Home Forums Music 2022 General Field Winners Reaction

2022 General Field Winners Reaction

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
2021ravenclaw1
Cameron
PopGuy
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Anyone think ABBA could surprise in Record of the Year

Definitely not. They didn’t make the original shortlist for the category (surprising absolutely no one), didn’t get in Pop Duo/Group Performance, and the song was the less successful of their eligible singles. They were clearly name-checked filler, and the nomination is their reward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

It would make no sense for Record and Song to split unless “I Get a Kick Out of You” wins Record. If Billie, Silk Sonic, or Olivia were to win Record they would obviously win Song too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

Right on Time – SOTY or BUST. No other song in that lineup deserves it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

I Get a Kick Out of You making it in the original Top 8 slot for ROTY is still a major kii

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lipabridgerstwigs
    Topics:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/finneas-billie-eilish-grammy-nominations-2022-1262249/amp/

The way he’s gonna pull a Billie if he somehow beats Olivia 💀

Give Ariana DeBose an oscar

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Right on Time – SOTY or BUST. No other song in that lineup deserves it.

It is beautiful

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PopGuy
    Topics:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/finneas-billie-eilish-grammy-nominations-2022-1262249/amp/

The way he’s gonna pull a Billie if he somehow beats Olivia 💀

Him being a Best New Artist nominee after winning 8 Grammys is a total joke.

FYC: Grammys 2022

ALBUM: evermore, Montero, Planet Her, SOUR
    RECORD: Happier than Ever, Driver’s License, Leave the Door Open
    SONG: Driver’s License
    BNA: Olivia Rodrigo
    POP SOLO: Driver’s License
    POP ALBUM: SOUR
    POP DUO: Kiss me More
    MUSIC VIDEO: Montero, Good 4 U

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Him being a Best New Artist nominee after winning 8 Grammys is a total joke.

He has won for Songwriting, Producing, and Engineering not for his solo music. It’s completely fair.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

He has won for Songwriting, Producing, and Engineering not for his solo music. It’s completely fair.

It really isn’t fair. He’s known in the industry and the fact that he has 8 Grammys, including Producer of the Year, proves it. Considering how off the radar his solo music is, it’s painfully obvious that he only got nominated due to his connections and his association with his famous sister.

A Grammy win in any category should automatically preclude you from consideration in Best New Artist. This was literally used against Roddy Ricch, who didn’t even win for his own song, just last year. Artists like Lady Gaga and Cardi B were ruled ineligible for nominations they didn’t even win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

It really isn’t fair. He’s known in the industry and the fact that he has 8 Grammys, including Producer of the Year, proves it. Considering how off the radar his solo music is, it’s painfully obvious that he only got nominated due to his connections and his association with his famous sister. A Grammy win in any category should automatically preclude you from consideration in Best New Artist. This was literally used against Roddy Ricch, who didn’t even win for his own song, just last year. Artists like Lady Gaga and Cardi B were ruled ineligible for nominations they didn’t even win.

They all got nominated/won for their own music though. So it’s completely different. And yes Roddy won for a song he was featured on, but it was still him. You can say Finneas is undeserving of a nomination, but the nomination itself is completely fair. Also being well-known shouldn’t count against you

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It would make no sense for Record and Song to split unless “I Get a Kick Out of You” wins Record. If Billie, Silk Sonic, or Olivia were to win Record they would obviously win Song too.

But I’m starting to think that voters are becoming a little bit smarter than usual. So maybe finally they’ll start differentiating between ROTY and SOTY, after they rightfully awarded the song with the best lyrics last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The only recent times Record and Song spilt was when one winner wasn’t up for the other award

Somebody That I Used to Know (only Record) and We Are Young

Get Lucky (only record) & Royals

Uptown Funk (only Record) and Thinking Out Loud

Everything I Wanted and I Can’t Breathe (only Song)

If there’s gonna be a spilt in winners, it’s likely because one isn’t up for the other, most likely “I Get a Kick Out of You”

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I say this every year, but I can see a true split happening this year, especially with ten nominees each. With that being said, I think “Leave The Door Open” is winning both with ease.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

But I’m starting to think that voters are becoming a little bit smarter than usual. So maybe finally they’ll start differentiating between ROTY and SOTY, after they rightfully awarded the song with the best lyrics last year.

There’s no evidence voters are differentiating them when every recent split has been because one winning song wasn’t nominated in both categories. I would bet that had “I Can’t Breathe” been nominated in Record of the Year it would’ve beat “everything i wanted”. I wholeheartedly stand by that the only scenario where we might see a split this year is if “I Get a Kick Out of You” wins Record of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.