a world outside of Billboard.

Not at all. But the nominees for the biggest award in music given out each year should reflect the music that represents that year. Artists like Black Pumas and Jacob Collier have industry connections, sure, but does that mean their music deserves to be praised over albums that had significant cultural impact?

I’m all for obscure picks. By The Way, I Forgive You became one of my favorite albums after its nominations. I wasn’t expecting the AMAs or the BBMAs like you obnoxiously claimed. But albums like Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Gaslighter, Ungodly Hour, Jaime, Punisher — none of these were chart topping, mainstream albums, yet they all would have been much better picks to represent this year in music than two acts who clearly just lucked out in having representation in the room where decisions were made.

proud delusional swiftie

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

so they snubbed fiona cause it wouldnt look good for the aoty winner to skip the ceremony?

also isnt black pumas nomd for a deluxe edition of a 2019 album? hmm

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

Currently predicting:

AOTY: folklore
    ROTY: Don’t Start Now
    SOTY: I Can’t Breathe
    BNA: Doja Cat

I think Beyoncé will win ROTY for Black Parade

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Playing FTBC on repeat to shade the Grammys!

Profile picture
    PSALMS🌕
    Topics:

I think Taylor is finally winning SOTY and her third AOTY win!

RIP SOPHIE

9/10
    HEAUX TALES EP
    WINDSWEPT ADAN
    STARTING OVER
    FOR THE FIRST TIME
    VISIONS OF BODIES BEING BURNED

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

so they snubbed fiona cause it wouldnt look good for the aoty winner to skip the ceremony? also isnt black pumas nomd for a deluxe edition of a 2019 album? hmm

I think they just didn’t like the album enough. She missed engineering-a tell-tale sign she was not going to dominate. Maybe it was too weird/out there/etc.

Profile picture
    Kinglorde
    Topics:

Lol to those who are calling big 4 nominees shit. Only wrong about this year was justin’s noms. Everything else is great.

I think roty and soty were good, aoty I’m mixed about. I get they wanted to surprise us but it doesn’t sit right that they snubbed so many deserving albums just for shock factor? Or politics? Or whatever tf it was it was weird. Also Justin getting 5 noms(I think) is just laughable.

Profile picture
    grandeswiftknowles
    Topics:

Just gonna say it, Justin bitching on Instagram means these noms were legitimate and he somehow got more votes than Blinding Lights.

! The claim in this post is disputed

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Yummy over Blinding Lights, Stupid Love and a handful of other songs? I’m still not over it. Even if the overall nods are a bit nonsensical, that makes the academy truly look corrupt, full of shit and seem as if they have a complete inability to read the room.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

I think Taylor is finally winning SOTY and her third AOTY win!

we love to see a king coming to terms.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

From the AOTY Line-up who do you think got there based on vote and who were put in the final line-up as more committed pushed choices ?

Profile picture
    JGibson
    Topics:

I think they just didn’t like the album enough. She missed engineering-a tell-tale sign she was not going to dominate. Maybe it was too weird/out there/etc.

maybe the alternative album category is the aoty this year

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 562 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.