Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 562 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
epiphany
borisy
  • Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

The weeknd’s album was honestly ass. You guys jumped onto the praise train like I’m 100% sure most of y’all didn’t even listen to it but Blinding Lights was a hit. It deserved a win, not just a nom. And regardless weeknd had a great year so it’s weird shutting him out and putting someone as irrelevant as Justin bieber in. Really fishy.

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

I mean 6 noms in pop solo and the biggest radio hit of all-time missing ? Also, the campaign was all over the Place.

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

hahaha. She has a chance at AA. But Brittany seems way more favored. Rock song/performance are a possibility. If I would bet on a win it would be Rock song.

my bet is in rock song too, if any

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

Blinding Lights was robbed but After Hours was not, that album was not that good nor was it that big.

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I will say this: don’t underestimate Hollywood’s Bleeding. He fits the bill of the typical AOTY winner, a blockbuster album that dominated the entire year and spawned several big hits, except for one thing: he failed to get genre nominations, but that could be because very few people have voted in the first round which may not be representative of the overall voters preference when they vote in higher numbers in the final round.

He missed Genre because Pop voters are snobby towards him for some unknown reason. He excelled in the General Field though.

3 ROTY nominations in a row is not an easy feat.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Agreed. But it also shows that the Grammys will basically balk at critical acclaim. They didn’t care at all about FTBC’s stellar reviews. They said fuck this noise.

Profile picture
    chem_x
    Topics:

AOTY: Taylor
    ROTY: Dua
    SOTY: Taylor
    BNA: Phoebe

what a mess, especially when some of you claimed BLM would impact the ceremony 💀

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

JHENE AIKO IN AOTY ? OMGGG IM HAPPY BUT CONFUSED. Progressive R&B Album is her award.

Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

moriahface start talking nonsense. Get out form your basement and seek for help.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : folklore
    Record of the year : Don't Start Now
    Song of the year : cardigan
    Best new artist : Phoebe Bridgers

Best pop vocal album : folklore
    Best rap album : Alfredo
    Best alternative music album : Fetch the Bolt Cutters
    Best progressive R&B album : Ungodly Hour

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Harry justly shut out of the GF <3 So happy to see it

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

Fiona got genre recognition, she didn’t make it into AOTY, but she did great in genre categories.

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

JHENE AIKO IN AOTY ? OMGGG IM HAPPY BUT CONFUSED. Progressive R&B Album is her award.

if anything these AOTY noms will give me so much music to listen to
    (except for Coldplay)

Profile picture
    Fernando Coelho
    Topics:

Yeah The Weeknd snub is something we should analyze for ages to come. The album was terrible, but blinding lights was not. I think they didn’t want an instrumental hook-based song to win this year (after bad guy)

there’s nothing to analyze, there’s nothing to pretend, I spent my whole life saying that grammy was not racist, but this time it’s impossible. The pop scene is the worst I’ve ever seen, the VMA, for the first time in history, had more consistent nominees than that ….

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

My heart is still aching for Summer Walker. Abel knew what he was getting himself into when he decided to go Pop. But snubbing Over IT????? And not even a Best New Artist nomination after selling the most albums for a new artist this year? Crazy.

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

I’m just catching up with all these nominations. Perhaps HDD were right about there being fewer than 500 voters in the first round of voting.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=320020

The Coldplay nomination was a surprise, but perhaps it shouldn’t have been after their BPVA nomination for an EP a few years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 562 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.