Home Forums Music 2021 MTV Video Music Awards Predictions (Part 4)

2021 MTV Video Music Awards Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 460 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Andresg770
Diamond Tier
James Gibson
  • Profile picture
    Cassy76
    Topics:

Katy Perry was the host in 2017 with 5 noms and won nothing so idk if this is a bad sign for Doja orrr…

Doja is not Katy. 1. 2017 was Katy’s flop year.  2. Excluding the Grammys, Doja has won at every award show she has book.

I’m excited for Doja and most of the performers so far. I’m waiting for Billie and Lizzo to be added.
    <p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Doja Cat is hosting? I definitely won’t be watching.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Doja Cat + hosting 2021 MTV Video Music Awards =

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Definitely still expecting the rest of performers to be The Kid LAROI with Justin Bieber, Lizzo, Billie Eilish & BTS (hopefully with Megan Thee Stallion). Each year there’s about 14-16 performers and already 10 have been announced.

I can also see Silk Sonic & The Weeknd possibly performing. I do hope Normani gets booked, but I wouldn’t bet on it. There’s also rumours that Jesy Nelson’s team are pushing for a VMAs performance of her debut single with Nicki Minaj.

I know that Foo Fighters have been announced to be receiving the Global Icon Award this year – but does anyone know if the Video Vanguard is still happening? Or is the Global Icon Award replacing it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaylie
    Topics:

Why is MTV so obsessed with Nicki? It’s time to move on. There are plenty of Rap Females poppin’ right now. And hopefully Lil’ Nas X’s 2021 VMA performance is better than his debut….

Cardi – pregnant
    Megan – playing a show that time
    Doja – hosting and performing

The others are not relevant. Why the Nicki hate…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Toadspanish
    Topics:

I know that Foo Fighters have been announced to be receiving the Global Icon Award this year – but does anyone know if the Video Vanguard is still happening? Or is the Global Icon Award replacing it?

I believe MTV is basically bringing over the European lifetime achievement award to America for the first time. Honestly, I don’t get it either, but if it means that the European achievements get recognized during the formal presentation of the award, that would be amazing. Bon Jovi, Queen, Whitney Houston, Eminem, Ozzy Osbourne, Duran Duran, Green Day, U2, Janet Jackson and Liam Gallagher all have received this, so if it is indeed a continuation of what Europe did, the Foo Fighters are in some great company right there. Now as for the question of Video Vanguard Award, I know that MTV has given out two lifetime achievements per year in the past, so maybe that will happen? I dunno, but there are still some great artists who are deserving of being recognized for their work in music videos. I think the main problem with that is there being two medleys because MTV wants to have the artists performing some sort of lifetime achievement medley. Two medleys in one award night might be too much.

Well, either that, or MTV can just make their own Music Video Hall of Fame, kinda like how VH1 had an Honors ceremony in the 2000s, and just induct the most influential music videos and artists that contributed/influenced a ton to the genre there. (I’m not saying they should 100% do it, but I think it’s a great idea on paper)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

I think the “MJ Controversy” has something to do with the Vanguard Award thing. But the name Global Icon does not convince me, it sounds like something that EMAs, AMAs, BBMAs or any other awards would do. They definitely must have thought of something much more distinctive to even rename the award a unique name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AnonimoEnte
    Topics:

I’m also curious about the presentation of Kacey Musgraves. It is not normal to see a country act here and they are hardly nominated.

By the way, any video Country who believe that deserved a VMA? Do you think there should be a category
    For that
    ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

I’m also curious about the presentation of Kacey Musgraves. It is not normal to see a country act here and they are hardly nominated.

By the way, any video Country who believe that deserved a VMA? Do you think there should be a category
    For that
    ?

The Chicks, “Not Ready to Make Nice”

Stunning, powerful, beautiful imagery.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

Well, either that, or MTV can just make their own Music Video Hall of Fame, kinda like how VH1 had an Honors ceremony in the 2000s, and just induct the most influential music videos and artists that contributed/influenced a ton to the genre there. (I’m not saying they should 100% do it, but I think it’s a great idea on paper)

In its first years, Video Vanguard was actually referred to as a Hall of Fame. That’s why there were usually 2-3 winners each year from 1984 to 1987 (at least 1 artist and 1 director).

I’m not sure when they changed their mind and began to view it just as a special award (or if they ever intended to have a physical hall). But you can see the words “hall of fame” being used explicitly in this article from 1986: https://www.upi.com/Archives/1986/09/06/The-following-is-a-list-of-winners-of-the/9004526363200/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

They stopped giving out the Video Vanguard after the Michael Jackson allegations started spreading out (its official name was Michael Jackson Video Vanguard). The Tricon award last year was probably the replacement and this year they’re changing the name again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 460 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.