Home Forums Music 2021 MTV Video Music Awards Predictions (Part 4)

2021 MTV Video Music Awards Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 451 through 460 (of 460 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
naveand24
Andresg770
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

Some updates to the “biggest winners” list (per Wikipedia):

* Beyoncé just won her 25th solo VMA (29th overall if you include her wins as part of Destiny’s Child and The Carters). Nobody’s gonna catch up to her at this rate lol.

* BTS leaped over the likes of Britney, MJ, Rihanna, etc., with their 9 total wins as of tonight. They’re now tied with Janet Jackson, Ariana Grande, and Fatboy Slim.

* Justin Bieber, Lil Nas X, and Billie Eilish have all entered the “biggest winners” list. Bieber now has 6 VMAs while Nas and Billie have 5.

* And on another note, Blue Ivy must now be the youngest VMA winner ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Montero for all categories!!!give her everything!!!!!!!

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Last year was better mainly because there weren’t too many cringe moments/speeches. MTV should just stop making popstars host. A good singer doesn’t necessarily mean a good host. That was just unwatchable in my opinion. And that Stay performance has to be one of the worst in history. Jesus christ..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Last year was better mainly because there weren’t too many cringe moments/speeches. MTV should just stop making popstars host. A good singer doesn’t necessarily mean a good host. That was just unwatchable in my opinion. And that Stay performance has to be one of the worst in history. Jesus christ..

Doja as a “host” didn’t even do much – I don’t know what the point was

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Ok so either I missed something or only a few performances were WOW worthy:

The WOW/Good:
    Olivia Rodrigo, Kacey Musgraves, Twenty One Pilots, Chlöe, Normani, Alicia Keys

The Meh:
    Kim Petras, Polo G, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, Lil Nas X, Lil Nas X and Jack, Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, Doja Cat, Foo Fighters, Ozuna, Busta Rhymes, Machine Gun Kelly

The Ugh:
    Swedish House Mafia, The Kid Laroi and Beiber, Saint Jhn, Latto, Anitta,

Overall I liked the show but I wanted more UMPH from some of the performances

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Maybe I just sound like an old Queen, but the VMAs have truly lost the star power and shock value that they used to have back in the 90s, 00s, heck even the 10s had iconic moments. Only Lil Nas, Chloe and Normani truly are and we’re the definition a of a true MTV performance. Olivia was great too.

Like wtf were those Ed Sheran and Shawn Mendes performances? Male performers are basic and boring as fuck.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    evermore - Taylor Swift
    SOUR - Olivia Rodrigo
    El Último Tour Del Mundo - Bad Bunny
    Starting Over - Chris Stapleton
    positions - Ariana Grande
    Daddy’s Home - St Vincent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    naveand24
    Topics:

`

Like wtf were those Ed Sheran and Shawn Mendes performances? Male performers are basic and boring as fuck.

Them two give the same performance every single year. They just stand on stage with a guitar and that’s it… and somehow they get booked on every VMAs, AMAs & BBMAs… If it wasn’t for female artists the industry would be BORING AF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I fast-forwarded through a lot. The basic/boring white guys were stale as expected. And they overwhelmed the whole production. None of the performances in general wow-ed me. But at least Normani, Chloe, Doja, Busta gave us something with a bit of entertainment value. LNX’s all flash with stiff vocals and stiffer dancing is starting to bore me a bit. Doja not performing “Woman” and/or “Need To Know” was unfortunate. She was an okay as a non-host. At least she wasn’t completely awkward, off-putting or try-hard like in so many throughout the years.

The show was as drab and raggedy as expected, but I’m also not really in the key demo any longer. I’m not even gonna get into the winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Andresg770
    Topics:

Busta Rhymes had the performance of the night and there’s no discussing it any further for me. (I was praying for “What’s It Gonna Be?” with a Janet cameo, but oh well…)

Foo Fighters were good, too, but why was their medley shorter than Busta’s?? At least Tabitha Soren got a shout-out in 2021, I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 451 through 460 (of 460 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.