Home Forums Music 2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 562 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
ciguanaba
epiphany
borisy
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Something to note… for all the talk of diversity and inclusion in the nominations, I feel like the Blue Ribbon Panel (with omitting The Weeknd and other contenders) set up the General Field for white artists to win in all 4 categories. Just saying.

Profile picture
    Gbemi Aduwo
    Topics:

It was so obvious that dua gets in AOTY. Y‘all were too ignorant. Anyways fck the grammys🥳🥳#theweekndrobbed

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

I honestly feel like the BRP decided that Taylor should win AOTY lol. Not only taking out After Hours but also Excuse Me For Being Antisocial. And the pop picks are her easiest competition, Post doesn’t have pop support and Dua won’t take much votes away from her in AOTY either. Taylor could easily get 80% of the pop vote. I really don’t see any of the other 7 winning. There isn’t a smaller album with much genre passion in the mix either.

abel’s Album didn’t dominate the year, his song did. Dua easily had more songs that were hits and represented her album as a whole. Posty’s Album has sold more and stayed more relevant. Stop making excuses. Pop is represented by the proper albums. Abel fucked up by submitting to pop.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Please don’t come for Taylor when the GF line-up looks like that. Connections or not, folklore is her best album and a major step forwards for her. Folklore  and After Hours are definitely the best major releases of the year as far as I’m concerned and After Hours is already very influential. Abel remains unbothered.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Biggest snubs : – Abel – The Chicks – Bob Dylan – Luke Combs – Jason Isbell

don’t forget Fionita

Profile picture
    folklorevoodoo
    Topics:

Biggest snubs :

– The Chicks
    – Bob Dylan

Right, why is no one talking about The Chicks and Bob Dylan getting 0 nominations?

ⓘ 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲.

Profile picture
    Lemon
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Adore you was a pleasant surprise. I know the VMA’s are embarrassed.</p>

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I honestly feel like the BRP decided that Taylor should win AOTY lol. Not only taking out After Hours but also Excuse Me For Being Antisocial. And the pop picks are her easiest competition, Post doesn’t have pop support and Dua won’t take much votes away from her in AOTY either. Taylor could easily get 80% of the pop vote. I really don’t see any of the other 7 winning. There isn’t a smaller album with much genre passion in the mix either.

it was 100% setup for her to easily win lol

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Something to note… for all the talk of diversity and inclusion in the nominations, I feel like the Blue Ribbon Panel (with omitting The Weeknd and other contenders) set up the General Field for white artists to win in all 4 categories. Just saying.

there’s a lot of black artists nominated in Song and Record. Beyoncé could easily take record of the year, she’s overdue and it’s a song with a Black Lives Matter narrative behind it.

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    DAVEJ82470547
    Topics:

Congrats to all artists nominated! AH was a major snub so I assume something Abel did ruffled their feather a lot

Profile picture
    liz
    Topics:

damn bts already has promotion

https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/1331325835047886848?s=19

Profile picture
    mmstry
    Topics:

Is there any chance for adore you in BMV I have no idea how to predict this category

Profile picture
    Miss Americana
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/dualipahungary/status/1331328250958782464?s=20

Dua reacts to 6 noms

Profile picture
    Topics:

Boz said this and I agree..The reason The Weeknd was snubbed is because everyone assumed he was going to be nominated everywhere, so ppl didn’t vote for him.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

No matter how you flip it or frame it, The Weeknd getting skunked makes no sense. Once again, I don’t like the album or “Blinding Lights”. However, the biggest song of the year (Starboy couldn’t claim that), a pop song at that, one of the top three biggest albums of the year, solid acclaim, campaigned like hell, has appeared in the general field, did well at these basic populist award shows. And then you look at what he was snubbed for. The shit makes no sense and is hella sketchy.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 562 total)

The topic ‘2021 GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions’ is closed to new replies.