Home Forums Music 2022 General Field Winners Reaction

2022 General Field Winners Reaction

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Cameron
Brayfers
  • Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Y’all are forgetting that everything is based on popular vote. The bottom 2 in each category wasn’t gonna be nominated. They surely aren’t going to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I’m starting to think “Happier Than Ever” will win SOTY and “Leave The Door Open” might leave emptyhanded in the General Field categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

People are forgetting that the final round of voting does not involve the same amount of voters nor the same kind of voters than the first round. Just because songs are “proven” to be bottom 2 it doesn’t mean that they can’t win. Never forget – The Suburbs, Arcade Fire. Yes, they had a nomination in their genre; but they lost that one, meaning they had less than stellar support in Alternative. So rock, country and probably folk and americana voters gave them the win.

No one is denying that you can lose your genre category and win in the General field, but it is undeniable that an entry that only got in on an extension in a popular vote year will lose said popular vote. No improved amount of voters will change that. This is just a Swiftie stretch

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

I’m starting to think “Happier Than Ever” will win SOTY and “Leave The Door Open” might leave emptyhanded in the General Field categories.

SOTY is definitely the most interesting to predict. I feel Tony and Gaga are frontrunners for AOTY and ROTY so whomever wins this category (unless it’s Olivia) it will likely be their only GF award. I could see H.E.R., Olivia, Billie, or Silk Sonic taking it. I do think BMV might be telling of Billie and Olivia having more support than Silk Sonic though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Amigo22w
    Topics:

Grammy voters won’t overthink and give both to LTDO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

If HTE loses Pop Solo and Music Video then this could factor that she’ll lose SOTY too. Leave the Door Open is pretty much ahead in their genre noms + Silk Sonic is such a safe choice. Bruno and Anderson Paak are also Grammy Darlings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

No one is denying that you can lose your genre category and win in the General field, but it is undeniable that an entry that only got in on an extension in a popular vote year will lose said popular vote. No improved amount of voters will change that. This is just a Swiftie stretch

I wasn’t even talking about Taylor specifically but about all of the nominees that were included in the expansion. Someone mentioned it somewhere else and I agree: Arooj Aftab might surprise everyone since voters will be exposed to her music and realize she’s miles above either Olivia’s basic pop and Finneas morose mediocre music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the General Field nominees suck.  BARF!

Record of the Year
    SHOULD WIN: Lil Nas X, “Montero (Call Me Ny Your Name)”
    WILL WIN: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga, “I Get a Kick Out of You” (BARF!)

Album of the Year
    SHOULD WIN: Lil Nas X, Montero
    WILL WIN: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga, Love for Sale (BARF!)

Song of the Year
    SHOULD WIN: “Montero (Call Me Ny Your Name)”
    WILL WIN: “Drivers License” (BARF!)

Best New Artist
    SHOULD WIN: Jimmie Alen
    WILL WIN: Olivia Rodrigo (BARF!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

SOTY going to Drivers license

ROTY going to Leave the Door Open OR Happier Than Ever (2nd choice)

AOTY going to Happier Than Ever OR Sour (2nd choice)

A lot of people are overestimating Gaga / Tony like they did Taylor Swift prior to nomination announcements.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Indie pop stan
    Topics:

SOTY is definitely the most interesting to predict. I feel Tony and Gaga are frontrunners for AOTY and ROTY so whomever wins this category (unless it’s Olivia) it will likely be their only GF award. I could see H.E.R., Olivia, Billie, or Silk Sonic taking it. I do think BMV might be telling of Billie and Olivia having more support than Silk Sonic though

I don’t feel Tony and Gaga are frontrunners in AOTY or ROTY at all lmao. They could be a surprise win but not frontrunners as of now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

Here’s how I think it will go down. Tony x Gaga will only take TPVA and Pop Duo. Billie will only win one, AOTY (Just Like Taylor last Year). LTDO is the safest and baitiest to win Record of the Year. Liv will win the Most Grammys: Pop Vocal Album, Pop Solo, Best New Artist, Song of the Year.

Record of the Year: Leave the Door Open
    Album of the Year: Happier than Ever
    Song of the Year: Driver’s License
    Best New Artist: Olivia Rodrigo

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Top 3 Contenders:

Album-

1. Love For Sale – Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
    2. We Are – Jon Batiste
    3. Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish

Record-

1. Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic
    2. Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish
    3. Freedom – Jon Batiste

Song-

1. A Beautiful Noise – Alicia Keys & Brandi Carlile
    2. Fight for You – H.E.R.
    3. Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic

New Artist-

1. Olivia Rodrigo
    2. FINNEAS
    3. The Kid Laroi

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Song of the Year:

Non-competitive: Peaches, Kiss Me More, MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name), Right On Time, Bad Habits

Fight For You: H.E.R. is a grammy darling, this is her third nomination is Song of the Year. Incumbent winner in this category. Song has a good message, as well as the recent Oscar-winner for Best Original Song. Definitely should not be underestimated.

A Beautiful Noise: penned and recorded by multiple grammy winning artists Alicia Keys & Brandi Carlile. Brandi’s 3rd/4th(?) nomination in this category. Alicia’s 3rd nomination in this category (a previous winner many many years ago). Brandi has proven herself to be a grammy darling, especially for her songwriting. Song was also written by Ruby Amanfu (SOTY x1), Hillary Lindsay (SOTY x3), Lori McKenna (SOTY x3), Linda Perry (SOTY x2). These co-writers are very respected as songwriters, especially among the RnB, Country, & American Roots communities. This song was practically conceived and born to be nominated for / win this award. Voters may feel this is the best opportunity to award all of these women in the general field to celebrate their songwriting careers, giving Brandi her first General Field win, as well as welcoming Alicia back to the club after several years being ignored. Also, the song is well-written and has a deeper and timely message. Comparable to I Can’t Breathe and This Is America. Cons are: voters may feel there are too many co-writers on the song and may feel more impressed by songs with smaller writing teams (see: driver’s license, Happier Than Ever, Fight For You, Leave The Door Open). Also, was not able to receive any other nominations in other categories or the genre fields (although this did not prevent I Can’t Breathe from winning)

Leave The Door Open: Previous Song of the year winner Bruno Mars. One of the biggest hits of the year, will most likely pull support from multiple genres including Pop, RnB, & Rap. Comparable to Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) and That’s What I Like

driver’s license: One of the biggest songs of the year, dominated the social and musical landscape of early 2021. Recorded by one of the biggest artists of the year, who is also super buzzy and is the frontrunner for Best New Artist. Similar to her support in album, some voters may feel it’s too immature and “Gen Z” appealing and choose another song to support.

Happier Than Ever: certified grammy darling Billie Eilish with 7/10 wins from her previous nominations. She previously lost this category with her Record of the year winning everything i wanted. Considered to be one of the best written/recorded songs of her discography. She has proven she has wide-spread support from the voting body. I’m advocating for her simply because she’s Billie Eilish. I think this is one of her least competitive categories, but if she pulls of several of her other nominations, this may be carried with her.

Letterboxd: Brayfers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Did people overestimate Taylor though? All I remember were people debating even including her in BPVA and thinking she might get like 3 noms (some swifties excluded for obvious reasons).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

I don’t feel Tony and Gaga are frontrunners in AOTY or ROTY at all lmao. They could be a surprise win but not frontrunners as of now

I really wouldn’t underestimate them. They could easily take both categories just like Robert Plant/Alison Krauss and Ray Charles/Norah Jones did. Grammy voters also have a history of picking sentimental choices in the top categories (Genius Loves Company, “Dance With My Father,” Unforgettable, “Tears in Heaven,” etc.).

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.